md v1.3 is out

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have done that...while reading through the manual they suggest 1 hour tf for backtest.

i am still getting zero divide error on usdjpy and usdchf.

eddiechang will you be kind enough to post your backtest .set file?

Zero divide is a programming error, that results from a calculation being made in the code involving dividing 0 by another number. 0 cannot be divided so it results an error and wont trade.

It might be coming up with the error, because you have set a required parameter to 0. If you haven't then it is a glitch in the code.

Chris

Zero divide is a programming error, that results from a calculation being made in the code involving dividing 0 by another number. 0 cannot be divided so it results an error and wont trade.

It might be coming up with the error, because you have set a required parameter to 0. If you haven't then it is a glitch in the code.

Chris

it's because you can't run MD with an other pair than eurusd

perhaps you are right.will download fresh data.

I have that trouble at Alpari, too. When I load the data via F2 etc, it stops backtesting somewhere at the first week of may 2010 and then continues in July ... damn. If I let the backtester load data, or even on demo accounts, it sometimes works, but I have not yet found a reproducable procedure for that error :(

I have that trouble at Alpari, too. When I load the data via F2 etc, it stops backtesting somewhere at the first week of may 2010 and then continues in July ... damn. If I let the backtester load data, or even on demo accounts, it sometimes works, but I have not yet found a reproducable procedure for that error :(

You must download Alpari demo from Alpari.ru or from http://www.alpari-forex.com/

That demo use history directly from Alpari not from Metaquotes and is perfect without holes.