BBW Scalper

Re: BBW Scalper

You can ask him directly.

He posted a new thread "Meet the BBW Scalper Designer", see here:

http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7793

That thread was going well but then abruptly locked, so it looks like the discussion will have to return here.

We just really need to see a real money account that has performed superbly well for at least a few months (but even better if it's 6 months or more). In the meantime, my attention will be elsewhere.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norman,

First, I'd prefer "Why" to "what the hell", just as a matter of common courtesy.

To address the apparent confusion, Hedge Funds trade larger account sizes. Larry asked me to test the Pro version which is targeted specifically for Professional Traders and Hedge Funds. As stated in the post, part of this test was to see how the splitting of large orders into smaller orders might affect fills and closes using the MaxOrderSize parameter. It's common practice for Hedge Funds and Institutionals to use an 'Iceberg Strategy' where they don't trade 'all' of their large orders at once. Tips their hand. So the orders placed are smaller, the 'tip of the iceberg', so to speak. So this is a key variable to test if Larry sells into that market. Amazingly, some of them actually use MT4 along with their other more 'sophisticated' platforms.

The purpose of the post was to answer other poster's questions here and in PMs as to what settings I'm testing with. Btw, I also have Accelerator turned on.

You, of course, can test your own version of the program on whatever account size you're comfortable with. The setting produce pretty much the same results. Scaleable. Which is why a thousand pip DD isn't cause to panic when you're up more than 2500 pips already. Scaleable.

These pairs with these settings, even my aggressive ones, have yet to produce DD > 4% which was the apparent cause of all the negative postings before. One would think you'd be pleased to see such positive results coming out of this.

Regards,

Merlin

Hey Merlin,

I am very much interested in that EA, but somehow I cannot get it going although I have tried to compile / educate it like Rio explained at the very beginning of the post.

Maybe somebody might upload the package again or tell me where I can get it in private mail.

Thanks a lot ^:)^

I found this expert on the demo account = 3000 risk = 30, all the rest by default, for 6 pairs. Outcome 2 days of work, account = 0. First, he has earned, but today the news broke through.

http://i078.radikal.ru/1002/fd/220116ef4a0e.jpg

Hi Vlad,

Can you please upload the full account statement file? I can't make out any of the details from the JPG.

For the same time period, I'm showing about 1% per day gain and never below 5% DD so, obviously *something* is different.

Thanks,

Merlin

Can you please upload the full account statement file? I can't make out any of the details from the JPG.

For the same time period, I'm showing about 1% per day gain and never below 5% DD so, obviously *something* is different.

Thanks,

Merlin

Hi, Merlin.

ht__://rapidshare.com/files/345958396/Demo.rar.html

Can you tell that to change settings.

Hello folks, Hey there Vlad, I would be interested in seeing more details on your situation. I find it hard to believe that this is on default settings if it is taking a loss. Considering that we do not enable stop losses of any kind by default. Now, Cash Collector may have done this and if it did, on the trades that closed at a negative, you should have seen positive trades on that same currency pair. Otherwise, Cash Collector could not have done this. The next thing to check is, does the broker have a policy to close any trades that are a x% negative usually relative to the balance of the account. Did these trades match that percentage? If so it may have been a broker forced close based on the JPN sudden shift when the news went worldly on Toyota's response to the issues with their gas peddles.

One more question, did it margin call your account? Is it still taking positive trades?

All right, I have heard what you guys have asked for. I have listened. Give me a couple of hours to get a demo registration page built and for you guys, JUST YOU GUYS, no one else is to get this information, I will give you a demo account and product to download. But I got some rules.

1. I want a stop on all the pirating of the product from this site. I have seen references to RIO and BIRT, I haven't had the time to track them all down. You guys know who is doing me wrong here. Use a little group encouragement to shut it down.

2. This offer is only for members of I/I, share it with no one.

3. If you find something about the product you don't like, you send a email to techsupp(at)InvestorsHaven.com with a suggestion on how we might consider doing it better.

That is all I ask for. If that is too much, then don't waste my time. Allow me a couple of hours to get the registration page up, that will buy you guys time to get my product issues off this site.

All right, I have heard what you guys have asked for. I have listened. Give me a couple of hours to get a demo registration page built and for you guys, JUST YOU GUYS, no one else is to get this information, I will give you a demo account and product to download. But I got some rules.

1. I want a stop on all the pirating of the product from this site. I have seen references to RIO and BIRT, I haven't had the time to track them all down. You guys know who is doing me wrong here. Use a little group encouragement to shut it down.

3. If you find something about the product you don't like, you send a email to techsupp(at)InvestorsHaven.com with a suggestion on how we might consider doing it better.

That is all I ask for. If that is too much, then don't waste my time. Allow me a couple of hours to get the registration page up, that will buy you guys time to get my product issues off this site.

As far as I am concerned: DEAL..!

Thanks.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Hello folks, Hey there Vlad, I would be interested in seeing more details on your situation. I find it hard to believe that this is on default settings if it is taking a loss. Considering that we do not enable stop losses of any kind by default. Now, Cash Collector may have done this and if it did, on the trades that closed at a negative, you should have seen positive trades on that same currency pair. Otherwise, Cash Collector could not have done this. The next thing to check is, does the broker have a policy to close any trades that are a x% negative usually relative to the balance of the account. Did these trades match that percentage? If so it may have been a broker forced close based on the JPN sudden shift when the news went worldly on Toyota's response to the issues with their gas peddles.

One more question, did it margin call your account? Is it still taking positive trades?

Hello,

Unfortunately I badly speak on English and it is difficult enough to me to understand, and then to answer some questions.

In the message above I have attached the entire account, there you could find details.

Here I will add that set which used.

It will be easier if you put a set which I can use in a demo to trade with the capital 5000 or tell what options it is necessary to change that account crash would not repeat.

http://rapidshare.com/files/345972912/bbw_scalper.set.html

Hello,

Unfortunately I badly speak on English and it is difficult enough to me to understand, and then to answer some questions.

In the message above I have attached the entire account, there you could find details.

Here I will add that set which used.

It will be easier if you put a set which I can use in a demo to trade with the capital 5000 or tell what options it is necessary to change that account crash would not repeat.

http://rapid*share.com/files/345972912/bbw_scalper.set.html

My russian is even worse, so I will try limited english:

Did it close trades negative?

Is there a stop loss set?

Does broker have rule on closing bad trades? Who is broker?

Did it margin call?

Very interesting. See the default values of either the standard or the pro will not trade lot sizes that large. If you are trading 6 pairs as the instructions tell you, it is impossible to have lot sizes that large on my system. Especially if you have standard, because it will only allow you to change the number of pairs you are trading. You would have to have that set to 1 for it to consider trades of this size. Just out of curiosity, where did you get the product? Was it from our site or was it from a hack? If it was from my site, send an email to [email protected], we will be able to verify your registration and with that, we will be able to verify the trades that were placed.

Very interesting. See the default values of either the standard or the pro will not trade lot sizes that large. If you are trading 6 pairs as the instructions tell you, it is impossible to have lot sizes that large on my system. Especially if you have standard, because it will only allow you to change the number of pairs you are trading. You would have to have that set to 1 for it to consider trades of this size. Just out of curiosity, where did you get the product? Was it from our site or was it from a hack? If it was from my site, send an email to [email protected], we will be able to verify your registration and with that, we will be able to verify the trades that were placed.

In summary, After investigating this issue as best I can without confirmation of the users account. Here is what we have determined regarding this issue:

1. We calculate our lot size with the following mathematical formula:

Lot = ((Available Free Margin)/(MaxOrders*NumOfPairs))*Risk)

Break out your calculator, assume Available Free Margin = 3000, according to the set file provided, assume NumOfPairs = 6, assume MaxOrders = 1 (although our default setting is 3). Assume Risk = 30% or .3. The resulting value could not, would not be so large as to take trades of this size. Mathematically impossible.

2. There are 51 automations running in the test lab, of which we Investors Haven could only possibly control about maybe 20 of them. Merlin has a few, Doug has a few, some of our clients are showing theirs, the rest is by those who want to show their results, none of which we have any control over. All of them show effects from the Toyota movement in the market, not a single one of them are margin called.

3. In the past year, no one who has default settings have ever been able to margin call an account.

So this leaves the following possibilities:

1. A hacked product modified to make us look bad.

2. It is a pro package and the values provided to us were not accurate on all 6 currency charts, meaning somewhere a chart or two was set to maybe 1 and 1 for MaxOrders and NumOfPairs

To sort this out, I have asked that techsupport be contacted with the registered email account. No emails have come in. This points to #1 as the issue.

If it is a hacked product then just contact us and we will get you a good account and product.

If it is a pro package, check all the chart to make sure all values match to default settings.

* Should have 6 pairs

* NumOfPairs = 6

* MaxOrders = 3

* Risk 30 to 50 max

Something very odd is going on, I think there may be a real problem here. Please send me your expert log file, journal log file and set file. There have been 5 reported instances of situations similar to yours. Also, I need to know, are you running a Pro package or a Std package? Send to this email: [email protected]

If it is a pro package, check all the chart to make sure all values match to default settings.

* Should have 6 pairs

* NumOfPairs = 6

* MaxOrders = 3

* Risk 30 to 50 max

From Vlad set file, he uses MaxOrders=1 & Risk=30, which should give 0.15 as the base lotsize for GBPUSD, but the EA traded 0.75 lots. Does "EnableAccelerator" have anything to do with boosting this base lotsize by 5 times?

From Vlad set file, he uses MaxOrders=1 & Risk=30, which should give 0.15 as the base lotsize for GBPUSD, but the EA traded 0.75 lots. Does "EnableAccelerator" have anything to do with boosting this base lotsize by 5 times?

No it does not, it simply looks at the previous trade that fired on the bollinger indication and says if that trade is profitable, then open another trade. Then on the next candle, it does the same thing, is the previous trade profitable, then open another trade. The only side effect of Accelerator is that it can exceed MaxOrders. However, it is held at bay by The MarginLevel% limitation. This is one of the keys that prevents margin calls. This is part of the problem. The trade sizes should not be possible at this balance size, and it should never have exceeded the MarginMinLevel which checks the MarginLevel% to make sure it is not below 1000% if it is then it enables StopTakingNewTrades. Again the safety factor.

This is why I am having such a hard time identifying the problem and resolving what has happened. There is no explanation as to why the lot size was this size. I currently have an entry in at MQL about it to see if maybe my USD coding could be effected by Russian transalation of currency. This is the only area of weakness I have found. It would seem that everyone experiencing this issue have a russian location. This is why I am sitll investigating.

If anyone is familiar with how USD code interacts with accounts ran in Russia, please let me know if there is something wrong between the two that may explain this.

Deal. Let's bring it on.

Hello, Larry.

Thank you for your answers.

I used the pro version, and 3 pairs MaxOrdersSize was equal to 50, with calculation error arose from the lot of this may.

Yesterday, I changed this setting, and again put on a demo account with Capital = 3000.

I will keep everyone abreast of developments at the end of the week.

ok. here's the solution.

your EA will not be discussed here again. it is a blacked listed EA on this forum.

anyone wanting to discuss this robot which is still under development and testing please go to this page and register your interest: http://www.investorshaven.com/contact.html

do not use any cracked version of this EA. it has shown in testing to be unreliable and unprofitable running without intervention.

here is a live fxbook report on the EA to review its performance. for more information see above link: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/LEHayes2/bbw-scalper-44-vihih011220101-3100/13276

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician