Newtr@der 5.5

OMG ! It just opened 3 positions on nzd news, 2 of them at the exact same price. Is that normal behavior ?

If you have set OrdersNum = 3 then it opens 3 trades when the limits are reached. While the news spikes might be "quick" the order processing might result in a certain slippage of the order.

If you want less risk/less orders just set OrdersNum = 1 and you will get one trade either long or short.

Cheers

For a general understanding:

- Trading the news with the "aggressive" Setting is more risky while the market might spike/range in whatever way before the news are released. This is by far a more riskier approach while it might e.g. trigger trades in both directions in parallel, knock out trades while spiking into SL... On the other hand it can be pretty profitable while catching the right spike...

- The "conservative" setting is a more safer approach. Placing the pending order(s) 15min after the news release means, that the market should settled/calmed down again. Thus, the market might trend in a certain direction from there on. This Setting have a tighter Order Gap and the pending orders are longer active. Normally I do trade the news manually in such an approach (15 min TF, Placing order after 15min of news, SL 20, TS 20, Active 60min+)

Cheers

Tks for the explanation. On liteforex I was taken out by the trailing stop with a few pips each, while on fxopen the trailing stop didnt work (I assume I have to use 10 pips + spread as 10 pips sl is minimum) so seeing liteforex exit I got out with even less. That looks like a mistake. Perhaps the trailing stop should be somewhat bigger than 10 ?

Tks for the explanation. On liteforex I was taken out by the trailing stop with a few pips each, while on fxopen the trailing stop didnt work (I assume I have to use 10 pips + spread as 10 pips sl is minimum) so seeing liteforex exit I got out with even less. That looks like a mistake. Perhaps the trailing stop should be somewhat bigger than 10 ?

For the aggressive approach, I have tried 20 pip SL prior and it got knocked out while spiking. Now with 30 pip SL it looks more stable. Anyway, SL 30 is TSD setup.

Cheers