Indo Run discussion

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Hate to ask such a newbie question, would it be impossible for IR 1.5 to trade micro lots (i.e., multiplication of 0.01 lot), as the EA doesn't seem to accept less than a mini lot at the inception of the trade? Is there any member who is kind enough to answer the question?

Regards,

It works with micro lots. I'm using the EA with 0.05 that is 5 micro lots.

Ive been testing the bot through 2010 with a few crashes that would be covered by the news filter.

In 2009 though it crashes every 20 days.. the news dont show in the TSD Calendar BUUUUT they would be in the Forex Factory Calendar.

Why does the 1.5 use the TSD and not FF which is worlds better ? Is it possible to change the Newsfilter in 1.5 ?

Hi,

can anyone tell me how the take profit works?

If i set take profit = 15 does it means that the basket will be closed once the overall profit reach $15?

If my account was micro account @ 1k lot, do i have to change according to $1.5?

While for normal 100k account the take profit should changed to $150?

Tested for some time but still don't really understand the EA strategy, just know it's a grid system.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers...

Hi,

can anyone tell me how the take profit works?

If i set take profit = 15 does it means that the basket will be closed once the overall profit reach $15?

yes

If my account was micro account @ 1k lot, do i have to change according to $1.5?

yes

While for normal 100k account the take profit should changed to $150?

yes

Tested for some time but still don't really understand the EA strategy, just know it's a grid system.

Hope someone can help.

yes :D

Cheers...

Hi,

I accidently removed Indo run 1.5 from my GBPUSD 15m chart. When I put it again, it is not recognizing the already open orders and as a result, will not close the current basket. Would appreciate if someone can tell me what should be done to resolve this issue as I have 15 open orders. Thanks.

the exit plan for this EA is super extreme important compared to those miscellaneous questions kept on asked & asked by those newbies..

I agree Muruku that the exit plan is extremely important, and at the moment is the only thing stopping Indo Run from being extremely safe.

Since Indo uses Envelopes and MA filters for entry, would it be feasible to also use them for exits?

folks,

Here's my opinion..

Usually no matter how good the filters (MA, time enter/exit) were designed to ensure the EA sneak to the market in quiet period, still we never know how trending the markets ahead, but usually Asian market tends to be quiet & when comes to Euro market, it tends to swing, more trending will be NY session..

If this EA is designed for Asian scalper only, I doubt the profit will be as little as like 200-300 pips per week ? that wasn't impressive (as the motherhood EA CableRun actually targeted > 400 pips per week that I think the traders also need to control on/off as well, when the trade unintended intercept with unscheduled/scheduled eco news )..

If your guys dare to let IndoRun run 24hrs, some smart anti Dry Boil mechanism need to be in place... I believe everybody can give the brilliant idea on entering trade, exit strategies is more headache to deal with ...

I can't agree with you more. In order to to trade 24/5, the step will need to be increased automatically to 30, 50 or even 60 pips after the Asian session and you need a big account to trade. Even if you stay within the Asain session, the deep drawdown (sometimes) can scare you out. If your settings can survive January 2009 without getting 16 open orders in back testing, I would say it is a safe EA.

folks,

Here's my opinion..

Usually no matter how good the filters (MA, time enter/exit) were designed to ensure the EA sneak to the market in quiet period, still we never know how trending the markets ahead, but usually Asian market tends to be quiet & when comes to Euro market, it tends to swing, more trending will be NY session..

If this EA is designed for Asian scalper only, I doubt the profit will be as little as like 200-300 pips per week ? that wasn't impressive (as the motherhood EA CableRun actually targeted > 400 pips per week that I think the traders also need to control on/off as well, when the trade unintended intercept with unscheduled/scheduled eco news )..

If your guys dare to let IndoRun run 24hrs, some smart anti Dry Boil mechanism need to be in place... I believe everybody can give the brilliant idea on entering trade, exit strategies is more headache to deal with ...

Hi everyone I've been using Indo Run since the start wit cable run and the original version of cable run. I had massive success with the first verion of Cable Run that had some modifications but was too dangerous.

I still haven't worked out a decent exit strategy for Indo Run 1.5. Last week had about 10 trades open from the week before and closed this week half in profit and mostly in negative so so just hopeless.

does anyone have any take profit settings they can share that seem reliable. E.g. Profit All Order 150, Trailing Yes 150, or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I think this EA is great just needs to be adjusted.

Hi

I have tested “Indo Run testmod askalas” with 0.02 lot and TP 1.5 Euro.

I have run it for 4-5 weeks and only on EURUSD.

Profit between 50-100 Euro/week

Max DD last week 40 Euro

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/11454-IndoRun-exit-solution

Do you have your chart set to H1?

Can you share your settings file?

Edited by CiDER