SIMPLE EFFECTIVE DAILY SYSTEM by kraven

hello all

conglo i tend to just go with the indicator, as that's all it's there for the trend.....yes trends do fade but you need a crystal ball to tell when, however if you look at Chf/Jpy you'll see it has been consolidating over the last few of weeks so I've avoided it - only moved 190pips in 3 weeks(although the last 3 days have been breaking upwards)

Elma/John....I'd say you have it about right, don't forget to give it a few pips more from end of candles for SL (can't tell you how many times i've been stopped out of eventual winning trades because of not adding a few pips for spread etc..).......for me on EU i've increased TP by 20-30pips (just under the candle bottom)...on UJ what you have done is right, although you can see it's stuggled to break that high (TP) all last week. Important thing here is to readjust your entry each day.

Hi Guys

For those of you who are still not using it, in my opinion the best EA to handle the placed trades is Quik_Trailing by Quiksilver, that can be found in this Forum. Just enter Quik_Trailing in advanced search to find it. What i like about this EA is that if you double click on your pending order, sl or tp, you can drag it to wherever you want. This is one of the best thanks to Quiksilver. Try and enjoy.

Hi Guys

For those of you who are not already using it, the best EA in my opinion to handle these type of trades is Quik_Trailing by Quiksilver, to be found in this Forum. Just enter Quik_Trailing in Advanced search to find it. What i like about this EA is that when you double click on a pending order, sl or tp, you can drag it to wherever you want. You can even set it to partially close trades in different ways. This is one of the best thanks to Quiksilver. Try and enjoy and dont forget to hit the thanks button.

It's been awhile since I've posted on this forum or anywhere for that matter. You've got a gem here, Kraven. I created a system called DBS about 2 years ago and this is the missing link for it. The only issue was consolidation of trends with DBS otherwise it still is quite a profitable system.

I'm lurking! :O

Quik's trade manager is pretty good but I like the simplicity of this J16 Manager, you can search for it on FF. No offense Quik ol buddy. ;)

glad you all like it.......please be careful though and demo first.....i definately recommend some sort of management for your trade like BE after 50% of trade (and also take 25% of lot too) etc....

verbtheory glad you started posting...i'm the same i'm active for a while then go quiet...but i get a lot out of this site, so i tend to just post here mainly...........if it complements this then can you share your DBS here? I for one would be interested

madhan thanks for link

Hey kraven, here's the link: http://www.forexnirvana.com/f30/verbtheorys-day-break-system-v1-0-a-549

I mainly trade price action, support & resistance and sentiment intraday, i might get back into doing daily trades as well but time is at a premium these days.

The main issue i ran into with daily trades of this nature was trade management and periods of consolidation.

There's plenty of ways to complicate things but I think accepting established areas of support & resistance form the the basis of SR levels for trade management, add your krapp levels and the RecentSR indicator from Hanover on FF then you might be rounded out nicely.

The issue of consolidation still is an issue but trading the pullbacks in an established trend is a smart way to handle it. There's some indicators that do trending or ranging signalling like VarMA and ADX which is the only thing I'd probably add to the system.

I'll try to drum up some screenshots and post them next but im in a $y trade so it might have to wait.

Ciao!

Hey kraven, here's the link: http://www.forexnirvana.com/f30/verbtheorys-day-break-system-v1-0-a-549

I mainly trade price action, support & resistance and sentiment intraday, i might get back into doing daily trades as well but time is at a premium these days.

The main issue i ran into with daily trades of this nature was trade management and periods of consolidation.

There's plenty of ways to complicate things but I think accepting established areas of support & resistance form the the basis of SR levels for trade management, add your krapp levels and the RecentSR indicator from Hanover on FF then you might be rounded out nicely.

The issue of consolidation still is an issue but trading the pullbacks in an established trend is a smart way to handle it. There's some indicators that do trending or ranging signalling like VarMA and ADX which is the only thing I'd probably add to the system.

I'll try to drum up some screenshots and post them next but im in a $y trade so it might have to wait.

Ciao!

Are you using the J16 method?

Are you using the J16 method?

Hey john, dont want to muddy kraven's thread but yes with much more objective indicators measuring levels, sentiment and trend.

In actuality Jim (J16) did not create these methods, it came from Martin Pring, the original trader who coined the term "pinbar" short for Pinocchio bar. Why? Pinocchio's nose would grow every time he would lie, in the same way a pinbar's nose points in the direction it's lying about. Check out Pring's book Technical Analysis Explained for more info, covers outside bars as well.

Anyway totally different scenario, I've looked through the daily charts and combined ADX for trend confirmation and I've got:

USDJPY = Buy (risk reward isnt that good on this one)

EURGBP = Sell

GBPJPY = Buy (Maybe if ADX closes above 25, great RR here if it does)

Cheers!

Edited by verbtheory

Hey john, dont want to muddy kraven's thread but yes with much more objective indicators measuring levels, sentiment and trend.

In actuality Jim (J16) did not create these methods, it came from Martin Pring, the original trader who coined the term "pinbar" short for Pinocchio bar. Why? Pinocchio's nose would grow every time he would lie, in the same way a pinbar's nose points in the direction it's lying about. Check out Pring's book Technical Analysis Explained for more info, covers outside bars as well.

Anyway totally different scenario, I've looked through the daily charts and combined ADX for trend confirmation and I've got:

USDJPY = Buy (risk reward isnt that good on this one)

EURGBP = Sell

GBPJPY = Buy (Maybe if ADX closes above 25, great RR here if it does)

Cheers!

Does this mean that james 16 is only taking martins stuff and selling the method on his private group?