Indo Run discussion

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone found a decent set file for TP etc? I've found I haven't done well using Indo Run at all had a massive margin call end of november last year losing $8000. It seems to hardly ever trade when it does the draw down is massive then the take profit is always small hardly making anything.

I've tried different settings but still never seems to be right. Only solution might be let it open trades and close them manually.

I've been trying the indo run askalas version does anyone know what the go is with the Lots? I set it to 0.01 and it's been doing anywhere from 0.1 to 0.4 and auto lot size if off etc. Doesn't make sense. Anyone else having this issue?

Hedge is the name of that phenomenon. Nothing wrong.

Has anyone found a decent set file for TP etc? I've found I haven't done well using Indo Run at all had a massive margin call end of november last year losing $8000. It seems to hardly ever trade when it does the draw down is massive then the take profit is always small hardly making anything.

I've tried different settings but still never seems to be right. Only solution might be let it open trades and close them manually.

yep i had to close a couple of trades in profit manually too

It was just using default settings, with GMT 2, min lots and lots set to 0.01, news filter on and everything else was default. All the other versions of indo trade with the lots I set in lot size.

use the E2U version from post 73

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/11296-Indo-Run-discussion?p=137029&viewfull=1#post137029

Only change the minilot to 0.02, you can play also with ProfitAllOrders

i am new eith this version i use to play with old version 1.3 and 1.4

It was just using default settings, with GMT 2, min lots and lots set to 0.01, news filter on and everything else was default. All the other versions of indo trade with the lots I set in lot size.

hi pipmaster,

please look for this code under LotSize() function of the mq4 and comment it out with //. That is causing the lot size to double and this code wasnt even there in the original 1.5 version

from

double lastLotsize = GetLastLotsize();

if (lastLotsize>-1) {

Lots = lastLotsize * 2;

if (lastLotsize==Lot) {

Lots = Lots + Lot;

}

}

to

// double lastLotsize = GetLastLotsize();

// if (lastLotsize>-1) {

// Lots = lastLotsize * 2;

// if (lastLotsize==Lot) {

// Lots = Lots + Lot;

// }

// }

Added:

http://www.4shared.com/file/wp_Eduo5/Indo_Run_testmod_askalas.html

Edited by richdad711
uploaded the modified version to ease the burden

I noticed on indorun that if opened orders exist the ea continue to trading even if session is filtered by news, nfp or adp etc... and it overrides filters. Ok, it's correct that the ea continue to manage opened orders but it also keep putting pending orders and I think this is not correct, it should'nt put pending orders if session is filtered regardless exist or not exist opened orders.what do you think ? anyway I moded my indorun 1.4o to not send anymore pending orders when there is some active filter.

I also noticed that there is no more development for this ea and I think it's a pity for such a potential and good expert.

Edited by acosma

I am working this out also.

Not sure what version and setfile to use.

the 1.4n, o and p versions seem to give me errors opening (or closing?) trades.

The 4 trades version worked well, until it shorted 4 trades on a huge upward swing. It then did not hedge any of the trades because it could only open 4. I managed to hold out for 4 days and turned it into a 10 pip loss. But it scared me enough to stop using in my demo.

I am testing the akalas mod and no complaints thus far.

But yea, I wanted 1.4o to work (because of some of the results I saw) but cannot seem to get it to trade without trade errors.

Anyone else seeing these trade errors with indo? Know cause?

• 2 months later...
hi e2u

thanks for your advice/setfile with the askalas modded indo run

can you tell me if 1hr or 15min is the best timeframe so far for EURUSD? thanks

I never tried the M15 but I think you get stressed if you go lower than H1

Edited by E2U

Hi traders,

I've been lurking around and silently experimenting with INDOrun 1.4n on GBPUSD 15m. Im hypothesising that the EA will be more profitable if it were to place STOP orders instead of limit orders (which it currently does).

The stop orders enable it to follow a trend. Currently, the limit orders are getting me killed in strong trending moves as the price rockets higher while i keep getting sell limit orders .

Would it be possible if a programmer here could instead switch the sell limit order to buy stop, and buy limit orders to sell stops?

I would be very curious yet excited to see how this would turn out especially in times of strong trends.

Here is the link to ver 1.4n with default setfiles and some of my own setfiles

http://www.multiupload.com/YRCLXAAWP3

thanks!

Edited by iwillsurvive