Forex God Father Version 2.0 + Elite Version + Elite Bonus !

alansim

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Forex God Father Version 2.0 + Elite Version + Elite Bonus !

Tks a lot engtraderfx, for your modified version. It would be cool if those who can program did the same with all the EAs, and we (not programers) could backtest them and optimize the paramters, so that we could create super EAs.

Anyway, i'm looking for my first Kudo, so I've been doing a lot of testing on this new version.

As engtraderfx said, the original was optimized for the last years, but until the middle of the decade, it sucks. Overall, engtraderfx's ModA version does about 33% better than the original and is more consistent, although on the last couple years the original is better optimized.

So, what I did was, I backtested on AlpariUK since 2000. Later for optimizing, I used FXOpen, as it has a constant spread and so it doesn't give me slightly different values at different times.

I set constant lotsize to 0.1lots, to have a better idea of what's going on, and for the the drawdown.

Here are the results for both versions at alpariUK:

................¦ Profit ¦ Max DD ¦ Win %¦ Nr Tr. ¦

2000-2002 ¦ -442.30 ¦ 1735.42 ¦ 45.65 ¦ 138 ¦

.....ModA ¦ 1846.17 ¦ 1212.18 ¦ 49.42 ¦ 172 ¦

2003-2005 ¦ 508.57 ¦ 1284.79 ¦ 46.15 ¦ 130 ¦

.....ModA ¦ 3291.12 ¦ 1116.91 ¦ 50.22 ¦ 227 ¦

2006-2007 ¦ 3314.88 ¦ 540.89 ¦ 61.54 ¦ 78 ¦

.....ModA ¦ 1954.66 ¦ 817.84 ¦ 55.77 ¦ 104 ¦

.....2008 ¦ 1689.69 ¦ 528.67 ¦ 61.29 ¦ 31 ¦

.....ModA ¦ 2325.69 ¦ 443.87 ¦ 66.67 ¦ 48 ¦

.....2009 ¦ 2867.86 ¦ 530.83 ¦ 64.29 ¦ 42 ¦

.....ModA ¦ 2024.39 ¦ 575.19 ¦ 54.84 ¦ 62 ¦

Here are the backtests :

http://www.m3diafire.com/?rnd1nhnuwim

If you notice, I used ModA to backtest the original. I tested first that it would give exactly the same results as the original-original, and then just started using ModA to backtest the original version.

I will continue the review on the next post, as this one is getting too big...

...continuing:

Here are the results of both versions, but straight from 2000 to the end of 2009, both backtested on FXOpen:

................¦ Profit ¦ Max DD ¦ Win %¦Nr Tr.¦

2000-2009 ¦ 6393 ¦ 2027 ¦ 50.23 ¦ 432 ¦

.......ModA ¦ 8639 ¦ 1279 ¦ 47.71 ¦ 568 ¦

So, not only does ModA have better profits, but it also has more trades (cool).

One important thing to take from this is about the drawdown. This high drawdowns happened in the early years, but still, that is, a 1279 pip drawdown, or 2027 on the original. Because of that, for safety, if you're using money management, that drawdown would bring the account to 0 if you had a risk of 8% or higher, for those settings (1%MM would be about 12.5% of the account at risk, or 20% at risk if using original version)

So, thanks to engtraderfx, we have now a better version of Forex G0dfather, with around one trade per week, more profit and a better drawdown.

That's all for now, if you guys are happy, feel free to kudo me :">

If not, wait a couple days or less. i've been backtesting and optimizing the parameters in 3 computers and can I promise now that I will post optimized settings even better than engtraderfx (about 50%) \m/

I'm just doing some fine optimizing and they should be ready soon.

New Settings

I got new settings for you guys.

Here's the results of backtest from 2000 to the end of 2009:

................¦ Profit ¦ Max DD ¦ Win %¦Nr Tr.¦

Original ¦ 6393 ¦ 2027 ¦ 50.23 ¦ 432 ¦

ModA ¦ 8639 ¦ 1279 ¦ 47.71 ¦ 568 ¦

ModA Super| 15043 | 1466 | 47.56 | 532 |

As you can see, I maximized the profit with new parameters. I tested a lot of values for all the parameters and this is how i ended.

A little bit more information about it:

The original has parameters widely different from ModA or mine. That's mostly because the original is optimized for 2009 and it gets worse performance in almost all of the other years, comparing with ModA.

So before you guys try this new settings, take in consideration that my settings are optimized to the whole decade, which means that is 2010 is exactly like 2009, the original will perform around 20% better than the new settings, but if the market mimics past conditions, then it should hold alright, while the original will fall.

It's up to you. You might want to try them first on demo.

Here's the graph of the equitity level, with constant lotsize:

The Original:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1223/originalgodfather.gif

ModA with new settings (Super godfather):

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5098/supergodfather.gif

About the drawdown, the new settings still have a high drawdown, not as high as the original, so I recomend you to be carefull and use up to 2% lot size management if you want to risk about 28% over the whole past decade.

Another thing is, there is a slightly smaller win trades percentage, but that is not that bad, considering the max take profit of 516 for a stop loss of 141.

So here is the link for the back test statments:

http://www.m3diafire.com/?owyym3zlgtm

I will send the set files on the next post right away.

Here are the new settings: (set files)

http://www.m3diafire.com/?zhoyqtyw11r

Before you download them, some information:

There are two files:

super_godfatherv2_moda.set

and

super_godfatherv2_original.set

The first one is for engtraderfx modified version. His version is Godfather v2 but he added trailing stop, breakeven stop and another kind of stop that I'm not expert enough to tell what they are.

If you are new like me and don't know what to do with them, just put the EA on the chart like normal, and on the paramter change, just click Load and select this file.

The second file is for you who are using the Original Godfather V2 and NOT engtraderfx ModA version.

Just put them the same way. The backtest results are just slightly worse (maybe 1-2%), as it doesn't have the new parameters that engtraderfx added.

If you try to backtest it, take in attention that I optimized it for FXOpen, which had a constant spread of 3 pips for that pair.

Any questions, buzz in. If you like them, make my Kudo number bigger :)

Godfather v2_ModA: I have been testing GF & modifying with a few extra features.

ModA includes following:

- VROC is now included in code, no separate indicator is needed.

- Breakeven Stop

- Trailing Stop

- "Semi-support/resist stop" (Optional, in testing, seems to help if check long term hi - low breached with a minimum take profit level.

The attached is my ea mod & optimised set file for interest. I have NOT started trading yet so do your own review & testing! Let me know if you find any errors.

http://[email protected]/167546

Hope it helps...Cheers D.

Hi, appreciate your sharing, but this 1 is not working for 2 weeks, please advice.

Hi, appreciate your sharing, but this 1 is not working for 2 weeks, please advice.

I don't know about others, but I set it up (entraderfx's version) this weekend on Fxopen live and I already have a trade floating, unfortunally. It's drawing pretty negative as the USD keeps gaining value against everything today, even though all the news are coming against it. Does anyone know why this is happening? (I'm a newbie)

I don't know why you not getting trades though.

You should only be getting one a week anyway.

I suppose you have it on GBPUSD H1.

Did you have your trading platform on at 18:00GMT 25th January? That's when it opened my trade.

I'm also using slightly different settings anyway.

Just posted to the PM as well...I have had it trade on GoMarkets recently & Alpari for some time.

I found a few minor erorrs in original code but nothing that stopped it working.

Got that loss yesterday too unfortunately but not a problem if the risk is kept low!

I already did some posts above 8-)

Here are the new settings: (set files)

http://www.m3diafire.com/?zhoyqtyw11r

Before you download them, some information:

There are two files:

super_godfatherv2_moda.set

and

super_godfatherv2_original.set

The first one is for engtraderfx modified version. His version is Godfather v2 but he added trailing stop, breakeven stop and another kind of stop that I'm not expert enough to tell what they are.

If you are new like me and don't know what to do with them, just put the EA on the chart like normal, and on the paramter change, just click Load and select this file.

The second file is for you who are using the Original Godfather V2 and NOT engtraderfx ModA version.

Just put them the same way. The backtest results are just slightly worse (maybe 1-2%), as it doesn't have the new parameters that engtraderfx added.

If you try to backtest it, take in attention that I optimized it for FXOpen, which had a constant spread of 3 pips for that pair.

Any questions, buzz in. If you like them, make my Kudo number bigger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guys...It has been 6 months since i share this forex god father...i wonder anyone still using this EA ? :)

I am.

You can watch the forexpeacearmy godfather II demo stats, they are around the same trades as mine.

I'm trading 0.01 lots live at Gomarkets.

It has been a loser for about 2 months with the supersets.

It usually loses about 15$ per trade.

I'm keeping it still because this has happened in the backtests also: up to 8 losses in a row and 150 accumulated drawdawns with same settings.

Don't live it, but ask it here in a month or more, you never know if it will turn back to profitable.

• 2 weeks later...