BBW Scalper

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BBW Scalper

Listen if we got the whole backtesting/development team for this ea here, that why don't you take your time and embed the indicators into the ea, it will speed up backtesting process by 300 - 500%, and will make it easier to optimize this toy, i mean it would save you alot of time on your tests.

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

Suffice to say I'm not very enthusiastic about EAs that fall into the open-and-pray category, maintaining a permanent floating drawdown, marketed by abusing the fact that myfxbook charts the balance instead of the equity.

Actually, birt, I have been suggesting to MyFXBook that they chart both. So your use of the word "abuse" is abusive, as it implies a bad intention :) My prior suggest got them to at least NOTE the Equity, an improvement. They told me they're working on charting Equity but that for some reason it is problematic. Dunno, seems straightforward to me. You might email MyFXBook yourself and add some pressure.

Charting Balance and Equity is critical, imo, to realistically view the value of ANY EA, not just this one.

Nobody loves DD, other than perhaps the brokers.

The MB23 'worse case' account continues to rise and finally the DD decreased by 25%, from a worrisome 40% to 30%. I've been curious when that would happen.

And bear in mind, as I believe I stated before, the Author recommends not trading below 1000% ML and I'm trading down to 500%, using a 70% risk instead of the Author's recommend of 30. So I'm pushing the limits in my testing as those two factors significantly add to the DD.

New 6-pair account is 1% up on the day with a 3-4% DD running 6 pairs which seem to work best on the algorithm. When I get time, I'll also test those pairs with some different internal variables.

So let's keep the thread positive, please...

Best,

Merlin

I contacted them about the equity issue as well, quite a while ago. In the meantime, they made a change that includes the floating in the drawdown, which is almost as good.

I imagine the equity charting is a problem because, when plotting on a daily chart, one has to take an arbitrary quote for the day for each symbol that has at least an open position, making it somewhat unfair, as a different quote might have been better or worse. It would be possible to do it at upload time, but actually it isn't because the user might simply close their terminal for several days, leading to a gap in equity. The only somewhat decent solution I can think of would be to chart it on an hourly basis but it's pretty strange to implement and it would take quite a bit of CPU, which is not a resource they seem to have readily available, seeing that they already started having load problems.

Hi birt,

I am able to download your educated files, but not able to decompress the BBW_Scalper_v4_4_0_Pro.ex4 file. Interestingly, the rest of files are OK.

! C:\Download\b.rar: CRC failed in the encrypted file BBW_Scalper_v4_4_0_Pro.ex4 (wrong password ?)

Can you help verify? Thanks a lot.

Target: 5%

I have a question: If I want to trade 6 currency pairs with this EA, do I have to set a different Magic Number for each pair, or should every chart have the same one?

And maybe someone could upload a manual for that system, that would me much appreaciated :)

Magic Number can be the same for all six pairs, you only need to change it if you have the same pair on multiple charts.

You can find all you need to know at the developers website. For EA installation:

http://www.investorshaven.com/Setup.html

All configurable parameters are defined on these two pages:

http://www.investorshaven.com/Configuration.html

http://www.investorshaven.com/StdVsPro.html

Just read all the docs. Just one question left: should i add an "0" to all the pip values in the settings, for example if I want to set a trailing stop or SL , on a 5-digit broker?

No, the EA handles it.

BTW, here are updates I recently received via e-mail with changes to default settings on website:

Best pairs - AUDCAD, AUDJPY, EURAUD, EURCHF, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY

Risk = 30

MaxOrders = 1

StartTrailingAfterPips = 4

TrailingStopPips = 2

MaxDrawdownInPips = 20

EnableCashCollection = false

CashCollectInPips = 20

The CashCollectInPips setting not important when it is not enabled.

If orders do not close properly with 4/2 TS settings, it's probably your broker restricting how close you can set a stop. Change it to 7/5.

Good luck!

Worked yesterday, but now it wants to have an username and password again... :-/

If it has username & password as parameters, you're not running the correct version. You either overwrote it with the original or you're trying to run it in a different MT4 client.

It doesn't have the username/password parameters in the settings. It shows "Please enter username and password" on the chart instead of "License OK..."

Sometimes after restarting MT4 without having an open BBW Chart, waiting a few seconds and then opening a bbw chart, it says "Lincense OK". But it looks like that needs a bit of luck. Maybe the scalper contacts its dll faster than your process patch can do its work...

THX, that's what I just did :-)

That isn't a lot of space to swing... Wouldn't that stop out most of the trades at "only" 2 pips profit, while maybe other trades go into much larger DDs?

This is what I'm currently running demo with, average win is between 4 - 5 pips. No trades are closing at loss since I'm running with no SL. I will be using discretion to close losers on Friday. My demos have just completed a week so I may close the losers out depending on pip drawdown (probably close anything over 100 pips down). You can see my results here:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/dlewisfl

Test update

Running a new demo with 6 'cherry-picked' pairs.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mbbbwM1/newgo6-44/15802

5 of the 6 have closed nearly 1400 trades in 3 days. Profit is steady, but not overwhelming.

DD has not exceeded 4% at any point, which is encouraging. Margin Level is 1573%. The few losses, averaging 1.18 pips came at the beginning with CashCollection set to 15. Risk at 60 and MinML% set at 500. I haven't decided whether or not to use CashCollection when going live. It may turn out to be a good automated way to 'wipe the slate clean', dismissing lower % trades from time to time.

MaxOrders is 3, and MaxOrderSize is 20, so each 'trade' is auto-split into LotSize/20 due to the Account Balance being a large choice. As MT4 isn't multi-threaded, it processes only 1 order at a time, and a single 'trade' can have up to a full pip difference on entry from the first partial trade to the last. This is not a consideration for smallish accounts.

Regards,

Merlin

Re: Test update

Running a new demo with 6 'cherry-picked' pairs.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mbbbwM1/newgo6-44/15802

what the hell is with such a huge starting balance for the test. it gives me a headache and dilutes any information that could be taken from the test.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I was actually thinking about the same thing and whats with those 1000 pip draw downs, i mean its a scalper for gods sake if I want a 1000 pip draw down on my account i'll sign up with one of the top signal providers on zulu traders and he will scalp my account into a 1000 pip draw down :)

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]