KangarooEA

I'm sticking to it. I have not seen many EAs with a PF of higher than 3 that don't have m-gales or hold-and-pray strategies with huge SLs and tiny TPs.

The backtests all look good. I went back and studied them. December is just not hot month.

(As matter of fact, it's a month I don't trade after the 10th myself, until well into january).

I'm gonna be patient...60 days are not up yet.

Edited by San4x
Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also subscribed to the Kangaroo EA and asked for refund due to the extremely low frequency of trades but was declined. Their policy states that if the Kangaroo is not profitable in 60 days you can get refund, currently it has made around 8 pips so technically if it didnt trade again we would all not get refund as the EA is still profitable

I'm sure things will pick up and not saying this EA is in any way a scam and may still be the best one seen yet but something you all might want to be aware of

New version v4.1

* Added ‘Floating Profit counter’ and ‘Total Profit counter’ to the HUD, so you easily monitor the performance of KangarooEA

* Improved lotsize/equity management

* Improved performance while maintaining low DD

* Improved and simplified auto-GMT calculations

* Added auto-connect and auto-authorize logic in case the terminal gets disconnected from the broker (on VPS for example)

My 10K Roo account is up $140 over a couple of weeks at a quiet time of the year, so I guess that's 3.5 the subscription price. It appears to be a high probabilty trader with a reasonable track record and strong backtests.

I think patience is the order of the day with this one. If you want a busy scalper that's going to make you a millionaire in a years time then this isn't for you. I'm happy so far and looking forward to a bit more action in the New Year with the release of this new version.

Here's what they had to say about trade frequency.

Trading frequency

Some of you have asked us why Kangaroo does not trade that often. Historically and as we all know, December is a month of low liquidity and “wild” potential moves, since most large traders are on holiday until the beginning of the new year (and retail traders should not be trading, as these are risky times with lots of false breakouts, pullbacks etc).

Kangaroo is highly profitable, as can be seen in our backtests and whitepaper. KangarooEA selects high probability trades based on strong trend development. Just be patient and watch…you’ll see and be amazed at its success..! J

And apparently there's more in store.

KangarooEA future developments

During the Christmas and holiday period, our team will continue to work on Kangaroo. We think we have a very nice surprise for you in store next year….at no additional cost to our current Gold members..!

Thanks for all those who gave us feedback and ideas and putting your trust in Kangaroo. We wish all a Merry Christmas and a very profitable “pip-filled” 2011..!

How desperate one has to be to love to watch a painting gets dry?

This EA has problems to make back even the lousy 50 bucks monthly subscription fee.. The refund policy is a clever trap, buyers can only pray for a loss to get their money back... LOL

Instead of trading this joke of an EA its better one puts the money on a conventional bank account- it grows there faster and probably safer ;-)

EDIT: while writing this, a x-mas miracle happened: the second trade in Dec has opened.

So, brothers and sisters, lets pray for further trades in January :-)

Since I trade managed accounts for clients I have to supervise 24/5 the virtual trade server in UK with their accounts on it...no way around. On the same server I run EAs in test mode, that's why I watch them frequently as well.

Kangaroo I watch on birts myfxbook, this EA doesnt belong (and will not) to my portfolio

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/birt/kangarooea/67781

Edited by pro

Since I trade managed accounts for clients I have to supervise 24/5 the virtual trade server in UK with their accounts on it...no way around. On the same server I run EAs in test mode, thats why I watch them frequently as well.

i do too, but don't watch them much. there are automatic stabilisers and cut offs built in so it doesnt involve me.

i do watch the testing and eas in development more.

40% return on this EA in 3+ months. it mightnt trade much, but i will sign up for that. speaking of signing up, someone has offered me the use of their demo account for kangaroo so that means i should at least be able to test it.

if you are trading on a 1000 account then it would barely make back its cost, but i assume you have larger funds then that. looking at the trading examples around the place it trades about once a week or there abouts. on a 10k account it seems to make about 600-700 a month. which is 12+ times its cost.

Edited by Stormin_Norman

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Instead of trading this joke of an EA its better one puts the money on a conventional bank account- it grows there faster and probably safer ;-)

EDIT: while writing this, a x-mas miracle happened: the second trade in Dec has opened.

So, brothers and sisters, lets pray for further trades in January :-)

If your counting is as good as your Managed Accounts business, I'd be hesitant to send you my cash...

From what I see on myfxbook live account, this is trade number 4 this month.

If your counting is as good as your Managed Accounts business, I'd be hesitant to send you my cash...

From what I see on myfxbook live account, this is trade number 4 this month.

I follow the performance here http://www.myfxbook.com/members/birt/kangarooea/67781 and I see only two trades in Dec. so far...

U don't have to hesitate to send your cash, bc I don't trade for forex related forum members or desperate traders. Its just not worth the hassle. I go only for real investors with longtime goals.

I follow the performance here http://www.myfxbook.com/members/birt/kangarooea/67781 and I see only two trades in Dec. so far...

U don't have to hesitate to send your cash, bc I don't trade for forex related forum members or desperate traders. Its just not worth the hassle. I go only for real investors with longtime goals.

Can you please post your results on myfxbook?

I would be very interested in investing if your results look as good as you say

Also, do you mind sharing with us the EAs you use? all of us will truely appreciate it

Can you please post your results on myfxbook?

I would be very interested in investing if your results look as good as you say

Also, do you mind sharing with us the EAs you use? all of us will truely appreciate it

I'm sure his answer will have something to do with pigs...and flying.

"Pro", I forgot...apologies...you must be the master here. I guess your performance far exceeds 400% in 2 years on 1 pair? You mention it in your own post...you talk about longterm goals. Yet you're nitpicking performance here in a low-liquidity part of the season. Impressive.

where did I ever mention 400% in 2 years on one pair??????????????????????

I'm sure his answer will have something to do with pigs...and flying.

LOL you got the answer already, just re-read what I wrote:

I don't trade for forex related forum members or desperate traders.

Edited by pro

i imagine he's talking about the Kangaroo. Doing tests on my tick data atm. it is reeeeaaallllyyyy slow in testing. judging by the size of the ex4 and dll that's not really surprising.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Since I trade managed accounts for clients I have to supervise 24/5 the virtual trade server in UK with their accounts on it...no way around. On the same server I run EAs in test mode, that's why I watch them frequently as well.

Kangaroo I watch on birts myfxbook, this EA doesnt belong (and will not) to my portfolio

Would you mind telling us which EA are in your portfolio?

i imagine he's talking about the Kangaroo. Doing tests on my tick data atm. it is reeeeaaallllyyyy slow in testing. judging by the size of the ex4 and dll that's not really surprising.
I wonder if the news filter is the bottleneck. It certainly was in the previous version, which is why I wrote a more efficient version of the filter that uses a 2 dimensional array to store the history.

It is interesting how Kangaroo keeps the same stop loss value as it opens new positions. I expected to see each with its own 60 pip SL instead all had the same SL.
Since it's a grid trader, it would see all open trades as a basket with one average entry price and a corresponding basket stop loss price (though a lot of grid traders don't use stop losses - they keep opening new trades hoping for a reversal).

I am not sure if you can really call this a grid trader.

It just does not match the true characteristics of a grid trader.

The live account on CollectiveFX seems to do better than birts account by the way.

Although birt did have some problems during trades being open (VPS outtage). See his remark on blog post.

Edited by San4x

This is truly a power EA, now total pips are up to 26 in Dec. Last event: 8 pips as the result out of 2x3(grid)trades...

I have had it on my demo for 2 days and have gotten 36 pips or so. i will take credit as a lucky charm.