md v1.3 is out

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that trouble at Alpari, too. When I load the data via F2 etc, it stops backtesting somewhere at the first week of may 2010 and then continues in July ... damn. If I let the backtester load data, or even on demo accounts, it sometimes works, but I have not yet found a reproducable procedure for that error :(

delete your history files and re-download the entire data.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Just take a guess what I did a couple of times ? Thanks for the advice andyway, but I usually try all the technical issues like old databases etc. before. Will use the hint with that russian url then.

did you physically delete the data through windows explorer?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Yes, to all my knowledge I did. And I have kept a copy of a clean demo installation with really NOTHING changed, and as this one runs out of the box / directory with double-clicking terminal.exe, I use it whenever starting a test. I deleted everything in \history\*.* and even in tester\history\*.* I will now convince my firewalls to accept that russian URLs ... but hey, I have a russian broker that I trust, so what the heck ... :) will keep you updated whether I have it working or not.

Edit : it HAS worked with the new installation from alpari-forex.com.

Edited by xxl205

i got that erorr

Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Meta Trader - Forex Place\experts\libraries\stdlib.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1

07:41:02 2010.01.07 01:41 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Meta Trader - Forex Place\experts\stdlib.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1

07:41:02 2010.01.07 01:41 MegaDroid EURUSD,H1: cannot load external expert 'stdlib'

stdlib ex4 is a standard indicator installed into the indicators folder when mt4 is installed.look into the folder and if stdlib ex4 is by some odd chance missing then run a simple web search and bring the indicator to your indicatorrs folder inside the experts folder for your mt4 platform.

Somthing about Megadroid

Guys i'm was using MD 1.21 authenticated version till ysterday. i have tried and tested so many other EA from this forum but to my expectation i haven't see any other EA better than megadroid . the best part of it is the consistency

Only recently i felt that it was not making enough trades and i asked the support for the reason.. they said they will be coming up with the updated version soon.

and so this version 1.3 is here. No doubt this version will be better and enhanced than 1.21

This version trades only with EURUSD pair and can be set on any timeframe as it doesnt not matter results. Megadroid Pro version trades with 4 default pairs only but is also educated by our guys to work on all the rest pairs with different strategies.

Please not that other threads for MD Pro have discussed about this EA in details.

tweak setting are already suggested there.

here we will discuss only about the default Megadroid V1.30

I'll try to post some of my personal experience with this EA.

i follow these settings.

1) Aggressive - False

2)GMT Offset - 0

3)Auto LOcal GMT Offset - True

4)Auto Server GMT Offset - True

5)Risk level - 0.3

6)Recovery mode - False

these setting provided good results for me.

If we set aggressive mode to false then this turns off strategy 2 of the robot. as recommended by experts i follow aggressive false.

One can always match the result of these trades with the live forward testing on the Megadroid's website(page5)

www.forex-megadroid.com

If u want u can follow Advanced Droid tactics (ADT) to make is work more aggresively.

Advanced droid tactics: (follwing this will make it more aggresive)

Setting the EA on 3 to 4 different charts of EURUSD any time frame.

and changing the GMT Offset time setting for each chart like

Chart 1

GMT Offset : Default -1

Auto LOcal GMT Offset - False

Auto Server GMT Offset - False

Chart 2 (Normal Settings)

GMT Offset : Default

Auto LOcal GMT Offset - True

Auto Server GMT Offset - True

Chart 3

GMT Offset : Default +2

Chart 4

GMT Offset : Default +5

where Default is your actual GMT offset that u will see on the chart if u keep the

GMT Offset : 0

For my broker ( Fx Pro and Fx Open) the default is +3

Do not forget to change the S1 and S2 numbers for all charts as they should not conflict .

rest settings u can keep same on all charts.

By using the above tactics we are trying to provide more time window for its working than the default time

Please avoide Advance Droid Tactics unless u want to risk more.

i hope this info will help u start with Megadroid.

Happy Piping

EDIT : - Avoid trading MD on big news days keep atleast 4-5 hours gap between news and MD trading.

MD doesnt trade on monday mornings and last 3 days of month. this is its default set.

Edited by nishantforex

Guys i'm was using MD 1.21 authenticated version till ysterday. i have tried and tested so many other EA from this forum but to my expectation i haven't see any other EA better than megadroid . the best part of it is the consistency

Only recently i felt that it was not making enough trades and i asked the support for the reason.. they said they will be coming up with the updated version soon.

and so this version 1.3 is here. No doubt this version will be better and enhanced than 1.21

This version trades only with EURUSD pair and can be set on any timeframe as it doesnt not matter results. Megadroid Pro version trades with 4 default pairs only but is also educated by our guys to work on all the rest pairs with different strategies.

Please not that other threads for MD Pro have discussed about this EA in details.

tweak setting are already suggested there.

here we will discuss only about the default Megadroid V1.30

I'll try to post some of my personal experience with this EA.

i follow these settings.

1) Aggressive - False

2)GMT Offset - 0

3)Auto LOcal GMT Offset - True

4)Auto Server GMT Offset - True

5)Risk level - 0.3

6)Recovery mode - False

these setting provided good results for me.

If we set aggressive mode to false then this turns off strategy 2 of the robot. as recommended by experts i follow aggressive false.

One can always match the result of these trades with the live forward testing on the Megadroid's website(page5)

www.forex-megadroid.com

If u want u can follow Advanced Droid tactics (ADT) to make is work more aggresively.

Advanced droid tactics: (follwing this will make it more aggresive)

Setting the EA on 3 to 4 different charts of EURUSD any time frame.

and changing the GMT Offset time setting for each chart like

Chart 1

GMT Offset : Default -1

Chart 2 (Normal Settings)

GMT Offset : Default

Chart 3

GMT Offset : Default +2

Chart 4

GMT Offset : Default +5

where Default is your actual GMT offset that u will see on the chart if u keep the

GMT Offset : 0

For my broker ( Fx Pro and Fx Open) the default is +3

Do not forget to change the S1 and S2 numbers for all charts as they should not conflict .

rest settings u can keep same on all charts.

By using the above tactics we are trying to provide more time window for its working than the default time

Please avoide Advance Droid Tactics unless u want to risk more.

i hope this info will help u start with Megadroid.

Happy Piping

EDIT : - Avoid trading MD on big news days keep atleast 4-5 hours gap between news and MD trading.

MD doesnt trade on monday mornings and last 3 days of month. this is its default set.

Thank you for sharing your settings.

Tow questions:

1. Why do you turn off Recovery mode?

2. Is it safe if I only use two charts: original GMT and original GMT-1?

Thank you.

recovery mode doubles lot size until the previous loss is made up for. another loss before it goes back to normal lot sizings can cause a huge drop in account balance.

Testttt : Do u experience the error in Expert folder folder after turing this educated version on. Here is the code error saved in text file. I suggest all wo have turned this version 1.3 live on their MT4 check for text file saved in experts folder by the name of megadroid. I donot know how significat this this:

1;39;;;Function "Base36Decode" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

1;39;;;Function "Base36Encode" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

1;39;;;Function "StringUpper" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

http://www.4shared.com/file/zgFQuY3F/MegaDroid_13_edu.htm

Thank you for sharing your settings.

Tow questions:

1. Why do you turn off Recovery mode?

2. Is it safe if I only use two charts: original GMT and original GMT-1?

Thank you.

1) Recovery mode will double ur lots after a losing trade to recover losses. Generally it is profitable but i suggest to keep it False coz in case of some bad news data it might result is major losses due to higher lot size .

2)Yes u can use two charts with original GMT and GMT-1 settings i would suggest you to use GMT+2 instead of GMT -1 . GMT +2 will be safer than GMT -1

still MD is safer than most of the robots out there.

thanks

Edited by nishantforex