Megadroid Pro (links first post)

Re: Megadroid Pro

Rio,

Can we make something like this... come out with a standard way that everyone can follow to test and optimize for a new pair.

And then you don't have to test all the pairs, there are so many people here, we all can help test it, this will definitely speed up the process of finding the ideal settings for other pairs.

And although the SL is not real, I have had MegaDroid hitting SL that was 90 pips. (Scalp 10 pips but hit a 90 pips stoploss X-( )

This is why I'm so concerned and wanted to know what's the S1 and S2 entry and exit strategy, in case things go wrong, eg. like what unikin mentioned, closed the trade for a 5 pips lost is much better than risking and hoping it closed at break even or 1 pip profit.

here you go.

http://[email protected]/file/123558383/be5cfa74/MDProForFineTuning.html

;))

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff! :-bd Actually I went and modified bbr0.7 myself to include a custom logic on top of the default ones in there, as well as a function to enable you to use different logics than the default for the supported pairs. I was not aware of all the variables for the logics however, so I will fix these and upload the result (if it's not too big)

The only other way to avoid the case of missing take profit, flying the other way, only to close in a loss or not much profit would be a BreakEven function, which I don't know how to code. Even still, there's no telling how that would mess with the overall profitability of the system.... :-?

Thanks mike,

For your first question...this has been done before (somewhere in the other thread) and GMT+1 still performed better. On this pair I compromise and I trade half risk on GMT+1 and half on GMT+2. This means that for any trades that overlap on the hour inbetween (which doesn't always happen anyway) I'm trading with the risk I'm comfortable with. When Alpari UK goes back to GMT+1 I will just trade this window. I will trade EURUSD at twice the risk of the other pairs simply because the spread is better.

For USDJPY I don't feel comfortable using logic 4 as the difference is too big so I use MD Multi from the other thread.

I will now move on to other pairs and will repost when I finish.

Fact is though, Alpari's new spreads will kill most pairs.

hi, forexample, I remember you mentioned that you use FXDD data for your backtesting. You imported FXDD data into Alpari UK MT4. Should you use FXDD's GMT offset instead of Alpari UK's GMT offset? FXDD's broker time is one hour ahead of Alpari's.

I did this wrong before, and now I am just using FXDD data, and FXDD MT4 for backtesting.

Another finding regarding your test report: MD Multi should work exactly the same as MD pro on EURUSD. Why your backtesting result of these two EA are different?

hi, forexample, I remember you mentioned that you use FXDD data for your backtesting. You imported FXDD data into Alpari UK MT4. Should you use FXDD's GMT offset instead of Alpari UK's GMT offset? FXDD's broker time is one hour ahead of Alpari's.

I did this wrong before, and now I am just using FXDD data, and FXDD MT4 for backtesting.

Another finding regarding your test report: MD Multi should work exactly the same as MD pro on EURUSD. Why your backtesting result of these two EA are different?

Hi mike,

No I use Alpari Uk data. As to why they're different, I don't know. They are tested with the same spreads.

Recently though, with the varying spreads at Alpari, its hard to make reliable backtests as spread is so dependent. I am starting to look for different brokers to run Droid on and keep Alpari for Robominer and another hedger I use. Even if spreads are variable, the lower the better.

Here is the best settings of my backtests :

version bbr_v07.mq4

I use MIG (gmt+2) ,recovery=true, agressive=true; risk 0.05%

RiskSharingEnabled=1; OverrideTradeTimes=1

M15 from 01/01/2007 to 09/07/2009

UsdJpy

Logic = 2 ; hours S1=20-21, S2=20-22

Payoff 530 %; Profit factor 2.27 ; Max DD 17%; Profit trades 90%

UsdChf

Logic = 4 ; hours S1=21-23 , S2=21-23

Payoff 465 %; Profit factor 2.01 ; Max DD 22%; Profit trades 93.6%

AusUsd is a big looser, even with hours like 05 to 07 (early European morning)

now I am backtesting EurJpy and UsdCad

Results soon

Here is the best settings of my backtests :

version bbr_v07.mq4

M15 from 01/01/2007 to 09/07/2009

UsdJpy

Payoff 530 %; Profit factor 2.27 ; Max DD 17%; Profit trades 90%

UsdChf

Logic = 4 ; hours S1=21-23 , S2=21-23

Payoff 465 %; Profit factor 2.01 ; Max DD 22%; Profit trades 93.6%

AusUsd is a big looser, even with hours like 05 to 07 (early European morning)

now I am backtesting EurJpy and UsdCad

Results soon

Hello JUINERTY2,

Thanks for the good setup. I tested it and confirm it is really showing wonderful results. Do you have the best setting for the other 3 standard pairs, ie, EURUSD, EURCHF and EURGBP?

Regards,

Collin

Here's my own custom-modded MegadroidPro XE (Xtra Education!) which I thought I would share.

Unfortunately it was too big to attach onto the forum directly.

Based off the good work of Don and bbrain. Many kudos to both of you.

Thanks to Xpertadvisor for the hints on the logic settings.

This is really just bbr_07 with the following added:

* I changing the Version string, and the default reference numbers

(To differentiate XE's trades against default Megadroid users who don't change their reference numbers!)

* Includes the new CUSTOM logic and settings, as well as a feature to override the default logic used on supported pairs.

This is in case you want to do something like run the EURCHF logic on EURUSD (which is actually very profitable).

By default it is off and set to false, and supported pairs will lock to their matching logic unless you set this to true.

More info in the README

hxxp://[email protected]/file/123945762/e8197ea6/Megadroid_Pro_XE.html

Password is the name of this forum, in lower-case, without the .com

Don't forget the hyphen!

Firstly a big thank you to Juinerty2, Rio, Don and others for there work in optimizing this EA ^:)^

I have pulled al the other EA's so I can run several instances of mdpro with different settings.

My question is this: With bbr_07 can I run for example eurusd and eurjpy both on logic 1 in the same mt4 window or do I have to set up a separate metatrader to avoid conflicts. Currently I am using Don's ee2 and megadroid 1,2,3 etc in the same instance of metatrader.

Thanks for the help guys. Incidentally I am using fxdd, which I believe is gmt +3, as usual I will post all results as the week progresses so we can compare, settings and brokers.

Lets make this EA rock :-bd

regards

N

I'm thinking... let's say if we figure out a new logic for the unsupported pair (eg: GBPUSD) that is more profitable than using 1 of the 4 default logics... do you think we will see the real MDPro (when it is officially launched) now says it will trade 5 pairs, and not just 4 pairs? =))

And another question... supposed this is for the MDPro team, since the default logics work very well for other pairs like GBPUSD/USDCAD/etc..., why don't they just officially let MDP run on these pairs? Maybe MDPro "Evolution" is coming in 2010? >:) (and you will have a chance to buy MDPro "Evo" at $599, and get free FapT "Pro" worth $699)

friday i asked at Megadroid team the same question of you when the MD Pro will be sell ? Megadroid team reply me

"Thank you for your email.

I believe that you received the Megadroid Pro email in error - we has a server malfunction for a few days recently and people who purchased Megadroid also received an email regarding Megadroid Pro. At this point in time, Megadroid Pro is not officially available - we did release a small number of copies as a bonus for people who purchased FAP Turbo Evolution from us but as FAP Turbo Evolution is no longer available, that is not an option for you. We are planning an official release of Megadroid Pro in the autumn - the anticipated price is $699 but we shall be offering an upgrade price for existing Megadroid owners"

Hahaha, Megadroid pro is not yet available for sale and we already improved it very much!!! that said, we do some of the work of the developers, maybe they will "pump" a version such bbr_v07 or so...

Here is the best settings USDCAD :

version bbr_v07.mq4

M15 from 01/01/2007 to 09/08/2009

UsdCad

Logic = 2 ; hours S1=20-22 , S2=21-23

Payoff 369 %; Profit factor 1.64; Max DD 11%; Profit trades 83.6%

So with a max DD only 11% we can increase the risk to 0.1 %

GbpUSd

The results are not so good, DD is often around 40-50%. So must divide the risk by 2 (risk=0.02)

I continue to use Megadroid normal (MD_1.11.a that I modified) with

EurUsd, GbpUsd, UsdChf, EurGbp, EurChf, GbpChf, EurCad.

In the same account I also run :

- Enterra on EurGbp, EurChf , M15

- Dragonpips on EurUsd, GbpUsd, UsdChf, UsdCad, M15

- PoisonRobot on EurUSd , M5

- GomegaGbpJpy211

and some others eas

This produce +30% in the demo account in 20days

Hahaha, Megadroid pro is not yet available for sale and we already improved it very much!!! that said, we do some of the work of the developers, maybe they will "pump" a version such bbr_v07 or so...

Here is the best settings USDCAD :

version bbr_v07.mq4

UsdCad

Payoff 369 %; Profit factor 1.64; Max DD 11%; Profit trades 83.6%

So with a max DD only 11% we can increase the risk to 0.1 %

GbpUSd

The results are not so good, DD is often around 40-50%. So must divide the risk by 2 (risk=0.02)

I continue to use Megadroid normal (MD_1.11.a that I modified) with

EurUsd, GbpUsd, UsdChf, EurGbp, EurChf, GbpChf, EurCad.

In the same account I also run :

- Enterra on EurGbp, EurChf , M15

- Dragonpips on EurUsd, GbpUsd, UsdChf, UsdCad, M15

- PoisonRobot on EurUSd , M5

- GomegaGbpJpy211

and some others eas

This produce +30% in the demo account in 20days

Hi, JUINERTY2,

Thank you so much for your great post!!! I have a question regarding your backtesting result. How did you get the following start and ending time? They are not default settings for Logic 2. Did you optimized the hours?

UsdJpy

UsdCad

Thanks so much.

Mike

Great work guys.

I also think that if we want to see this bot run well we need to work equally as hard on finding a broker that doesn't spike spreads over the scalping hours. I am working now with spread tracker and developing a spreadsheet so I can record live spreads at different brokers over the times droid trades. Will test Alpari UK (my current broker) after they move to floating spreads and tadawulfx, and am interested to hear of any brokers that manage to keep spreads even if floating mostly below 3 especially for the supported pairs.

A great EA is no good on brokers with spreads that jump the times it is supposed to trade and no matter of backtesting can prepare for that.

A great EA is no good on brokers with spreads that jump the times it is supposed to trade and no matter of backtesting can prepare for that.

Yes, you're absolutely right about that... especially when sometimes there is only a pip difference between Megadroid closing at break-even and taking a heavy loss.

Anyway -- time to get optimizing Megadroid on unsupported pairs. I would recommend turning aggressive off first and optimizing the S1, and then when that has been sufficiently optimized, turning aggressive mode back on and optimizing the S2. Time to generate some set files. I want to get started optimizing the AUDUSD because that shows promise with fairly low spreads, except that most of the current logics fit with it rather awkwardly.

Some really great versions out now...just a couple of suggestions for improvement based on my own version & testing, I found that

A. reducing the system 2 risk sizing to 50 % of S1 improves the Profit Factor tremendously. You still get additional trades but often the S2 stoplosses are what is hurting the total return

B. Reducing the recovery rate from 2 to say 1.25 to 1.5 also can improve the Profit Factor if you find you are getting multiple losses in a row. Better to not double up but increase recovery at a slower pace. My goal is always better Profit/Lot ratio not just total profit. (You can find the recover rate in the Money Management function.)

For my own version I allow adjustment of:

1. Separate Risk sizing for Sys2 (I use 50% less than S1 risk), eg if S1_Risk = 0.1, S2_Risk = 0.05;

2. Recovery Ratio - I use 1.25 to 1.5 instead of 2

Lastly has anyone realized / tried the trailing stop feature. A few backtests show promise. I modified the Stop loss to be a bit better as it currently uses the same Min Profit for trail value. I adjusted to allow variation of both the MinTP (eg 5) & the trailing value (25) which seem to be useful to restrict the losses when it seems to poke into profit slightly then just die away. Seems to work ok on EURUSD (only one I tested so far).

Anyway, just a few idea..all the best in trading....

Great work guys.

I also think that if we want to see this bot run well we need to work equally as hard on finding a broker that doesn't spike spreads over the scalping hours. I am working now with spread tracker and developing a spreadsheet so I can record live spreads at different brokers over the times droid trades. Will test Alpari UK (my current broker) after they move to floating spreads and tadawulfx, and am interested to hear of any brokers that manage to keep spreads even if floating mostly below 3 especially for the supported pairs.

try jadefx, jadeinvestments.com

looks really promising

Concerning the AudUsd, I didn't find any good settings. I think because during asian times , Aud is a traded pair. I tried to set hours from 05 to 07 gmt, but it's not better.

>> Mike 99. Yes I optimised the StartHours and EndHours for S1 and S2 (from 20 to 23 step1) and logic (from 1 to 4) for each tested pair. Others parameters default. I don't think we can can find good results for Aud, but if you find sometink interesting....

Concerning the brokers, I started yesterday a demo account with NorthMarket, I will compare with my another demo account with MIG (same EAs, same settings)

Others Backtests :

GbpUsd

Logic = 4 ; hours S1=21-23, S2=21-22

Payoff 203 %; Profit factor 1.59; Max DD 31%; Profit trades 92%

The DD is important, but occurs during the financial crisis (september to december 2008). For 2009 backtesting is very much better

EurGbp

Logic = 4 ; hours S1=20-22, S2=21-22

Payoff 699%; Profit factor 4.62; Max DD 6.6%; Profit trades 93%