Any EA that survived a backtest of 2007, 2008, 2009 and makes money in 2010?

EA Kain 1.04 did just that my friend.

I second that...EA Kain is the only one that I'm using on a live account

edit: e/u, u/cad, u/chf in aggressive mode since 06/03 with some small interruptions 'cause I'm not running the EA on a VPS Server

Edited by iwjw

Do a backtest month over month and see for yourself how it performs. Losses are generally small, but once in a while it can bite. EA's accuracy is around 88-92% USD/CHF is excellent since 2008 on FXDD GMT 2 fixed not adjusted. Also EUR/USD is excellent. Don't need all the currency variations. Spread of risk is not too necessary with Kain. Whichever broker you have, just make sure your GMT matches that of NYC EST at all times. After 5pm EST that is when Kain starts looking for the trade. For 1 hour. If no trade is opened it will not search anymore. So in other words, if you are watching the EA from 5pm-6pm, that is your only job with Kain.

Be aware: Kain will freeze occasionally. You need to check it once a week. Also, be aware if trades are requoted they may not open or close. That is the only issue I have with it. I have been using it live since March. Skipped a larger loss at the end of April because Kain froze up. But regardless, I am up 70%, and the backtest matches the forward live trading. I have lots of confidence in Kain. This is the best EA I have come across in 3 years. The least stress trading Forex I have had in years. If you know another EA with similar performance I would like to hear it. But I cannot find it.

Regards,

K

...Whichever broker you have, just make sure your GMT matches that of NYC EST at all times.

As for me I'm not running KAIN in GMT Automode but using a manuell GMT Offset that I found working best in BT. Up to now I'm totally confident with that setting. It's because of the DST that nearly no Asian Scalper is taking into account

Hi, I downloaded and placed the Ea in experts and, dll file in libraries. While trying to backtest this ea, i get this error

"2010.07.01 14:14:03 2010.06.14 23:00 EAKAIN SCALPER PRO 2010 v1.04 Educated EURUSD,M15: Checking License..."

Can anyone help me out..

Karthick

Do not know what the problem is, because I tried a backtest now EURUSD 15M and it worked well.

As for me I'm not running KAIN in GMT Automode but using a manuell GMT Offset that I found working best in BT. Up to now I'm totally confident with that setting. It's because of the DST that nearly no Asian Scalper is taking into account

I found the same thing. Only scalper with a DST offset is Shocker. If you want to hit the same trading window with the others, you've got to do the manual GMT offset.

Backtest results will also be off, unless the code specifies when the DST was in effect and when it was not. One of the truly under-appreciated nuances, if you ask me.

Are you using the default settings, other than turning the agressive on?

Here are my settings for the three pairs:

GMT_OFFSET=----- Difference between Broker Time and GMT Time -----

AutoGMT_Offset=0

GMT_Offset=2 ****** THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SETTING*****IT DEPENDS ON YOUR BROKERS GMTOffset ADJUSTED TO DST

AGGRESSIVE=----- More Aggressive Trades -----

Aggressive=1

NFA_RULES=----- NFA Rules -----

NFA=0

RISK=----- Percentage Risk Trade -----

Risk=10.00000000

FIXEDLOTS=----- If FixedLots = 0 use Percentage RiskTrade -----

FixedLots=0.00000000

USEDMARGIN=----- Max Percentage of the FREE Margin Used -----

MaxUsedMargin=100.00000000

MAGICNUMBER=----- Strategy MagicNumber -----

MagicNumberS0=111

MagicNumberS1=222

MagicNumberS2=333

SLIPPAGE=----- Slippage -----

Slippage=2

COMMENTS=----- Comment -----

Visible_Comments=1

Can someone speak to the difference between Kain, Dragonpips, Megadroid, Shocker, and Multivers? Aren't they all in the same family? How is Kain any better than those? Anybody who can elaborate on this from experience would be appreciated...

I've tried all of the EAs you mentioned but, don't ask me why, Kain is the one and only....there will come a time when even Kain gets into trouble...we'll see

Is there any template with buy sell indicator for EA Kain please, so that we can monitor, and keep checking order should have been opened & closed by EA, and if it has not done, we could do it manually ourselves,

just a thought, given there are inputs that at time because of requotes or mt4 freezing, some orders may get hanged and not get properly executed/closed

http://bestmt4brokers.com/fx-leaders/StrategyTester-EURUSD-longterm.htm This EA survived 4 years of backtesting and they use it on more then just this one currency pair. It is used only on a managed account

when you sign up for one at http://www.bestmt4brokers.com I get email from them and they will accept as low as $2000 as starting investment for the month of July. The sign-up for the account is here

http://bestmt4brokers.com/managed-account-prov2.htm.

http://bestmt4brokers.com/fx-leaders/StrategyTester-EURUSD-longterm.htm This EA survived 4 years of backtesting and they use it on more then just this one currency pair. It is used only on a managed account

when you sign up for one at http://www.bestmt4brokers.com I get email from them and they will accept as low as $2000 as starting investment for the month of July. The sign-up for the account is here

http://bestmt4brokers.com/managed-account-prov2.htm.

That looks like a scam to me, no offence.

Almost any EA survives a 4 year backtest with 50.000$ trading 0.01 lots. With that risk, many are profitable, as long as they are martingale.

The problem with that is, in theory, if you deposit 2000$, after 4 years, in theory, your account would grow 40% (less than 10% per year). That won't even pay my car's insurance. But it's still nice compared with most funds.

That EA looks like a martingale of 1.5 factor. At a closer look I saw it opening trades of 1.4lots, and i only saw some trades. It seems to open a backup trade every 10-11 pips, so if the market goes wild against it, it blows those 50k in no time.

That looks like a scam to me, no offence.

Almost any EA survives a 4 year backtest with 50.000$ trading 0.01 lots. With that risk, many are profitable, as long as they are martingale.

The problem with that is, in theory, if you deposit 2000$, after 4 years, in theory, your account would grow 40% (less than 10% per year). That won't even pay my car's insurance. But it's still nice compared with most funds.

That EA looks like a martingale of 1.5 factor. At a closer look I saw it opening trades of 1.4lots, and i only saw some trades. It seems to open a backup trade every 10-11 pips, so if the market goes wild against it, it blows those 50k in no time.

Well, then show me one that has worked longer or as well. ( there are not any)

Here is the first 3 months of forward testing on 6 currency pairs all at one time

http://www.destinyforex.com/3sma-prov1-managed-account/DetailedStatement.htm

Then after 3 months Gain closes account we pick it up again here

for the next 3 months http://www.destinyforex.com/3sma-prov1-managed-account/DetailedStatement2.htm

And also it is using in the forward test 0.1 lots and not the 0.01. the EA uses total equity earned to close

out the trades for profit and stop.

Looks like the best performing EA over the longest time I have seen of any one of these on this site which all I have seen crash out in a few weeks.