Go Markets

Studded

Re: Go Markets

Hi dfun20,

If you are in Australia, GoMarkets is great. This is off their site today:

"Go Markets are pleased to have been voted an AFR Smart Investor recommended Forex provider for 2008/2009. We are also happy to announce increased liquidity leading to improved spreads and more accurate price movements. Trade with no dealing desk and 100% Straight Through Processing and spreads regularly from as low as 0.5 pips. "

I am not sure about gaining interest on money in the account- don't believe so but could be wrong :huh:

I'm based in Australia and I find Go Markets really good.

I've also been running MD on my live account, have experienced re quotes a few times, but nothing too bad.

So far, I withdrew my capital which arrived in a day, their liquidity is also improving, hopefully there won't be re quotes in the future (or too many anyway) [-O<

I don't think they offer interest for the funds though.

fallingsaints: Haven't you found the off-session time spreads to be a little high? I had MD barely taking a trade every now and then because of the high spread.

Yeah, my MD only trades once or twice a week, I run it on vps. But I'm not too worried since I manual trade as well. I'm just going to observe and see how things will go, I'm not too keen on changing to brokers based outside Australia though.

I downloaded 2 demo gomarkets mt4 platform in 2 different pc.

I noticed that the first one seems to have fixed spreads (besides very low like eurusd 0.5 usdjpy 0.5 eurgbp 2 eurchf 2..).

Instead the other one has true variable spread.. and this at the same time.. :-?

anybody noticed the same thing or knows why? Who is live with them what spread has?

• 2 weeks later...

How is deposit and withdrawal from go markets? Is it fast? What is the best way wih less transfer fee if you live outside australia?

However, I've withdrew once from go markets, I scanned and emailed the form to them and I received my funds the very next day (aus bank account).

About deposit, you'll have to contact them regarding their bank account details for USD base accounts. For AUD dollar accounts, they accept credit card deposit (plus 2.7% handling fee) via paypal and their bank account details is on the website.

So if you're planning to open a USD account with them, your only deposit method would be bank transfer.

So has Megadroid been successful for you?

How often does it trade on Gomarkets..any losses?

I would say MD has been pretty good for me so far. Of course there are losses, about 3 or 4 I think. But so far, I've been making about 5-10% a month from it. I risk only 4-5% of my account size each time.

The number of times it trades per month varies for me. However, it trades at least once a week and at most 4 times a week. I think so far it averages about 2-3 times a week.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have Go Markets live account and must say that my experience so far has been good too. I trade MD and FAP Turbo and they both trade well on it in comparison with other brokers’ account i.e. more trades on Go Markets accounts then on other accounts. Withdrawing money to Australian account takes only one day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Just an FYI that GO Markets is no longer opening corporate/partnership accounts for U.S. citizens. They will honor existing accounts, but no new ones. They have not changed the verbiage on their website yet, but have made this move in response to recently enacted anti-money laundering legislation here in the States.

• 1 month later...

Ask Go Markets about this, I think you'll find that their servers are actually located in Auckland.The company that hosts their servers also offers VPS from memory, but sorry I can't remember their name.

In my opinion, this is a very honest reliable broker, you'd be hard pressed to find better. Perhaps not the best for scalping, but it is incredibly hard to make money scalping anyway.

• 1 year later...