• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Re: FapTurbo v.49

Hey fellas.

Today I set up an account micro-cent FX | Clearing.

Once you have transferred money, it turned out that the state accounts for 1000$ is 100,000 because it is given in cents.

You think that EA will good work??

I've set the Scalpel-UseMM - False and I set the size of the permanent orders for example, 0.1 lots.

It seems to me that this should allow the EA to work well.

Very please with feedback.

I use Version 4s .

Kilu

• 3 weeks later...

Any settings not listed below should be left as the FAP Turbo v49 default value.

EURCHF parameters value

UseScalperStrategy true

Scalper_UseMM true

Scalper_LotRiskReductor 15

Scalper_UseAutoGMTOffset true

Scalper_StartWorkTimeHour 20

Scalper_StartSessionMinute 0

Scalper_EndWorkTimeHour 1

Scalper_EndSessionMinute 0

Scalper_EURCHF_TakeProfit 5

Scalper_EURCHF_StopLoss 45

Scalper_OneTrade 0

Scalper_OneOpenTrade false

Scalper_MaxSpread 3 for commission based broker with 1 pip commission (4 for non commission broker)

Scalper_UseCustomLevels true

Risk Management

The LotRiskReductor value is the primary source for risk control with these settings. This value will control your position size and essentially the risk you are taking per trade.

Low Risk: LotRiskReductor = 15 (about 5% risk per trade)

Medium Risk: LotRiskReductor = 20 (about 7.5% risk per trade)

High Risk: LotRiskReductor = 25 (about 10% risk per trade)

kevinyeck.worldventures.biz

Something interesting going on here...no matter what I set my "Max Spread" to on the scalper, my broker always seems to be at least 0.1 pip HIGHER on the spread, thus its not taking the signal. When i lower the max spread, the brokers spread moves down but still stays 0.1 or more pips higher.

I've been doing this for over 2 hours now and it is consistently moving the spread outside the range.

Eg I set max spread to 4.1. Expert log records that max spread is exceeded to 4.2, it might do this for a minute or so.

I set max spread to 4.5. Expert log records that max spread is exceeded to 4.6.

I think something cunning is going on here, maybe the broker can somehow pick up the spread setting to somehow always stay just outside the range?

PS: I'm not talking about simple changes of the spread, that is also happening. I'm talking about constant "outpipping" of the set max spread value, regardless of if i increase it.

EXPERT GUIDE :usdchf parameters value

UseScalperStrategy true

Scalper_UseMM true

Scalper_LotRiskReductor 10

Scalper_EndWorkTimeHour 1

Scalper_USDCHF_TakeProfit 7

Scalper_USDCHF_StopLoss 57

Scalper_OneTrade 0

Scalper_MaxSpread 3 for commission based broker 1 pip commission (4 non-commission broker)

Risk Management

The LotRiskReductor value is the primary source for risk control with these settings. This value will control your position size and essentially the risk you are taking per trade.

Low Risk: LotRiskReductor = 10 (about 5% risk per trade)

Medium Risk: LotRiskReductor = 15 (about 7.5% risk per trade)

High Risk: LotRiskReductor = 20 (about 10% risk per trade

Fapturdo 49 expert guide:usdcad parameters value

UseScalperStrategy true

Scalper_UseMM true

Scalper_LotRiskReductor 10

Scalper_EndWorkTimeHour 0

Scalper_USDCAD_TakeProfit 7

Scalper_USDCAD_StopLoss 60

Scalper_OneTrade 0

Scalper_MaxSpread 3.5 for commission based broker 1 pip commission (4.5 non-commission broker)

Risk Management

Low Risk: LotRiskReductor = 10 (about 5% risk per trade)

Medium Risk: LotRiskReductor = 15 (about 7.5% risk per trade)

High Risk: LotRiskReductor = 20 (about 10% risk per trade

Re: Fapturbo EA - All Versions

Long Term EURUSD Settings

Although FAP Turbo’s long term strategy is inherently more risky than the scalper strategy, due to the large stop loss required, we believe the following settings should be considered low risk as far as the long term strategy goes.

If you have not already done so please read our Introduction to The Long Term Strategy before proceeding.

The Settings

EURUSD parameters value

Period (chart) 5 MIN

UseScalperStrategy false (turns on Long Term Strategy)

FapTurbo_Lots 0 (turns on Auto Money Management)

FapTurbo_LotsRiskReductor 2

FapTurbo_MaxOrders 2

FapTurbo_TakeProfit 20

FapTurbo_StopLoss 500

FapTurbo_TrailingStop 30

FapTurbo_AlterPositions 1

FapTurbo_TradeNFP 0

Special Notes

5 MIN Time Frame

The FAP Turbo guide indicates the EURUSD was optimized for the 1 MIN time frame and this is their default setting. Our testing has shown the long term strategy with the EURUSD to perform better for us using the 5 MIN time frame. Please do not email asking if this is a typo because it is not. We trade EURUSD on 5 MIN chart.

Non Farm Payroll

We’ve turned off trading on Non Farm Payroll days because this is news driven and does not fit with basic trend following strategy. Although the FAP Turbo product guide recommends against trading this way for some reason they have left it turned on in the defaults. We have it turned off here.

Hedging

Our settings below have hedging turned on. If you are trading with a broker that is an NFA regulated broker then you must turn off hedging as the NFA no longer allows this (very silly).

To turn off hedging simply set FapTurbo_MaxOrders = 1

This will decrease performance but the strategy will still be profitable. If you’re trading with our members custom price feed from GallantFX then you can leave the hedging on because GallantFX is not an NFA broker.

If you are not already aware, you can read more about the NFA no Hedging rule in my previous post on the subject titled FAP Turbo, the NFA and FIFO.

Position Size & LotRiskReductor

Although I have much faith in this strategy I would, as always, recommend not risking more than about 5% on a single trade. With the settings we have below, a LotRiskReductor value of 2 currently equates to just over 5% risk and is about 0.1 lot for a $10,000 account, which is recommended in the FAP Turbo product guide.

In my opinion it’s fine to trade this strategy with accounts smaller than $10,000 (even as small as $1,000), but you will need to be trading with a broker that allows micro lots in order to maintain proper risk management.

For instance, if your account is only $1,000 then you would not want to trade with more than 0.01 lots per trade.

**GallantFX; Although GallantFX does allow micro lot increments, they do currently have a minimum size requirement of one mini lot which is 0.1 lots. Therefore if your account is below $10,000 this strategy is not suitable to trade with GallantFX at this time. There are rumors that this mini lot minimum may be changing soon and I will be sure to keep you posted.

RSS feed

Hi,

Can some share the "FAP Turbo Expert Guide" Settings ?

Thanks.

Here is the FAPTurbo Expert Guide as requested:

http://www.multiupload.com/TWQR3PGTQQ
[url]http://depositfiles.com/en/files/s7i0d7l4l[/url]
[url]http://hotfile.com/dl/25907381/e30d663/settings.zip.html[/url]
[url]http://uploading.com/files/d1917eb8/settings.zip/[/url]
[url]http://www.2shared.com/file/10925968/a011644a/settings.html[/url]

Something interesting going on here...no matter what I set my "Max Spread" to on the scalper, my broker always seems to be at least 0.1 pip HIGHER on the spread, thus its not taking the signal. When i lower the max spread, the brokers spread moves down but still stays 0.1 or more pips higher.

I've been doing this for over 2 hours now and it is consistently moving the spread outside the range.

Eg I set max spread to 4.1. Expert log records that max spread is exceeded to 4.2, it might do this for a minute or so.

I set max spread to 4.5. Expert log records that max spread is exceeded to 4.6.

I think something cunning is going on here, maybe the broker can somehow pick up the spread setting to somehow always stay just outside the range?

PS: I'm not talking about simple changes of the spread, that is also happening. I'm talking about constant "outpipping" of the set max spread value, regardless of if i increase it.

What broker are you using?

I remember I did the same thing about 5 months ago and the spread was always 0.1 pip above what I set my max spread, either i increased it or decreased it. It was really weird at the time.

I'm not sure what my broker was, but I thing it was FXCM or Alpari UK, probably FXCM.

Which broker did you notice that on?