?ure?a_v.7.0

Re: ?ure?a_v.7.0

It won't work on real account :) untill i figure out how to emulate control points in real time conditions

try having the EA only run on a new bar open.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Tried having ea trade once every timeframe, it won't work because it cannot do so since it places all the orders in the beginning, i'll look more into it its a fun scalper to play around with.

[spoiler:26ukmy10]Never trust, never fear, never beg[/spoiler:26ukmy10]

• 2 months later...

It won't work on real account :) untill i figure out how to emulate control points in real time conditions

Hi,

I just wanted to make this clear since I looked into that a while ago. I was wondering why my EA was making wonderfull results with "Control Points" method and was being crap with "every tick". My conclusion was that I should try to emulate the "Control Point".

But after a few tests I understood my mistake. You cannot reproduce the "Control Points" behavior in real world for a simple reason:

the "control points" method is an interpolation based on the Open High Low Close values. It means it will produce LINEAR intermediary values based on this.

Example, let's say your bar is like this:

|
--|
 |
 |
 |--
 |

then control points will produce the following values (example):

1:Open

2:Open+1

3:High

4:Open+1

5:Open

6:Open-1

x:Low

x+1:Low+1

x+2:Close

The difference is that in real world it is very unlikely that the price is linear. Using the same bar as above, it might go from Open to Low before going to High then Low again then only Close.

I hope my explanations are clear. So the conclusion is: NEVER base your conclusions on the Control Points method.

Bests.