STEROID- Expert Advisor

Re: STEROID- Expert Advisor

Hi,

the GMT reading is incorrect?? I am using fxpro and the GMT should be +3.

But the EA display shows GMT+0?

I have done a backtest for this EA using fxpro data and it was good. But when I do the backtest again, the results are different,

Can someone fixed a GMT user input inside instead of using the excel file?

rgds

For changing GMT go to its settings (click F7 in Metatrader) and set Use Auto Time Settings to "false" and set your GMT zone accordingly. Try to play with it until success.

As I said, its results are spread dependant. When you push "Start" button in Metatrader Tester it automatically uses current spread value (can check it in symbol properties in tester).

Thus everytime you getting different results. Sometimes you even get nothing because current spread is more than allowed in EA setting "Max spread value". It needs low spread with its Takeprofit 3 pips, good luck with it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Can someone fix the comments to English?

And other thing I observe, the GMT reading is incorrect?? I am using fxpro and the GMT should be +3.

But the EA display shows GMT+0?

I have done a backtest for this EA using fxpro data and it was good. But when I do the backtest again, the results are different,

Can someone fixed a GMT user input inside instead of using the excel file?

rgds

Hi,

For english language, enter "eng" to the language field.

extern string Language = "eng";

I tested it on TadAWoolf on EURGBP. The spread is 3,but it is a looser during this summer on 6. The rest is even worse.

When i was vining what I meant is that even Fap performs better, Stomper, Intellectual etc. all are better for much less code.

But if you like it guys, it is up to you...

Yes, is's definetely not Holy Grail. But have some work done so we even can use some of its features for our other indis modernization. This is good.

As for EA itself, currently I'm monitoring its performance and what I'm particularly against is how it tries to smooth balance curve, when it enters a market, with predefines stoploss inside (I believe something close to 40 pips or so), then it doesn't tolerate the drawdown, so when price moved against our trade and started to continue back, somewhere on half way to our enter price it closes the position with loss, considering it's better small loss then bigger drawdown and BE or win thereafter.

And in majority of cases price reaches our targeted profit of 3 pips thereafter, while we already have our position closed by EA with loss.

So I consider this against my trading logic and would like to change it in EA behaviour. If there are any kind coding guru who is interested in improving this EA performance, can you please make EA mod with the following:

"Under no circumstances close the trade in loss unless our stoploss (external or internal) is hit".

Btw, 3 pips spread is not cool. I was taking about 2-2.2 points spread. This is what required to win on EURGBP currently. Only ECN brokers and some STP with low institutional spread can give you such trade conditions.

So I consider this against my trading logic and would like to change it in EA behaviour. If there are any coding guru who is kind enough and interested in improving this EA performance, can you please make this EA mod with the following:

"Under no circumstances close the trade in loss unless our stoploss (external or internal) is hit".

This is EA ver. 3052 for modernization.

http://www.4shared.com/file/130106290/716050ee/stomper3052.html

"I believe something close to 40 pips or so" On EURCHF s.l = 120 pips ;) Sure, present experts logic work fine. What reason to make that kind of improvement ? On back-forward tests EA show nice profit, and DD not increase 20% level (mean last 8 month with 27% trading size).

p.s. Starting, check your mail, I send pm.

"I believe something close to 40 pips or so" On EURCHF s.l = 120 pips ;) Sure, present experts logic work fine. What reason to make that kind of improvement ? On back-forward tests EA show nice profit, and DD not increase 20% level (mean last 8 month with 27% trading size).

p.s. Starting, check your mail, I send pm.

I prefer to discuss things where their discussion was started. PMed you.

Forward test performance showing its losing money even with low spread. Statement analysis

and charts suggests it kills trades until they got filled with profit. I don't agree with EA doing that, simply because statistically price breaks the channel extremely rarely on more than 120 pips. So I agree to have 120 SL hit when vast majority of the trades will be closed with 3-4 pips profit.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have good results in live with EURCHF.

It's interesting because this EA doesn't trade only by night.

The problem is that the EA set some GlobalVariables in relation with account max equity, and that it change it's behavior if a Drawdown occurs. My problem is that this Drawdown can come from another Ea that run on the same account. I think it's possible to avoid this with the parameter "BalanceControlMode" but without manual it's not easy to understand. I will try to investigate the code, if someone already understood this piece of code or BalanceControlMode options please share.

I also have good results in live with EURCHF.

It's interesting because this EA doesn't trade only by night.

The problem is that the EA set some GlobalVariables in relation with account max equity, and that it change it's behavior if a Drawdown occurs. My problem is that this Drawdown can come from another Ea that run on the same account. I think it's possible to avoid this with the parameter "BalanceControlMode" but without manual it's not easy to understand. I will try to investigate the code, if someone already understood this piece of code or BalanceControlMode options please share.

Here is its manual in Russian. Could be workable for you with Google Translator.

http://www.4shared.com/file/132838796/89277a32/readme_v3052_rus.html

Indeed if you use other EAs on same account you better disable these options, which manipulate its lotsize after "drawdown" or "losses".

I don't know how to disable that function, BalanceControlMode must be set between 1 to 5.

Mate,

If you set UseBalanceControl to "false", it will trade without considering drawdowns made by it or other EAs working on account. It's all in manual to ver 3052, take your time to read it carefully.

I'd like to test this EA. could you please tell me where to put Dey file and CSV files?

Copy files into the folders as described below:

euronis_vXXXX.ex4 into “…\MetaTrader\experts\”;

gmtstdXX.csv ? ?????_vXX??.key into “…\MetaTrader\experts\files\” and “…\MetaTrader\tester\files\”;

eurgbp.set and eurchf.set into “…\MetaTrader\experts\presets\” ?

“…\MetaTrader\tester\”.

Key file is an authentiication file, EA will not work without it.

[Copy files into the folders as described below:

euronis_vXXXX.ex4 into “…\MetaTrader\experts\”;

gmtstdXX.csv ? ?????_vXX??.key into “…\MetaTrader\experts\files\” and “…\MetaTrader\tester\files\”;

eurgbp.set and eurchf.set into “…\MetaTrader\experts\presets\” ?

“…\MetaTrader\tester\”.

Key file is an authentiication file, EA will not work without it.

Thank you very much for the info! What timeframe and set file do you recommend for EURCHF, please?