[REQ] Gap Evaluation Tool at EWEF.net - I need this badly

buypullback

or you can get from yahoo / ninjatrader 7 EOD is free ..just need to export the data

this a lot of work and respect to the original author .... SSO and SPY filled the gap very nicely yesterday.

re: putting new data into data worksheet, i "insert" new row and paste the data as values only .. it then seems to mess up the formula's on "gap trade" worksheet as they are reference the line below ie A9 and not A8.

Anyone else experiencing this and recommendations on what to do so the formulas are still correct ?

I did not played with it, but generally, if you "insert" something (rows/columns/cells) the formulas in the excel will not stay correct for sure - they will track old positions. You must "paste" over old data to keep it right. The only exception would be if the formulas are in hard format like $1$A, but even then it is not guaranteed.

• 9 months later...
Thank you dougiefresh for the update link. Anyone can find out the password to the VBA code in Explode.xla ? I want to point it to my brokers data feed.

Are you a VBA programmer? The code is quite extensive to get EOD data from TD Ameritrade. You could probably copy and paste EOD data from Yahoo into the data area of the spreadsheet.

Edited by Bill Bundle

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...