Fapturbo EA - All Versions

odrisb

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fapturbo v48

thanks engtraderfx

i have tweak the barheightmin and trendroc ,but it seems they trade at the same position.when trendroc became smaller it trades less.

That sounds right..

Barheight is just a filter, it doesn't allow a trade if the previoius bar range is too high. It doesn't set the trade price (that would be a new rule).

TrendROC - that is correct, if you make the limit smaller, you are asking the long term trend to be closer to zero which gives less opportunities. Increasing the roc does allow more trades but at some point will start letting in losers.

Chrs, Dave

PS - found the daylight savings code from another post, will look to include soon.

PPS - anyone know the rules for the long term? I would still like to unplug the whole expert.

That sounds right..

Barheight is just a filter, it doesn't allow a trade if the previoius bar range is too high. It doesn't set the trade price (that would be a new rule).

TrendROC - that is correct, if you make the limit smaller, you are asking the long term trend to be closer to zero which gives less opportunities. Increasing the roc does allow more trades but at some point will start letting in losers.

Chrs, Dave

PS - found the daylight savings code from another post, will look to include soon.

PPS - anyone know the rules for the long term? I would still like to unplug the whole expert.

:shand: do u mean settings from original manual or??? -some where i will have what u require if u can give me more details I will look & post =D>

may anyone modified this faptu_v2 unplugged by adding default_barheightmin instead of default_barheighmax in this scalper parameter? [-O< [-O<

i have tweak this EA for GBPUSD. i use broker instaforex. Very Interesting..... \m/ \m/

http://[email protected]/file/137168323/a0670eb5/faptu_v2.html

Hi, Your stated version of Faptu_v2 doesn't work.. it doesn't open any trade at all for any pairs!...

Are you sure the place order function is working?? :huh:

why not u allow any pair set it into true.... if it false, it cant trade other than eurchf, eurgbp, usdcad and gbpchf..

that is correct...set "any pair" to true = run on any pair. If false, only allows original fapturbo pairs.

Also, you can override the fapturbo scalper settings (ie tp, sl etc) by setting "UseDefaultSettings" = True. Set to False to use inbuilt fapturbo settings.

I always leave the original code & options available in case someone wants to use them.

Just flick the switch to go between them.

Hm.....I just realised when setting "UseAnyPair=True" you have to use the default settings (set to true) or it will look for the standard fapturbo pairs. That may be why it hasn't worked for other pairs for some. I'll have to adjust that later to force it to use default settings.

mate you dont need to do that , off course if we set true to use anypair, we have to turn the default true too, to use the default stop-take or the ea would use what settings if it was false? any off course. i think you should make the gmt stuff correction for backtest, that is more important, because the ea without that dont serve for nothing, as it was made for optimizations the crucial factor is missing, i think you would put eight parameters, the ones with the gmt chosen(four) and the other with dates of when we went it to change throw the history(another four) and with the main parameter set to true or false, if we want to use it or not.

thanks for your efforts, you are the man ^:)^

you can try it on GBPUSD with start hour 21 , start minute 00 and end hour 21, end minute 30. Meaning trading time is only 30 minutes.. make sure in correct gmt.. put stoploss 250 pips and take profit 5 pips. i already backtest it using instaforex and the result quite impressing...

:-bd :-bd

are you reading what you wrote?

250pip stop loss for a 5pip gain?

and if this is only for back testing why bother?

do you plan to run like that on a real money account?

if not why would u back test like that?

wouldn't it make more sense to back test for the last 6 months using settings you plan to use when you trade with real money?

anybody trading 5/250 has bad money management, if you hit stop loss that is a total of 50 winning trades in a row to get back to break even, and if you take another loss during those 50 required trades then your already at 100 trade loss, for what a 10pip gain?

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

syk1kz, i agree completely lol.

It may look good in the backtests, but you WIL hit stoploss eventually and it WILL hurt. Alot. It's a silly idea to run your ratio so off. I've found it good to go with TP almost same as SL, just give SL a little more room then TP, double if only going for 10 pips or 20 or so.

Anyways, it's been a long time since I've used FAPt.

I might give it another slash while I'm here and inspired.