NinjaTrader Build 18

sniffy

Well thanks for that. I don't use Gain so not an issue for me.

Just a word for others reading this - its the Gain datafeed that is the issue here for Alright.

I am still happily using Build 18 as described above.

In case you are having difficulty finding it, here is the link to the Build 16 thread .....

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/8551-NinjaTrader-V6.5-Release-16-(Current)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninjatrader Platform Download Summary

In case you are having difficulty finding it, here is the link to the Build 16 thread .....

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/8551-NinjaTrader-V6.5-Release-16-(Current)

In fact, here is a link that summarises all the Ninjatrader platform downloads on the forum to date.

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/9602-Ninjatrader-Download-Summary

I'm using build 18 cracked and having some issues loading certain charts.

Is anyone that's using cracked build 18 having trouble opening charts on any of the COMEX symbols? Like YM, ZN, ZB, SI, GC, etc.

Also I don't seem to be able to load previous contract months charts either, like ES 03-10, ES 06-10, or ES 09-10.

When I remove the crack and use ninjatrader normally, the charts all display perfectly.

Thanks!

You don't mention the data feed you are using, perhaps mention it and someone better qualified than I could help you better.

Anyway, I'm not a techie on this but I think there are a couple of potential issues ...

1. I don't think the crack version can access the ninja history server, so old contracts will not find data I presume

2. Comex symbols changed, forcing the use of Build 18 for many people .... see if this helps

Mandatory NinjaTrader Update - Effective 10/1/2010

...... all NinjaTrader / Zen-Fire users will be required to update to the latest version of NinjaTrader due to symbol naming convention updates for the CBOT and COMEX.

NinjaTrader 6.5 users will be required to download the latest version (6.5.1000.18): http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

NinjaTrader 7 users will be required to download the latest version (7.0.0.22 - Beta): http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

After updating to the latest version, please reset the instruments by following the steps below:

In the NinjaTrader Control Center, select Tools > Options

On the "Data" Tab, click the "Reset Instruments" Button

Restart NinjaTrader for changes to take effect

For questions related to the NinjaTrader update, please visit NinjaTrader support for additional resources or contact them directly for more information at [email protected].

Hope it helps.

You don't mention the data feed you are using, perhaps mention it and someone better qualified than I could help you better.

Anyway, I'm not a techie on this but I think there are a couple of potential issues ...

1. I don't think the crack version can access the ninja history server, so old contracts will not find data I presume

2. Comex symbols changed, forcing the use of Build 18 for many people .... see if this helps

Mandatory NinjaTrader Update - Effective 10/1/2010

...... all NinjaTrader / Zen-Fire users will be required to update to the latest version of NinjaTrader due to symbol naming convention updates for the CBOT and COMEX.

NinjaTrader 6.5 users will be required to download the latest version (6.5.1000.18): http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

NinjaTrader 7 users will be required to download the latest version (7.0.0.22 - Beta): http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

After updating to the latest version, please reset the instruments by following the steps below:

In the NinjaTrader Control Center, select Tools > Options

On the "Data" Tab, click the "Reset Instruments" Button

Restart NinjaTrader for changes to take effect

For questions related to the NinjaTrader update, please visit NinjaTrader support for additional resources or contact them directly for more information at [email protected].

Hope it helps.

I am using Zen-fire data feed through Mirus Futures. I knew about the build 18 instructions and have followed it exactly to reset instruments multiple times and still no use.

Like I said, without changing anything, if I remove the crack, the COMEX symbols all load perfectly. With the crack, it doesn't load any data. All other symbols load fine.

Thanks!

OK

well all I can say is that I get YM 10/12 realtime data fine, tho the history is wonky as I mentioned above

I also put up an SI chart for you and I get realtime SI 10/12 (dec fut) but not the 10/11 (nov) that Ninja defaulted to

good luck

Just checked again.

I opened 1min chart on YM, and I receive the live data but that 1 min bar never closes so the live data comes in but does not create 1 min bars. Any data before I load the chart are not displayed. If I close the chart and then reopen it, the data that was loaded before are lost as well.

So it seems I'm only getting live data and not historical data, and its not creating a chart based on that data. Weird.

no such issue here, 1min chart for YM Dec and SI Dec both fine --- apart from the history

maybe ensure that you have both YM Dec and SI Dec in your instrument list, then go through the reset instruments process and then restart Ninja from scratch once again

you've prolly done this a gazillion times but why not try it once more after you are absolutely sure that you have both Dec contracts in your instrument list;

I guess you are sorted Turbo ... hope so

Could you let us know so that others might benefit from your experience?

many thanks

It seems that I can display the chart on YM now but still getting issues with displaying previous data. As long as I have the chart open, it will collect streaming data to store on my computer. Its not like my ES chart, where it pulls most recent data from zenfire feed all the time.

Also, here's one thing I noticed. If you have never opened a chart say SI before you cracked ninjatrader, the cracked version will NEVER receive data from it.

So in order to display it, you need to restore ninjatrader to its original, open a chart of SI and it will load all data. Then crack ninja. Now you will get live data, but still problems with historical data. At least you will have streaming data. Hope I'm making sense! I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this problem because of the COMEX symbol change.

Thanks!

ok thx.

I had never opened an SI chart before today yet it opened fine for me and started collecting data and displaying it correctly - only problem being the history, presumably for the reason I mentioned above.

I use XP Pro fwiw.

anyway thx for the update, that may help someone with a similar problem to yourself.

Edited by sniffy

I to am having same issue with zenfire - mirus and also IB and all the same symbols as turbo516, I am wondering turbo if u installed NT 6.5.18 over 16 as I did? I have repaired, reset and renamed DB, and stiil no luck. Sniffy the historical data that I downloaded was daily not tick or minute so all symbols that turbo mentioned when pulling up a chart are blank, I will try to log in with mirus key and see if that helps and then maybe uninstall NT and reinstall with fresh NT. Hope we figure this out. :)

sniffy r u using NT with zenfire?

PS I am on windows 7 64 bit

I to am having same issue with zenfire - mirus and also IB and all the same symbols as turbo516, I am wondering turbo if u installed NT 6.5.18 over 16 as I did? I have repaired, reset and renamed DB, and stiil no luck. Sniffy the historical data that I downloaded was daily not tick or minute so all symbols that turbo mentioned when pulling up a chart are blank, I will try to log in with mirus key and see if that helps and then maybe uninstall NT and reinstall with fresh NT. Hope we figure this out. :)

Hey ptop, I already tried a fresh install of NT build 18 and I still have the same problem. Don't waste your time doing it, the outcome is the same.

If I have no problems loading other symbols, that means the historical data is coming from zenfire. If I did a fresh install of build 18, that means all the recent symbol map changes are correct. So I'm not sure why this is happening.

ptop, yes Zenfire. Installed 18 right on top of 14 on XP Pro.(Smartguy above said he installed 18 onto 16 without any issues as a fwiw, though he didn't mention what symbols he uses).

I did the reset thing and all symbols I use give me live data no problem - YM, ES, NQ, TF, 6E, 6B, DAX, ESTX; I also had a look at SI for turbo and that too gives me live data.

As I said above I don't think you will get historical data because (IF) you have to connect to Ninja servers for that, and the crack obviously prevents calling back to the mother ship.

But I don't know how this operates technically .... perhaps someone who has the tech knowledge could enlighten us as to what is going on ?

Edited by sniffy

thanks sniffy, I too am able to get charts loading on ES,NQ,TF,CL,6E,6B,6C,6J but the rest the charts don't load, only 1 bar shows up on chart, so if turbo and I are able to load historical data for some and not others on zenfire there has to be something going on with the cracked version and I am wondering if it has something to do with Windows 7 64 Bit. I will test out on W 7 32 bit and W XP Pro and let turbo know if any of that helps.

Cheers

Just tested on W 7 32 bit under XP mode and am able to get minute data but no tick or range bars on IB , with Zenfire still no data. I noticed in the symbol mapping that all updated symbols with "|" like GC|COMEX the old was just GC.

I'm using Vista, but I doubt it has anything to do with operating system since it load fine without the crack. I did notice the symbols being GC|COMEX which is the right symbol after the recent zenfire symbol change.

I'm suspecting whether it is because the crack that we are using is for build 16, so the new changes in build 18 have not been incorporated yet.

I looked in the trace file and getting alot of these errors

"2010-10-29 10:11:59:965 (Mirus) Hosted.Unmanaged.Callbacks.Alert: connection=1 alertType=6 code=7 msg='The subscription to this instrument has been aborted. Dependent network services and/or data were not available.' "

wonder if this is the problem, don't know what it means, but maybe this is it?

turbo I thought with all the cracked version u could use the exe from NT site?

Cheers