Woc ea

Here's the link to the russian forum on this EA.

If your russian is a little rusty, may I suggest to use google translator bar or click on English flag on bottom of page:

http://forexsystems.ru/sovetniki/46677-ekspert-woc.html

Mods: if not allowed, please remove, although I think it's in best interest to all.

:)

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see one big problem with this EA and it's the trailing stop. If the setting is set to 6 it starts trailing after we are 6 pips in profit and the initial 6 pips SL is set to break even. It would be much better if the trailing stop moves 1 pip right from the start like this: we are in 1 pip profit and SL is moved 1 pip from initial value, we're in 2 pips profit and we move another 1 pip the SL. That way the EA should have more breathing space and could be much more profitable and the DDs should be lower. Another thing that could be changed is to add TP but this is not so important as the TS issue.

Thanx in advance to those who should make those changes.

forexmacc.mt4live.com

This is similar to Vector trader which after 100 pages on RU trader forum turned out to be junk.

This is a total waste of time.. just an illusion of profitability because great looking backtests.. but the backtests do not hold any value in this case.. and the forward tests already show loss after loss. If someone wants to make an accurate backtest it needs to be converted to Tradestation, Neoticker, Ninja etc. Those platforms perform correct tick by tick backtesting.

Cheers

I see one big problem with this EA and it's the trailing stop. If the setting is set to 6 it starts trailing after we are 6 pips in profit and the initial 6 pips SL is set to break even. It would be much better if the trailing stop moves 1 pip right from the start like this: we are in 1 pip profit and SL is moved 1 pip from initial value, we're in 2 pips profit and we move another 1 pip the SL. That way the EA should have more breathing space and could be much more profitable and the DDs should be lower. Another thing that could be changed is to add TP but this is not so important as the TS issue.

What if the market runs against it right from the start before it got 6 pips to add the SL? Hmmm...

What's really needed is real tick data.

Very true but how to play back that data is important too. MT4 cannot do it. There are some good sources for historical tickdata such as tickdata.com which can be imported into any number of platforms. Maybe in MT5 they added the true tick by tick backtesting.. not sure but I hope ;)

Cheers

--

perhaps this is one good idea to try with this ea.'illusion of profitability' as pointed by FxKnight sir, so far.i had really poor trading on demo today with woc.

Yeah you can start to modify this and that and retest but the bottom line is this. The russians have started development on this EA a while ago and the EA has gone through many, many revisions. I would venture to say that the developers would have already implemented the SL/TP mods if they taught it would help. What one has to ask is if an EA like this which cannot be reliably backtested is worth any development time?

Cheers

Yeah you can start to modify this and that and retest but the bottom line is this. The russians have started development on this EA a while ago and the EA has gone through many, many revisions. I would venture to say that the developers would have already implemented the SL/TP mods if they taught it would help. What one has to ask is if an EA like this which cannot be reliably backtested is worth any development time?

Cheers

I'd say that this EA is very poorly coded only after 3-4 versions from 13.07.2010 when it became public and that's why it's a poor performer too. I like the idea a lot and those changes are a must. Also it's very broker specific and it needs proper settings for each different broker. Many of us and in the russian forums are focused on many brokers and they all have very different results - from very good to poor which indicates that there's potential and it all depends on the setting. That's why we should focus on 1 single good broker which could allow this type of trading and unite for the success. I still aslo believe that one of the main reasons for this robot to fail is the TS feature which works very stupidly. Bad for me I'm not a coder, otherwise I would make those changes myself.

forexmacc.mt4live.com

Saw the codes and puzzle by this variable initialize to zero.

int PipMultiplier=0;

if this value is zero, then the SL will be the Bid as in (Bid - StopLoss*Point*PipMultiplier). Shouldn't PipMultiplier should have value of at least 1? Is this a possible reason some does not have SL?

Could someone please help to translate the comments in the Print() functions? At least we know what has gone wrong. Thanks.

Saw the codes and puzzle by this variable initialize to zero.

int PipMultiplier=0;

if this value is zero, then the SL will be the Bid as in (Bid - StopLoss*Point*PipMultiplier). Shouldn't PipMultiplier should have value of at least 1? Is this a possible reason some does not have SL?

Could someone please help to translate the comments in the Print() functions? At least we know what has gone wrong. Thanks.

the multiplier is initialized in the init() function...it's used to adjust the SL in case of 5digit broker

Anyone still running forward test?....I gave up...too many losses.

Looks like it's not enough to have a series of ticks in same direction to catch a breakout

Maybe using a pip amount within a given time span...x pips up/down within y seconds...gives safer entries?

Hi,

what version do you use ?

For me, I've attached v 0.1.5 since 4-5 hours, i've any trades :(

Is it necessary to use "ecn 1.5.set" ? I'm with Alpari UK demo

The version I used was in the first download link but I modified to use fixed lot size of 1.

I also have the same problem. On the first Alpari demo account, no trade and in the Expert tab, there were some message and I have no idea what it was because it was in garbage characters, not Russian, definitely . Then I switch to another Alpari Demo account and another instance of MT4 and it works. I have no idea why.

Anyone still running forward test?....I gave up...too many losses.

Looks like it's not enough to have a series of ticks in same direction to catch a breakout

Maybe using a pip amount within a given time span...x pips up/down within y seconds...gives safer entries?

That's an idea I have seen discussed and used in a manual trading system over at FF.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=156106

The guy uses 8 pips in five seconds as his entry trigger, with a 3 pip stop.

FCEA is the stolen code from WOC (line by line, thief only changed comments) , its already been exposed, the seller is a scamer. Both ea's do not work live. Period.
[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I have made WOC a bit more easier to understand.

Made the (default) risk slightly more palatable (i.e. from 20% to 5%)

I made it respect its Magic Number (which you can set).

Renamed the variables to make the code more readable.

Incremented the version number.

Hopefully got the correct comments in english..

enjoy

hxxp://[email protected]/file/P0SVkhyT/WOC016.html

• 2 weeks later...