Newtr@der 5.5

Appears as one of the easiest News Trading EAs as it takes the news automatic. I am running it in standatd settings for 12 hours now, trading low to high impact news. Will need to analyse the results to see where it can be trimmed better.

Deposit/Withdrawal: 5 000.00 Credit Facility: 0.00

Closed Trade P/L: 51.29 Floating P/L: -12.29 Margin: 380.83

Balance: 5 051.29 Equity: 5 039.00 Free Margin: 4 658.17

Details:

Gross Profit: 260.70 Gross Loss: 209.41 Total Net Profit: 51.29

Profit Factor: 1.24 Expected Payoff: 0.90

Absolute Drawdown: 94.58 Maximal Drawdown: 131.25 (2.61%) Relative Drawdown: 2.61% (131.25)

Total Trades: 57 Short Positions (won %): 16 (68.75%) Long Positions (won %): 41 (63.41%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 37 (64.91%) Loss trades (% of total): 20 (35.09%)

Largest profit trade: 15.73 loss trade: -39.44

Average profit trade: 7.05 loss trade: -10.47

Maximum consecutive wins ($): 10 (104.18) consecutive losses ($): 4 (-54.44)

Maximal consecutive profit (count): 104.18 (10) consecutive loss (count): -54.44 (4)

Average consecutive wins: 4 consecutive losses: 2

Appears as one of the easiest News Trading EAs as it takes the news automatic. I am running it in standatd settings for 12 hours now, trading low to high impact news. Will need to analyse the results to see where it can be trimmed better.

This is Igorad's EA from Forex-TSD, isn't it?

He's been refining it since 2006 so I doubt very much if there is much more that hasn't already been considered.

It's aready a very efficient EA, in my opinion.

Not sure if it is from TSD. Didnt get it from there.

Do you have a link to the one mentioned. Cant find it there.

Cheers

It's available only in the Elite section.

Unfortunately, it'll cost you $29 a month!

You can get a free 7 day trial to see all the posts but you can't download anything until you're paying your dues.

I was a member a few months back and it is well worth it, they have some excellent EAs in there.

However, because they are updated and improved upon etc, you need to remain a subscriber to get the latest updates.

yeap, might be worth to do.

Need to see in the long run.

The trading day is not yet over and it made almost 3% profit and it appears pretty stable. Taking the low impact news out might even drive better.

Cheers

Deposit/Withdrawal: 5 000.00 Credit Facility: 0.00

Closed Trade P/L: 135.94 Floating P/L: 0.00 Margin: 0.00

Balance: 5 135.94 Equity: 5 135.94 Free Margin: 5 135.94

Details:

Gross Profit: 348.41 Gross Loss: 212.47 Total Net Profit: 135.94

Profit Factor: 1.64 Expected Payoff: 1.94

Absolute Drawdown: 94.58 Maximal Drawdown: 131.25 (2.61%) Relative Drawdown: 2.61% (131.25)

Total Trades: 70 Short Positions (won %): 21 (76.19%) Long Positions (won %): 49 (67.35%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 49 (70.00%) Loss trades (% of total): 21 (30.00%)

Largest profit trade: 15.73 loss trade: -39.44

Average profit trade: 7.11 loss trade: -10.12

Maximum consecutive wins ($): 13 (88.08) consecutive losses ($): 4 (-54.44)

Maximal consecutive profit (count): 104.18 (10) consecutive loss (count): -54.44 (4)

Average consecutive wins: 5 consecutive losses: 2

Based on the above positive reports I started a demo today. I just checked it and it is now down 4% on closed trades and still dropping with the remaining open trades. I am trading all 7 pair on M15 with MM on and risk at the default of 4%.

This is no sure bet EA and it will take considerable testing to determine if it is, in fact, profitable.

I finished yesterday with 3% plus. However, I have reset it for today since I have had the time to move it on my VPS.

For now trading on demo and on one micro live account. On demo, I do run GBPCHF/GBPJPY/AUDJPY in addition. All winners so far for todays trading day on both accounts (AUDUSD, GBPJPJ).

I have set the minimum trading to 2 just now, meaning it will trade medium to high impact news only. The Currency Filters have been set to the pairs particularly attached to the chart, e.g. on EURUSD only EUR and USD are set to true.

I am optimistic for this EA. The trading looks pretty safe with above structure. The trades are finished within a few minutes, means the drawdown is minimum... and the trading is based on what is ruling the market...

Lets see how it goes. Will update further.

Cheers

Ended the trading day with 3% plus on demo and 5% plus on live (I helped the live manually as well a bit ;) ). The live account was more stable then the demo on the US News... The demo was ranging more and triggering way more trades and opening opposite trades e.g on NZDUSD.

As far as I have figured, there might be not much documentation as the Author claims it is self explaining... However see below for more details taken from the code of v5.3 ( http://www.multiupload.com/R3PHWNBR7T ):

extern int CalendarID = 4; // Calendar's ID on calendar.forex-tsd.com

extern double Lots = 0.1; // Lot size

extern int TimeGap = 2; // Time Gap between News Time and Order Open Time in min

extern int OrderDuration = 15; // Order Duratiton Time in min

extern int ProcessTime = 2; // Order processing Time in min

extern int SessionEnd = 23; // Session End Time

extern int FridayEnd = 22; // Session End Time in Friday

extern int OrdersNum = 3; // Number of pending orders from one side

extern double PendOrdGap = 15; // Gap for Pending Orders from current price in pips

extern double OrdersStep = 10; // Step between orders in pips

extern int DelOpposite = 0; // Switch of orders deleting: 0-off,1-on

extern int TrailOpposite = 1; // Trailing of Opposite Orders: 0-off,1-on

extern double TakeProfit = 100; // Take Profit in pips

extern double TrailingStop = 15; // Trailing Stop in pips

extern double InitialStop = 30; // Initial Stop in pips

extern double BreakEven = 0; // Breakeven in pips

extern bool DisplayLine = false; // Display Line Option (Visualization mode)

extern bool DisplayText = false; // Display Text Option (Visualization mode)

extern string cFilter = " Currency Filter ";

extern bool USD = false;

extern bool EUR = false;

extern bool GBP = false;

extern bool JPY = false;

extern bool AUD = true;

extern bool CAD = false;

extern bool CHF = false;

extern bool NZD = false;

extern string rFilter = " Rating Filter ";

extern int MaxRating = 3;

extern int MinRating = 3;

extern string MM_Parameters = " MoneyManagement by L.Williams ";

extern bool MM = true; // ÌÌ Switch

extern double MaxRisk = 0.04; // Risk Factor

extern double LossMax = 0; // Maximum Loss by 1 Lot

Cheers

I have setup the forward tests from tmrw onwards.

Details: http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/8287-Live-Forward-Tests?p=101396&viewfull=1#post101396

Cheers

Can you share your settings please ? (take profit, sl- that kind). Also those myfxbook links dont work. It says: You cannot access someone else's portfolio. If this is your portfolio, please login first.

If you were looking for the system's page, please click here: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/expat1967/newstrader/49377

Edited by SpacyTrader

Can you share your settings please ? (take profit, sl- that kind). Also those myfxbook links dont work. It says: You cannot access someone else's portfolio. If this is your portfolio, please login first.

If you were looking for the system's page, please click here: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/expat1967/newstrader/49377

Thanks, I have updated the links. Should be working now. High Imapct News trading for this week will start mainly tmrw. Today is only NZDUSD in the queue at 22:45GMT.

Setfiles: http://www.multiupload.com/LRME07PBBL

Cheers

Thanks, I have updated the links. Should be working now. High Imapct News trading for this week will start mainly tmrw. Today is only NZDUSD in the queue at 22:45GMT.

Setfiles: http://www.multiupload.com/LRME07PBBL

Cheers

Tks. But TP 100 SL 30 ? Seriously ? That doesn't create a string of losses ? I see trailing stop of 10 is default so I guess that means the author is pretty sure things should go the right way, but still... you got those settings from an older version right ? Maybe the defaults were changed for a reason ?

Edited by SpacyTrader

Tks. But TP 100 SL 30 ? Seriously ? That doesn't create a string of losses ? I see trailing stop of 10 is default so I guess that means the author is pretty sure things should go the right way, but still... you got those settings from an older version right ? Maybe the defaults were changed for a reason ?

Yes, these are the standard settings for TP and SL taken from TSD. Lets see how that runs this week.

Cheers