[SHARE] EA_ForexCashDetective by cacus

cacus

I repost it here since this one is an EA, and the "forex cash detective" thread is about an indicator.

I've finished a preliminary concept of the Cash Detective EA.

I mean "preliminary concept" because it's pretty ugly right now (there can be a lot of errors since I re utilized a previous code I had from another EA of mine).

But, it's primary objective is to test the strategy so we can find the better entry and exit setups.

Put it on whatever pair and chart TF you like, i'm starting a test under EURUSD H4 to see how it performs. There's an Addon for the original strategy: TrailingStop, to avoid those times when the price action gets close to the target but don't touch it. I'm using TrailingStop=50 on my test (it's pretty slow to backtest).

Copy dj~.mq4, sj~.mq4 and mj~.mq4 into Indicators folder. (these are modified versions of the originals, these are needed by the EA!).

Copy EA_ForexCashDetective_cacus.mq4 into Experts folder.

Run StrategyTester and start to make suggestions for addons and i'll put my hands on it.

Enjoy.

Link: http://[email protected]/file/131644455/4dc9c298/EA_ForexCashDetective_cacus.html

Re: [sHARE] EA_ForexCashDetective by cacus

robotfx2, this thread is for the EA, not for the indicators, those are already in another thread... thanks anyway.

Ok, revised version, with HsDelay to control the EA to place one order over another...

Link: http://[email protected]/file/131673513/1b738af7/EA_ForexCashDetective_cacus_v01.html

Any suggestion, just let me know.

Nice, it is much better now, i would suggest that after the first target is hit you put the sl on the other trade where the first target was, instead of putting the sl on the entry point, i think it would save some more profit. Nice feature the trailing stop, i should play around with it some more :) Keep up the good work :)

Lord_Sauron, putting the sl of the second trade on the first target is equal to close both trades on first target...

Unless you gave some pipsteps, let's say... if the first target is hit and current price actions is +15 pips above that first target then move the SL of second trade to the first target... But, sincerely, this could help in some cases but in others can make you ear less.

Let's try to keep the strategy the more as it is. Anyway, I'm finishing some interesting addon: DynamicTrailingstop.

It's calculated with ATR and trails depending on the pips values of ATR. Let's see if it helps or not, maybe some pairs do, some others don't.

I'll keep you posted.

ryujin, i'm gonna take a look at the code for 5 digits support. Please be patient.

As for just 1 order placed... Yes, that IS a bug i guess. Please DON'T use this EA Live, it's just a concept yet!.

Here is my backtest for EURUSD 4H on January, the set used is detailed on the .html file.

Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/131716441/fa0aa39e/EURUSD_H4_January.html

ShaKerZ, Yes, it's done with v0.2. The set is detailed in the .html file.

The strategy Forex Cash Detective opens 2 orders to make profit on different targets. But, with my addons like Trailingstop, most of the times target 2 never get hit. If you want to play with the original strategy then you have to set Trailingstop to 0 and DynamicTrailingstop to false.

Any suggestions or ideas to make it better are welcome.

Regards.

mak2009, i really don't know for sure yet. My computer where i was running the test stopped responding both mouse and keyb... So i had to reset.

I'm starting test on daily, it seems more precise both of course less trades.

Test this EA on whatever pair and TF you like, but play with the sets to get the correct one for every TF and pair.

This EA seems to have a lot of potential i guess.

Let's see what we can get.

Thanks everybody and remember that feedback with ideas or bugs is appreciated.

Regards!

Well, here is v0.3, working on 5 digits platforms now (it's supposed to, at least).

I'm running a forward test on multipairs 4H charts.

You can take a look at how it performs here: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/cacus/cacus-fcd-ea-v02/957

Anyone with a good computer could try some optimization for this EA?.

That would be great :)

Regards.

Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/131868619/298b1271/EA_ForexCashDetective_cacus_v03.html

Yes, now I understand why the developer of the indicator didn't program an EA for his strategy...

Seems like this strategy is bad in the long term...

Anyway... Let's use the indicator as a trigger for entries...

I'm thinking about a lot of possibilities:

- Splinting the target on 3 rather than 2. This will ensure a better 1st target hitting and make 2nd target closer to reach than the original 2nd target, and leaving the 3rd target where original 2nd target was to catch some huge movements (Like in EURJPY breakouts).

- Using the reverse entry signal on shorter TF (5M, 15M) to use it as a scalper, i'm gonna add TimeFilter and MaxTrades per session. (just like MegaDroid do: just 1 or 2 trades per session).

Let's see what could be done with this poor strategy...

Any comments?

Regards.

i cant run backtest i get this error heiken 0

That's normal, it's a print line inside one of the indicators.

Please, be patient, if the EA don't trade after 1 month on 4H TF then you have a problem, but since the backtest process is slow you may think it's not working when it indeed is.

If you have a problem, check that you have all the indicators attached on first post.

Regards.