Guys please don't put it on the other forums and don't tell about it anyone. Because if lot's of people will know and use it we will never make money on it.

profitmonitor, try a google search to see how far it has traveled already... there is even a company that has incorporated it into a propriety EA... it is already out there!

I also have doubts on how to trade signals... i have not found a way to trade them as i do not understand them. Hope someone will explain.

thanks

In this thread, you will see a link to how to trade this indicator...

As for the Orange arrow, I am still chasing it down... because the decompiled version is not working, I cannot isolate the buffers and print them to screen, so it is painstaking work. I am not a coder and as you may know, replacing the variables with G_xxxx and trying to track them down is very difficult. I am not giving in just yet so hang in there. Whatever I find, I will report back, that is a promise!

Rgds

RM

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a yellow arrow appear on my 0515 candle on the AUDUSD, this entry did not hit its TP. I then had an orange arrow on the 0700 candle and again an orange arrow on the 0900 candle. These three arrows all hit the same TP on the 0915 candle.

Maybe we are supposed to take another position for each candle, for each arrow the green buy line moved closer to the same TP line.

Only 1 entry would have hit SL out of 7 entries so far, might be time to s****e up that $58 :)

hxxp://www.2shared.c0m/file/Mlb3kozI/Rubicon_Indicator2.html

decompiled and works with no errors but has 2 warnings regarding li_16 and li_4.

The values displayed are different from the original version. Maybe someone could look into it

If you got trouble to compile the decompiled version here's what to do:

- change the datatype of li_16 and li_4 from bool to int

- change if(li_16) to if(li_16==1)

- same for li_4

If you want to get rid of the .dll-call you have to comment the LSys_Done function (// LSys_Done(); ) in deinit()

As the dll is only used when the indi is detached or TF is changed it hasn't anything to do with the signals

EDIT:

For modded version see post #31

Edited by iwjw

I also have doubts on how to trade signals... i have not found a way to trade them as i do not understand them. Hope somone will explain.

thanks

Switch to M1 and look what the indi is doing

General: Price above red line only longs suggested....below only short

You will see thin green lines on the chart

Let's say we are above the red line and price breaches the green line from below

You will see a yellow arrow then and two price boxes

the yellow box is the TP and the orange one is SL

So you are trading the break of the green lines

To get history signals:

In the property tab of the indi you can find a parameter "Reserved"

If you want to see the signal of a previous price swing you only have to input the enddate of that swing

e.g. gbpusd M30:

to get the signals for the swing 2011.07.06 where price crossed the red line from above you have to put

2011.07.08 15:00 (end of swing) into the Reserved field

Edited by iwjw
added info

Switch to M1 and look what the indi is doing

General: Price above red line only longs suggested....below only short

You will see thin green lines on the chart

Let's say we are above the red line and price breaches the green line from below

You will see a yellow arrow then and two price boxes

the yellow box is the TP and the orange one is SL

So you are trading the break of the green lines

To get history signals:

In the property tab of the indi you can find a parameter "Reserved"

If you want to see the signal of a previous price swing you only have to input the enddate of that swing

e.g. gbpusd M30:

to get the signals for the swing 2011.07.06 where price crossed the red line from above you have to put

2011.07.08 15:00 (end of swing) into the Reserved field

iwjw, could you please post the changed/fixed indicator as I have made the changes you suggested but I have even more errors than before?

Rgds

RM

What is the difference between orange and yellow arrows ?

Yellow arrows paint once a green signal line has been broken, it will paint on the bar that breaks through the green line. Once the line is broken, the indicator will automatically plot your SL and TP price points as well.

Orange arrows paint when a new signal comes about while a previous signal is still active and neither SL or TP has been triggered on the previous signal. There can be multiple orange arrows on your charts.

I believe the difference in colors of the arrows are there to assist the user in making good judgment calls as whether to enter an additional position while there is already an open position on a given pair/timeframe.

Hi craven, thank you for the wonderful share. Please tell me, does the signal arrow appear at the open of the entry bar or at the close of it?

I'm sure that the paid version does auto refresh, but what I would also like to know is, does it repaint? I ask because I am interested in purchasing it.

The signal arrow paints at the precise time when price breaks through the green signal line, not at the open or close of the active bar.

The signals do not repaint, however, you can be in a active trade where the original trade information can disappear prior to you reaching SL or TP points and you will see a new green signal line. This usually happens when all of the conditions have been met for an opposite reversal signal.

When this occurs, whether in profit or in loss, I will immediately exit my position, and prepare myself for the next viable trade.

I also have doubts on how to trade signals... i have not found a way to trade them as i do not understand them. Hope somone will explain.

thanks

It's rather simple, if you take the time out to watch your charts on shorter time frames, you will see multiple set ups come together and take place right before your very eyes.

1. When all the conditions have been met for a trade, a green signal line will be placed on your chart. If the green line is plotted above current price, it is going to be a buy trade, plotted below current price, sell trade. Most of the time, I enter these trades with stop orders placed at the green signal lines, so I don't have to continuously watch my screens.

2. A yellow arrow is plotted on the active bar at the precise moment when price breaks through the green signal line. The arrow is signifying that a trade set up has been initiated, and it is pointing out the exact price bar which broke through the green signal line.

3. Once the green signal line is broken, the indicator automatically plots SL and TP price points on the indicator. If you entered a trade as per the suggestions from the indicator, you would simply adjust your SL and TPs to reflect what is posted on your chart.

4. As per orange arrows, please read my two posts prior to this reply.

This is not a difficult program to use, practice it on a demo account before you go live.

This week, I am up 12%+ on my live account from Dukascopy and I still have 3 trading days left!

Hope the information helps =)

Hi Craven, may I know what money management you use per trade ? Thanks

My recommendation:

I would recommend setting your risk at 2% per trade, Risk:Reward = 1:1, and use the nearest relevant high or low to calculate your SL, TP would be set at equal distance from entry point to SL.

You will know before the green signal line is broken where your SL and TP are, so you will know what you are risking before you enter into the trade.

I use stop orders for the entry setups, it saves me precious time from having to be glued to my screens, win ratio is approximately 70-80% accurate with this plan.

I trade it across multiple pairs on M15 + M30 time frames, but I never enter into more than one trade at a time, which means, if I am in a EURUSD trade and a setup comes about on GBPUSD, I will wait for the completion of my active trade before I risk any more money.

The suggestions for SL and TP from the indicator are fine for the beginning trader, however, the R:R ratio does not work for me. I will not trade anything that has a Risk:Reward ratio of less than 1:1.

My trading plan:

I personally prefer using the Risk:Reward ratio setups @ 1:3, use the nearest relevant high or low to calculate my SL, TP would be set @ 3x distance from entry point to SL.

I am used to trading 1:3 setups. I am comfortable with these setups, as the mathematics in play require my winning ratio to be at a mere 25% to break even, WR @ 26%+ and I am in the clear zone.

Example of R:R = 1:3, based on a total of 10 trades:

25% Winning Ratio

Losers = 7.5 trades x 1R = -7.5R

Winners = 2.5 trades x 3R = +7.5R

BREAK EVEN

30% Winning Ratio

Losers = 7 trades x 1R = -7R

Winners = 3 trades x 3R = +9R

+2R IN PROFIT, if 1R = 2%, then 2R = 4% PROFIT

40% Winning Ratio

Losers = 6 trades x 1R = -6R

Winners = 4 trades x 3R = +12R

+6R IN PROFIT, if 1R = 2%, then 6R = 12% PROFIT

50% Winning Ratio

Losers = 5 trades x 1R = -5R

Winners = 5 trades x 3R = +15R

+10R IN PROFIT, if 1R = 2%, then 10R = 20% PROFIT

I think you get the idea =)

This is my trading style, it works for me because I am comfortable with it.

Before you go crazy and all out, try my recommendation of R:R = 1:1 on a demo account for sometime until you gain confidence. Continue on to demo trading 1:3R setups, and if and when you feel comfortable or become confident that this will work for you, that is when I would proceed on to the next step and start trading it on a live account.

As always, I am here to help. I will not be able to comment on every reply or answer each and every question, but I will do my best to share information that will answer most of your questions and concerns. =)

5 loosers for today guys 5 looser trades - this is not good

Try showing some professionalism instead of coming onto this thread and yelling “fire” about your losses. I would suggest that you at least provide some detail information as to the currency pairs with reference to which time frame you were using a 15 min. over 30 min. etc.

The readers of this thread can then review the losses you are claiming and then are able to examine a review the losses that you claim

Coming here and providing no information and yelling “fire” as I previously mentioned lacks substance.

As an example, I can clearly see two active trades at 8:17 this morning New York time and for all intestine and purposes have reached their take profit on both the EURO/USD and the GBP/USD on a 15 min. chart.

Also as a side note if anyone had bothered to read or listen to the videos the developer of the system clearly states that the best to trading occurrences happened with the highest probability on the first 2 arrows that are printed and sometimes the third.

PS’ Be aware that the red line is a 116 EMA, on the 30 min chart if you over lay the 116 EMA you will see a prefect alignment with the “spine” red line from the system. Which price action will react in these areas since most of us know that this same 116 EMA or spine is the 50 simple MA on the larger 1hr chart.

Edited by German

5 loosers for today guys 5 looser trades - this is not good

Profitmonitor, the markets were crazy today. No indicator or system would have worked with such spikes and whipsaws. You must use discretion and common sense.

Watch the charts first and see what the market is telling you. Don't just jump in and think that the Rubicon indicator will make it all better.

Three excellent trades on the EURUSD following a very nice short term trend on the 15m. Admittedly the pair fell of a cliff:-) Dinner for two craven???? ;-))

Dinner for three, can I bring my girl friend?! :x