[share] EAs from championship.mql5.com - please test

Here are few EAs from the Metaquotes 2010 Mql5 Championship. I found these on another forum and was wondering how they perform on backtests. Can someone that has MT5 run some backtests and post the results here? Remember - with MT5 the broker is able to steal the sourcecode of the EAs from your machine. I've encountered this fact stated by many MT5 users in different forums.

Download: http://zalil.ru/29945417

EA archive contents (contender name: EA name):

agitor: YvsD_v.1.07.ex5

avoitenko: Championship_2010_v1.mq5

Brodar2012: FrameworkComp3.ex5

LuckyFish: LuckyFish.mq5

Rich: PricePatterns01.mq5

RIM: Big_Money.ex5

Toyota: ACT2010-1H-15l-0-4-7-8-0921824.ex5

TradingGurus: GurooEx02Multi2010.mq5

urachacha: rtr.mq5

i dont think mt5 will ever be taken up. too much open source mt4 stuff and if it is true the broker can nick your codes, people will bypass it.

if i am forced to move to another system, it might as well be dukascopy or oanda or ninja-trader.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Remember - with MT5 the broker is able to steal the sourcecode of the EAs from your machine. I've encountered this fact stated by many MT5 users in different forums.

That would require the source code be present on the machine. Do you think all EA vendors are going to be delivering source code with their .EX5 file?!?! I highly doubt it. ;) How's a broker going to steal source code if it's not present on the machine?

Hi, looking around the world I have found this link

hxxp://test.opentraders.ru/414.html with a link to a Mover3MkII clone (bobsley) .

But with default parameter It don't work well

This one is a standard "buy when stochastics is below oversold level / sell when stochastics is above overbought level" as well as a MA 20 filter. That's not the only thing Mover3MkII does. The author clearly mentions he is using pending orders and ran a lot of optimization.

That would require the source code be present on the machine. Do you think all EA vendors are going to be delivering source code with their .EX5 file?!?! I highly doubt it. ;) How's a broker going to steal source code if it's not present on the machine?

All vendors will be delivering .ex5 for sure with no source. But the brokers can get your ex5 and decompile it so they know what they are up against. This is the idea.. they no longer want to be blindsided by certain EAs and if they are then there is something they can do about it. Just gathering info like the Counter Intelligence government agencies to stay ahead of the game. Also if you leave your own mql5 source code in the Advisors directory as you run demo/live forward trading account.. and if its a good EA.. say goodbye ;)

Edited by fxknight

This one is a standard "buy when stochastics is below oversold level / sell when stochastics is above overbought level" as well as a MA 20 filter. That's not the only thing Mover3MkII does. The author clearly mentions he is using pending orders and ran a lot of optimization.

Yes, I have been search for it only for curiosity. I Think that the EA for this competition must have, of course, high risk high level of optimization ... and I think that they haven't long life ( of course may be I'm wrong)

Broco lets you download the exe file.

setup went through although it's a net install, too...looks like MT5 is always using a loader

with bronco data was downloaded from a russian server only

so thanks for that

will have a look at the MT5 code...maybe I'll convert one of the EAs to MT4

setup went through although it's a net install, too...looks like MT5 is always using a loader

with bronco data was downloaded from a russian server only

so thanks for that

will have a look at the MT5 code...maybe I'll convert one of the EAs to MT4

Just some recommendations. Most of the EAs that these people use in the competition are very high risk EAs - most likely some variation of Martingdale. Think about it.. you have to make the most profit in few months, so if you get lucky with one of those russian roulette clicks and the account does not blow, then you stand a chance to win. However for the long haul for somebody like me and you, these type of EAs are worthless. Therefore, look for EAs that have balanced SL with TP, enter and exit one position at a time and the drawdown is low. From this group the "avoitenko" and "Brodar21012" seem to fit this profile. I am sure that there are others out there but they need to be screened very carefully. This is the most important point I wanted to make. Conversion to Mql4 would be great!

Cheers

There is a saying: Don't judge a book by the cover.

Meaning it is not because someone is in the top 10 or even first that his EA is a good one or that he is trading an EA with a high efficiency. It is very much possible that he managed to make a nice profit more by luck then having a good system (bobsley is one of them who has more luck then efficiency).

I recommend that you read this article very thoroughly. I know that some will say that the article is to long but it has a ton of intersting and professional information.

hxxp://championship.mql5.com/2010/en/news/42

And at the end of the article the guy has posted a download link to his spreadsheet so you can do your own calculations at the end of the championship to see wich EA is really efficient and which EA made a nice profit but has made his profit just by random luck.

friendly regards... FXiGOR