Developing S/R Expert : Highly Profitable : 99 % Accuracy

harsh124

Re: Developing S/R Expert : Highly Profitable : 99 % Accuracy

scarface, I believe this EA was best on H4 for JPY pairs, if it is from forex scripts:

Description:

Used for the MQL4 MetaQuotes Championship http://championship.mql4.com

Dealers Lots Management with a single entry rule using FX_FISH moving averages (the indicators name is FX_FISH_2MA). The indicator is good to determine trend/momentum, so the EA is a trend follow me system. On sideways markets it makes small loses but with good moves over all 2006 it made enough profit to cover the loses. The EA has by default a protection system to close all orders when the loss reached the 90% of account balance.

Unfortunetly adjusted to open up to 5 simultaneous orders to meet trading terms contest.

Works on JPY pairs H4.

The parameters was disable as external parameters but he EA could be adjusted/tunned for TrailStopLoss, TakeProfit, etc.

Is the one you uploaded a modified version of the mql4 championship of 2006? Thanks.

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

Hi manganate,

Good day,

Yes, it is. Actually I was following up this EA's thread long time ago, and never thought someone would ask about it. The EA was used for competition in 2006, but this is a modified version of it.

I hope this is useful.

Best wishes,

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)

Hello People,

After so many requests of Some Live Account Results,

I had asked one of my friends to try this one a Live Account For Some Proof,

He tried this system of M5 & M15 Time frames of GBPUSD Pair.

Here is the link for report :- http://www.4shared.com/file/229381469/b7923cc/Savalia.html

Now your should see, how powerful this system is.

$ 250 - $ 335 in ONE TRADING DAY on ONE PAIR with 12.97 % Drawdown.

Impressive, Isnt it ?

Harsh124

Please Dont Forget the Kudos Coming! :-bd

Hey,

If any skilled programmer can help us out here :- We can create a wonderful Bot with Sureshot Accuracy ( About 99 % ) And Can Make Tons Of Green Pips for all of us!

Where have I heard that before....? @-)

OK, you want someone to code this? Fine. I'll take a crack at it... but let's face some facts.... if it's as good as you say it is, I'm not sharing it. If it sucks... I'll share it :)>-

Scouts honor. <):)

Yeah - Its a sure shot on H1 and H4 Time Frames. This was experimentally Tried on a M5 / M15 Time Frame. See I shared this strategy and now its your responsibility to share the bot - if you can make it!

harsh124

what i think would be important and interesting are the KEY S/R levels at which the large banks and institutions would look to make their decisions, but i have no idea at what they are looking exactly (may it be Pivots, Fibs or anything else

I have heard so much about Key Support and Resistance in the past just a oktoeight said, but is there any MT 4 indicator(s) or a system/method that can help put these numbers on the charts or any suggestion on how to identify these? :)>-

Harsh,

Thanks for the live statement. It's good to see your system working in scalping timeframes too, that may well be the best way to trade the system with an EA. We'll have to see if the EA experts can put together a system then we can do some forward testing in demo with M5, M15 and 1H. Unfortunately I've only dabbled with MQL coding and not written EAs, otherwise I'd be keen to put together an EA and give it a run.

Arborfx,

I don't think there's such a thing as "key levels" which are followed by all banks and institutions.

Some banks publish pivot based S/R analyses regularly which appear to be based on the standard pivot calculations, others look at recent price action highs and lows etc. Individual traders within banks use a variety of methods - for example ex-bank head trader Tom Strignano created a "home grown" method of calculating (very accurate, though unfortunately top secret) key S/R levels which is based on Fibonnaci ratios and wave analysis.

I don't think we should get too hung up on S/R calculations here, particularly given that Harsh's system appears to work ok with the Barry S/R levels. Sometimes it's not the accuracy of the system indicators which is important, it's the way in which the whole system is put together and traded. In fact with sound MM and and a good exit strategy I think it would be possible to create a system where you could enter trades totally at random and still turn a profit.

Harsh,

Thanks for the live statement. It's good to see your system working in scalping timeframes too, that may well be the best way to trade the system with an EA. We'll have to see if the EA experts can put together a system then we can do some forward testing in demo with M5, M15 and 1H. Unfortunately I've only dabbled with MQL coding and not written EAs, otherwise I'd be keen to put together an EA and give it a run.

I guess it justifies my fact till some extent, That I wasn't Lying - I had a good intention in sharing a good system.

Now I am glad if we could work together to make something really special out here!

Harsh124

Hello People,

After so many requests of Some Live Account Results,

I had asked one of my friends to try this one a Live Account For Some Proof,

He tried this system of M5 & M15 Time frames of GBPUSD Pair.

Here is the link for report :- http://[email protected]/file/229381469/b7923cc/Savalia.html

Now your should see, how powerful this system is.

$ 250 - $ 335 in ONE TRADING DAY on ONE PAIR with 12.97 % Drawdown.

Impressive, Isnt it ?

Harsh124

impressive? =)) saying it is impressive based in one just day, my friend test the robot for 6 months, if it can keep that, than its impressive.

The system basically lacks an exit strategy.

(and when you mean 40 pips over the leve, you mean 4 pips on a 4-digit broker, right?)

You *could* take a set number of pips per timeframe, but that is a roadway to hell because as markets change, so too do trading ranges.

Basically, you need to set take profit at an old SR level.... no sure how to do this yet, but manual backtesting will probably tell me.

That... AND the indicators repaint. The SR indicator shifts its SR around when levels are broken.

impressive? =)) saying it is impressive based in one just day, my friend test the robot for 6 months, if it can keep that, than its impressive.

Excuse Me Mate ?

The robot aint made yet. He traded Manually - Seriously do people over here have an understanding problem or do you guys really like to turn someone down and make him feel horrible while he is trying to be good and sharing his own strategies. I am seriously very disappointed by this attitude.

Next time I'll think twice before sharing anything which is good over here.

Harsh124

harsh124,

thank you for your good intentions and for sharing...dont listen to others that are ungrateful. in fact, i don't think te-foder has taken the initiative to share anything unique of his own. people that are not interested in this bot should refrain from criticizing others that are genuinely interested in sharing. if it has poor performance; there are numerous experts here that will point it out constructively. no need for negative energy.

Hi All,

Good day,

I would like to notify you that this is an initial warning to all of those who don't show respect in their posts. You need to be very careful when writing something. If you want to participate in this thread, please feel free to do so, but must give consideration to the forum rules.

I could notice some of you writing some direct attacks against the thread creator so please stop this...

If you feel that you are unable to objectively discuss this topic, you can just leave it to those who want to continue digging down reaching some results.

Please keep the good work and try your best not to make troubles for yourselves and others. ;)

Best wishes,

a New Year 2011 has come, and the challenge has just started 8-)

Ive been thinking about the TP possibilities of the strategy... and indeed... breakout of fractal level points has been a strategy idea in the back of my mind for a while.

The obvious TP for a breakout would probably be the 138 fib extension of the distance between the SR levels. At that point it would be safe to TP and/or possibly move the SL to breakeven... and done like that it should make it somewhat resistant to changing market conditions, as the 138 fib is widely respected no matter the range.

The kicker is the real question though... not sure if it should refer to the current timeframe, or move to a higher one for confirmation.... only an actual EA with some backtesting may tell us.

Hi Harsh,

I appreciate your effort but I would like to ask is this your statment? Reason is the entries on the system you describe don't seem to match up with entries in the statment, of course it is difficult to match them as Barry's indicator repaints. I had used Barry's a lot when i was following the methods of mp6140 along with the shi channel and my conclusion was it is a bit useful.

I would just like to add if you look at the statment he was trading some other method before he made the deposit of 5000, those trades were held for atleast a day and thats where his profits came from. If you check the trades he made after making the 5000 deposit its just just roughly 5000 dollars profit. and during this period i thinks its not a very good methodology because his losses are bigger than his gains. He made a lot of money but gave most of it back which left him with 5000.

I'd just like to ask how u know the trades on the statment you posted are those that were traded by the strategy you describe. If its your own statment then yes we can trust you but if its someone else's statment how do you know that person is not trading some other strategy and not this one. i ask this as I could not match many trades.

Hey,

First of all the trades before those 5000 Dollars are initially the money he made using his own startergies, after that whichever trades are made are using my stratergy. Those are not from my account, those are from one of my friend's account.

To accomodate the repainting of Support And Resistance and make this stratergy effective, the Kicker indicator has been used.

Harsh124

Hi Harsh,

The statement is certainly impressive, though I agree with Herman that your system rules don't appear to have been followed, so it doesn't really help in working out solid rules to code into an EA. Also most of the trades have been made without target or stop which suggests a high element of manual discretion is involved in making these trades rather than strictly following your rules.

There are 10 pairs traded in total, but I'll just look at the GBPUSD examples which perform best according to your rules.

I've used Alpari UK so that there are no time differences and marked the entries with arrows on the chart below:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4389758852_c44df59218_o.jpg

Because the kicker rule is the simplest to check (with no repainting issues), as you can see we have Short trades entered when kicker is blue and Long trades entered when kicker is red.

Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Hey,

Make a correction Trade Long when price breaks out the resistance level and Kicker is Blue & Trade Short when Price Breaks Support Levels And Kicker is Red.

See I have outlined some trades in the image you uploaded. :-bd

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2936/4389758852c44df59218o.jpg

Harsh124 :-bd

Hi Harsh,

I think your terminology of "pips" is confusing things. As a general rule, a "pip" is referred to as the 4 decimal places quote pip. Some EAs have been written in a lazy way and expect you to enter 100 for a 10 pip target, though we should always refer to pips as the 4 d.p. ones.

Initially I thought that your system was a longer term system than it actually is because you refer to targets as being 100 pips in your original post.

So...the rules as I understand them are:

Long: Kicker is blue and price is > resistance + 4 pips

Short: Kicker is red and price is < support - 4 pips

If Kicker has just turned from blue to red or red to blue (assumed start of main trend), we place 2 trades:

1. Target 10 pips

2. Target at change of kicker colour, if current price is > (10 pips + spread) in profit, then set trailing stop to 10 pips.

If the previous trade was taken with the same colour kicker (i.e. we're already in a trend) then we just place one trade with target 10 pips.

Stop Loss: 15 to 20 pips (or possibly previous support if we're entering Long or previous resistance if we're entering Short?)

Is my understanding correct ?

Hi Harsh,

I think your terminology of "pips" is confusing things. As a general rule, a "pip" is referred to as the 4 decimal places quote pip. Some EAs have been written in a lazy way and expect you to enter 100 for a 10 pip target, though we should always refer to pips as the 4 d.p. ones.

Initially I thought that your system was a longer term system than it actually is because you refer to targets as being 100 pips in your original post.

So...the rules as I understand them are:

Long: Kicker is blue and price is > resistance + 4 pips

Short: Kicker is red and price is < support - 4 pips

If Kicker has just turned from blue to red or red to blue (assumed start of main trend), we place 2 trades:

1. Target 10 pips

2. Target at change of kicker colour, if current price is > (10 pips + spread) in profit, then set trailing stop to 10 pips.

If the previous trade was taken with the same colour kicker (i.e. we're already in a trend) then we just place one trade with target 10 pips.

Stop Loss: 15 to 20 pips (or possibly previous support if we're entering Long or previous resistance if we're entering Short?)

Is my understanding correct ?

Umm -> Some Corrections

Trade Rules :-

Go Long When

1> Kicker Is Blue

2> Price Breaks the Resistance Level

Go Short When

1> Kicker is Red

2> Price Breaks The Support Levels

Take Profits & Trading Scheme :-

=> Take two trades as soon as you find a signal

Take Profits :-

=> For the First Trade :- Give it a solid Take Profit of 10 Pips

=> For the Second Trade :- Let it ride the trend till the kicker Indicator changes its colour. And ** Always keep a note to keep a TRAILING STOP of 10 pips, So if there is a reversal -> You'll be safe.

Stop Losses :-

=> I am still researching for possible based Stop loss entries but I am not able to give much time to find a Fixed Value

=> And If stop losses are hit too - I want to make the trades as safe and reduce the losses to the highest extent.

=> If anyone generous enough could invest some time here for that - I'll be glad

Trailing Stops :-

=> Let first trade append to system rules of 10 Pips.

=> Let Second Trade Ride the trend with a Trailing stop of 10 Pips & Close the trade as soon as kicker changes colour.

New Experiments :-

=> I will try to add some new Indicators which can give better quality signals!

I think I have made myself clear, However any more questions , Doubts Issues - Feel Free to contact me!

Harsh124

Thanks for the clarification of the rules which should now be clear enough to create an EA from - Rio seems keen to give this a whirl, so it will be interesting to see what he can come up with.

The best thing to do is first create a basic EA working solely from the rules you've just given. The stop can be a parameter for starters, defaulted at 20 pips for example.

If we have a core system expert, then some forward testing will let us see where there are areas for improvement and we can look at further supporting indicators at that point.