Tradeguider RT V4

flimbo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi LAC_STS and kyrus,

Thanks a lot for your great advice. I did follow the advices here, but it did not work for me as it did for you.

First, I installed Zone Alarm and blocked outbound and inbound traffic for TG. This allowed me to pass passed the point where TG stopped before (trying unsuccessfully to communicate). So after TG started successfully, I tried to add a symbol. I then got a message that TG could not communicated with the Data Server, though clearly this was not the case, as TG had successfully initiated Esignal Data Manager. Whatever I did, I could not add a symbol from Esignal. Instead of trying to solve this problem, I fell for the recommendations to reinstall TG, and this was a big mistake. Though I did uninstall TG with the advance scan mode of Revo Uninstaller Pro, I just could not run anymore the TGRTSetupV4.exe, as it just got hanged on me in the middle.

I then checked the installation.log file and found that the last operation on which the installation got stuck was the following:

“2011-05-09 00:39:38 Downloading C:\Program Files (x86)\Trade Guider RT V4\_Temp\dbcapi.dll from http://www.brick.cx/Software/TradeGuiderRTV4/dbcapi.dll with size of 458821 bytes..”

I guess that since TGRTSetupV4.exe is a small file of 570KB, it is basically communicating with TG server and downloading most of the program from there. It is also my guess that my IP address was blacklisted on the TG server (and this is why TG stopped working on my computer one day). If you are wondering, I did uninstall ZoneAlarm before the installation, so it did not block communication with the TG server during setup.

To cut a long story short, I would like to test this hypothesis by trying to run the installation behind an IP address mask. Do any of you know how to do it?

OK guys, I think I solved all the problems. At the bottom of it all rests the fact that TG is communicating with their home server ALL THE TIME!

All my troubles with the installation were caused by ZoneAlarm. I actually did not uninstall it but rather stopped it. Apparently it still blocked communication of the setup file to TG server. Only after complete removal of ZoneAlarm from my machine I was able to reinstall TG. Next, I actually was able to get symbols from Esignal, but as long as I was blocking outbound and inbound traffic to the TG server, the only thing I could see on the charts was JUST THE CURRENT BARS and the Volume and VSA Scans were inactive. It all changed to normal appearance and function when I enabled once again traffic to TG server.

In the process of investigating the problem I found a little nicer solution than unplugging the internet for a second: Windows firewall of Win7 has the option to create Inbound/Outbound rules for a program. So I prepared a rule to block outbound traffic for TG. When I start the program and the connecting screen is hanging, I just enable this rule momentarily. When TG continues to open the program I disable the rule and by the time that my charts start to communicate with Esignal and with TG server again, nothing is blocking the traffic and everything behaves normally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

is there anybody can help me out with my problem.

TG RT v4 was working fine with me & suddenly stopped, so I reinstalled it but every time I run it, it doesn't go through & give me this message " Unable to find Esignal Data Manager !

Please install Esignal Data Manager and run TG RT installer again"

Does anyone face this before ??????

Look people. This thing works. I have had this TG RT working since it was posted. It still works fine for me.

I use Real Time Data.

Your talking about a program thats $5K. The least you can do when you get it for FREE is to pay for a data feed.

If your really trading that is.....

I dont have anything to back this up but after trying many many many TG RT educated versions with eSignal and other data feeds and methods I really am starting to think that TG has something going with eSignal and can remote shut down educated versions.

Now that I use Real Time Data its all good.

And if anyone is wondering, Tg is not what its cracked up to be. It is a good tool for learning VSA but not for trading using it. TG does NOT give signals. If you think so and try to trade off of it you will find out for yourself. I trade (live with real money) futures (e-mini's, etc) equities, and equity options. TG doesnt really offer anything in real time trading. I do like the diamond stops, H stops, and auto S/R. But I wouldnt even pay $500 for TG. Its not worth it.

It is a learning tool.

Your talking about a program thats $5K. The least you can do when you get it for FREE is to pay for a data feed.

If your really trading that is.....

... I really am starting to think that TG has something going with eSignal and can remote shut down educated versions.

And if anyone is wondering, Tg is not what its cracked up to be. It is a good tool for learning VSA but not for trading using it. TG does NOT give signals. If you think so and try to trade off of it you will find out for yourself. I trade (live with real money) futures (e-mini's, etc) equities, and equity options. TG doesnt really offer anything in real time trading. I do like the diamond stops, H stops, and auto S/R. But I wouldnt even pay $500 for TG. Its not worth it.

It is a learning tool.

Well put, LAC_STS. It's a little surprising the extent to which folks go to complain, whine and circumvent something that is free, that should be able to make them money. I mean, the purpose of collecting and finding all these programs is to 1) learn from them and 2) make money from trading the instruments you follow in them.

As far as TG goes, it is an absolutely terrible program. In terms of internal programming, it is apparently in really bad shape, with band-aids and patches/features applied just to make certain very basic features available. In terms of programming quality, it makes MT4 look like space-shuttle capable software, especially with the right indicators.

In addition to TG, there is a plethora of also freely (and not so free) available VSA videos and documentation. Coupled with the program, it can help learn VSA. And, like every other undertaking, it requires conviction and perseverence. But for trading, it is attrocious and everyone I know initiates trades throught another platform, and, if you notice, so does Gavin when he does his videos. Eventually, everyone outgrows TG - hopefully everyone realizes that should be the goal, along with a hopefuly marked improvement in trading capability, and profitability.

Well said 1289!

I am not a coder but anyone can tell after using this software that there are alot of things that appear not to work right or just plain dont work. I have a friend who actually REALLY BOUGHT TG RT for $5,000. His does the same **** as this one and has the same flaws.

So its not the educated version. TG is overall created very poorly.

On a positive note, TG now offers add on subscriptions to various charting software. For exapmle. You can get TG RT on sierra charts for about $80 a month. It is the same as having the full blown program except it doesnt have the volume thermometer.

I know most of you will not want to pay anything for it but if you wanna try it out thats the way to go if you cannot get this educated version working.

Well I woke up today and opened TG and its different. It loos like it updated itself to a new version. A couple things look new to me but Im not sure. I was able to get some charts up but everything was black. This is also a prob with some cracked versions. Basically all of the colors are black.

You have to go into the settings and change the colors back to normal. Bar up = green, bar down = red, chart backround white, etc, etc, etc.

But.... Now all of the signals (triangles that you cliick and it tells you the signal, such as no demand, etc.) they dont show anything. nothing at all.

Any one else who has this working have the same problem?

Or does nobody else have this working?

Hi guys,

is there anybody can help me out with my problem.

TG RT v4 was working fine with me & suddenly stopped, so I reinstalled it but every time I run it, it doesn't go through & give me this message " Unable to find Esignal Data Manager !

Please install Esignal Data Manager and run TG RT installer again"

Does anyone face this before ??????

I have the same problem guys...

I have the same problem guys...

Do you guys actually have a paid for subscription to eSignal?

I got mine working again. I dont konw what happened but basically I just uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller, then reinstalled it like I did the first time. All is good again. Working 100% again. And I have a real realtimedata feed. Costs me about $60 a month for US equities, and all of the e-Mini's real time.

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz183/LAC_STS/TGSnip7-7-11.jpg

My setup hangs during installation, during running at downloading file 47 of 198 (rtdsymbollist.nx1) at 394 KB

plz guide how to installed it...encountering same problem,,,

i shut down my antivirus also, but same problem persists...

I installed it regular just like in the directions.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: If you DO NOT have a subscription to a data feed (a real one you pay money for) with either eSignal (not confirmed working with this cracked version) or with RealTimeData who I have and confirm it works, then state it in your post.

I have the feeling that most all of you are complaining about some problem or another when it DOESN'T MATTER because it is not going to work at all without a a data feed.

You can get a trial through both eSignal and RealTimeData . Or you can order just one cheap market and try it. If you are really trading then you shouldn't have a problem with this.

I PAY for a RealTimeData data feed for US equities and e-Mini futures, 50 MB broadband at my house, a 15" VAIO that I use exclusively for trading away from home, an air card with unlimited data, 2 30" Gateway 2560X1600P monitors , an iPad 2 3G, and an iPhone 4 with every financial market app worth a damn, and probably $50-75 in other subscriptions I pay for every now and then or monthly for news feeds, and such.

Trading is a business. You need things to operate a business.

This is how you solve it...

You need to download this file proxydll.dll (you can ask e-signal member to send the file to you) and put it in the TGRT4 program folder... and run TGRT and make sure your internet is offline... once you are in TGRT you can online back your internet again!

I don't know why V4 don't have the option of Point and Figure Chart Style whereas 2.5.3 has... anyone can answer this?

Cheers...

Hi guys, I have different problem. I installed it and when 1st time it asked to choose data feed provider, i pushed esignal by accident. It kept asking me for e signal data manager, and I uninstalled TGv4 with revo uninstaller, removing registry files and other **** as well. Now I have tried to re-install many times but TG doesnt offer me the choice, its starts off trying to conncect with esignal data maneger

Hi guys, I have different problem. I installed it and when 1st time it asked to choose data feed provider, i pushed esignal by accident. It kept asking me for e signal data manager, and I uninstalled TGv4 with revo uninstaller, removing registry files and other **** as well. Now I have tried to re-install many times but TG doesnt offer me the choice, its starts off trying to conncect with esignal data maneger

I'm facing the same problem though I'm using it with my metastock data........................can anyone help in this regard.

Basically all of the colors are black.

You have to go into the settings and change the colors back to normal. Bar up = green, bar down = red, chart backround white, etc, etc, etc.

But.... Now all of the signals (triangles that you cliick and it tells you the signal, such as no demand, etc.) they dont show anything. nothing at all.

I've installed TG a few days ago and have experienced the same problems.

Changing the colors to something useful was no problem, but I still don't get any information on the different indicators. They're shown and if you click on them a popup for the indicator explanation comes up, but no information in it, neither signal number nor text explaining it.

Has anyone been able to fix this problem?

I've installed TG a few days ago and have experienced the same problems.

Changing the colors to something useful was no problem, but I still don't get any information on the different indicators. They're shown and if you click on them a popup for the indicator explanation comes up, but no information in it, neither signal number nor text explaining it.

Has anyone been able to fix this problem?

that happened to me. I fixed it by uninstalling completely and reinstalling.

you guys do know that even though your using a program like Revo Uninstalled to remove the program completely including registry etc, you still have to reboot after you uninstall and before you install.