ISEA (Investiva Super Expert Advisor)

Re: [Req] ISEA (Investiva Super Expert Advisor)

disbelij, not trying to be critical, but it's not just you who have invest time/effort to learn the trade and make things better. if you wish to share then please share. no need to say how much you have done to achieve it. have you seen anyone in this forum say something like yours before sharing their own codes?

anyway, thanks for your contribution. just tone down a bit, ok?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

twiknight,

sorry if i have offended you. I just tell the truth. It did take me a long time, does work, and is useful, and wouldn't mess up the EA. The user actually could know exactly how much of the account is being risked.

btw sorry about earlier.

Don

rollover,

Like I have said multiple times, I am only using the IS 5-digit corrected cleaned. I only change the input TradeVolume to 40.

I have not changed code because someone thought it wouldn't be a good idea (and plus I would rather change FREELY AVAILABLE code - Grail_2 - and not COMMERCIAL code - ISEA). Why? Because I'm not just thinking of here and now, I'm thinking of down the road a bit. Wouldn't you rather not have someone come back and say "You stole my code!"? I tested the code, but to actually make money, I'd rather use the free version and start from there.

Just my 2 cents.

Don

hi disbellj,

mind if you can shed some light on using agressor iape or isea with 4 or 5digits for the collectivefx, im getting weird results sometimes closing at 8 pips loss and sometimes profit at 5 pips and how do u set the lots too? i put 10 value for the isea but it uses 0.1 or 0.3 lots..lol i think i messed up this demo already :shock:

hmm.. i think i didnt write clearer sorry for the misunderstanding.. :twisted:

what i meant was that from the stats of isea

http://isea.mt4live.com/

we can clearly see that the t/p is set at 5 pips but each time without fail it closed at 2 pips profit and end with S/L of 29pips

but from the demo account i set up, it goes haywire and all over the shop, sometimes it close at 5 pips sometime it closes at 0loss/profits.. sometimes 8 (see the stats here http://bensontest.mt4stats.com/ )so i was wondering if its either

1. i downloaded a modified version

2. i set up wrongly somewhere(im new to metatrader nt really sure if i set up correctly)

3. it only works perfectly on sigmaforex

and on other forum i found someone with these stats EXACTLY with the same trading pattern of the one with isea

http://fpfpro.mt4stats.com/

but he claimed it was not isea and want to sell it at $500 a piece..

anyone here managed to have isea working as it suppose to(compared to the stats) in sigma or other broker?

i downloaded the collective demo... however there is no eurchf pair on there, how do you get it to be there?

Right-click in the Market Watch window on the left that has the currency pairs and the quotes, and select Show All.

Don

i have setup another acct to monitor using the same file, but for sigma forex..

bensontest2.mt4stats.com - sigma forex

bensontest.mt4stats.com - collective fx (screwed up earlier as i was swtiching between iape n isea but now took isea 5 digits from now)

i must say it definitely have difference and is quite obvious.. maybe is the spread that is affecting? im not too sure.. will continue to monitor the 2

I wrote this on http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3015&p=22100#p22100 in reply to "JADEFX demo account is GREAT !! http://jade4x.mt4stats.com/" that was posted by machsus:

Did a little comparison of your results and mine.

machsus' Jade4x MT4 stats:

Gained the 1st day: 1552.70 (15%)

Conditions: Trading 3 pairs. Risking approx. 1.45%? TradeVolume 5?

First Number of Lots: 0.5

Number of trades in the first day: 197

Number of losing trades: 10

Won 94.9% of trades

disbellj's CollectiveFX MT4 stats:

Gained the 1st day: 2524.65 (25%)

Conditions: Trading 1 pair. Risking approx. 11.6%? TradeVolume 40.

First Number of Lots: 4 (risking 8x as much it looks like, but not really)

Number of trades in the first day: 31

Number of losing trades: 2

Won 93.5% of trades

I gained more, but machsus was averaging his risk by dividing his risk between multiple pairs. The way I look at it, I risked 8x as much if looking at lots alone, but I can only be trading one pair simultaneously since the EA is only on one chart. He can have 3 trades going risking total 4.35% o his account. If you wanted the best results, you could trade multiple pairs and increase risk per trade (or total trades on). If I was trading 10 pairs, I would change my TradeVolume from 40 to 4, risk approx. 1% (a little more I think) per trade.

So both trading more pairs, and trading higher risk since it's a good strategy, should help unless the more trades end up costing us more. He made more than 6 times the amount of trades because he was trading more pairs, but risked less overall. We both had the same winning percentage of trades basically. He risked less, so lower drawdown, but also lower gains.

If the cost is higher because of the amount of trades, I would rather stick to one pair. nevertheless, it will be interesting watching these statements progress. just some things to ponder. what do you think?

http://disbellj.mt4stats.com/

compared to:

http://jade4x.mt4stats.com/

also please remember that since mine is running on a laptop, it may have different results because I put it to sleep during travel from work and back, about an hour a day total.

Don

disbellj... thanks for your analysis..

so.. as I understand here.. collectivefx and jadefx both are competitive..

My demo jadefx demo is not looking good.. I am using ISEA_cleaned 4-digit version.. MA period=3, 4, 5 and 16.. as suggested by progressapama..

somehow it closed a few profit trades and loss a big trade.. end up negative.. I will try to post today trades. Yesterday trades was horrible as I was testing different setting and versions..

disbellj and Machsus

The settings u change in demo is only tradevolume? not MA period?

p/s: Currently the market really slow.. less volatility.. yesterday market on EB and ECHF was crazy.. ISEA open buy limit and sell limit immediately right after each trade closed..

thnks for the comparision disbellj

ok now i realize what went wrong in collectivefx, it actually took 0.2pips profits and stop loss at 29 pips.. no wonder the profit is so small yet loss is so high..

but i used the 5digits isea for eur/gbp .. weird.. i wonder where went wrong? i dled the cleaned version but it cant run and said it cant find the "cleanedversion".ex4

hmm anyone know what should i do?

ok now i realize what went wrong in collectivefx, it actually took 0.2pips profits and stop loss at 29 pips.. no wonder the profit is so small yet loss is so high..

but i used the 5digits isea for eur/gbp .. weird.. i wonder where went wrong? i dled the cleaned version but it cant run and said it cant find the "cleanedversion".ex4

You checked the trades and they were only taking 0.2 pips profit?

Don

You checked the trades and they were only taking 0.2 pips profit?

Don

yeap the files i used in the ones i downloaded did have a bug in the 5digits files and closed at 0.2 pips, but its fixed now thanks to a helpful guy. =D

but the performance can be improved i guess as i realize isea took much damage when there is a outbreak in 1 direction.. if it burst in uptrend, it tends to open "Sell" trades and theres where huge damage take place.. i wonder if can add additional code to it that determine such a outbreak happen, trade shall cease or stop for 10-15mins maybe it would reduce the damage.. but it does still recover some when there is high up and down movement

rollover,

yes, you get whats happening. just as you said, it opens a sell in a small movement up, and if it comes back down, the ranging continues, and the profiting continues. However, if the small breakout turns into a small trend, if it goes against us 29 pips, we lose bigtime. We can visually tell the trend is happening long before the stop loss is hit. needs a smaller stop loss and/or a good way to filter out trends (so we may lose when going into a trend, but it won't be approx. 29 pips ABOVE THE RANGE that price just broke out of). I've thought of times, like opening of Forex sessions, where price does tend to trend more, we could stay out of the market. Then get back in (like after 3pm Eastern) when the market is pretty ranging until at least beginning of Asian session at 7-8PM Eastern I think. There are multiples ways we can try to handle it, but which is best?

Don

yes, i think staying out of trading sessions that have higher possiblity of outbreak is a good way without messing with the the code first. maybe we can try monitoring the frequency of the damage which session take place the most, and avoid them and if we can identify the "Safest" session to play with, for those with big appetite maybe can try upping their lot lol, therefore minimizing the possibility of damage while optimize the returns.

lol sounds good in theory but not sure if it works in reality haha :mrgreen:

It's all theory at this point, especially since all tests have been done on demo.

I can say without a doubt that from my testing this morning, that ISEA and Graal_2 from http://articles.mql4.com/163/page2 are the same (and note the problems with the EA as noted by the author on the page where Graal_2 is found). Only the names of the variables have been changed to protect the guilty LOL:

replace g_minlot_220 with Lot

replace l_minlot_0 with Min_Lot

replace TradeVolume with Prots

replace gi_136 with s

replace gi_128 with sl

replace g_price_140 with OP

replace g_ima_204 with MA

replace gd_212 with spred

replace gd_164 with dist

replace gd_172 with Level

replace gd_148 with SL

replace gd_156 with TP

replace gi_132 with b

replace gi_124 with bl

replace gd_180 with OP_bl

replace g_ticket_112 with Nom_bl

replace gd_188 with OP_sl

replace g_ticket_116 with Nom_sl

replace a_ticket_0 with Nomber

replace a_lots_4 with lots

replace gd_196 with cls

replace g_period_88 with period_MA

replace l_ord_total_12 with i

replace g_ord_total_120 with total

replace gi_92 with Cls

replace gi_84 with Distan

replace gi_76 with TakeProfit

replace gi_80 with StopLoss

time is added to ISEA, but not used in code because it is commented out

the difference I see is in modifying orders.

Graal_2 shows:

if (MathAbs(OP_bl-OP)>0.5*Point)

ISEA shows:

if (MathAbs(OP_bl - OP) > Point / 2.0)

The results should be the same, since 0.5 x Point (1 pip) equals a half a pip, and Point (1 pip) divided by 2 also equals a half a pip.

Now that we know the code is the same, you don't have to change the variables to get the same results.

other than the above, Graal_2 has Prots set to 0, where ISEA has TradeVolume set to 1

Most likely number of lots were different in my testing because minlots kicked in since Prots was set to 0.

So since the time code added is not used, they are exactly the same and should backtest and forwardtest the same. This has been my experience. So anyone wanting ISEA can go to from http://articles.mql4.com/163/page2, copy Graal_2 code into an empty MetaEditor document, change Prots to 1 (to match ISEA default, or set it higher if wanting to risk more), save it, and you have ISEA.

Don

Read the article http://articles.mql4.com/163, I think ISEA leeched the grail_2.mq4

I cleaned, fixed and tranlsated the grail_2.mq4 from this russian free EA grail_2.mq4, and fixed so it shall be run on both 4 and 5 digits.

I also put some small functions there to enhance the EA, so you can download both from

http://www.4shared.com/file/109903952/ff14a140/grail_2.html

On M1 timeframe, set the MA =6, and Distan=1

On M5 timeframe, just use the default MA = 16 and Distan=2.

You can try them on on

EURGBP

EURCHF

NZDCAD

CHFJPY

AUDNZD

AUDCHF

EURCAD

EURJPY

USDCHF

The EA works only on the demo account of SigmaForex both NDD and DD account, and the FXCH demo account, and 2pipsforex.com demo account.

Many people asked for it, so I posted it here.

You can not do this type of pip hunting trading and make profits on any market maker. They would not allow you to do that. you will get your limit order filled with 8 pips worse than you limit orderprice. I have tried then hide the limitorder logic inside the EA and send only the market order when the price hit, but the broker still use slippage and give me 3 pips worse than my orderprice.

only place if you can win, go for currenex. I have not try it on current yet. I get inpired and moved on to something else.

---

I also changed the Takeprofits = 0 to the limit order.

Becaue if you have takeprofits only 2 pips from Limit order openprice, if broker fill your order 4 pips worse then your limit price, then your takeprofits according to the old code, will get -2 pips. So I modify the takeprofits to 2 pips + only after the limit order become marketorder.

hmm i just added the gral2 uploaded by finimej, it closes 1 wining trade and right now it is open with 1 trade and have not close yet,

demo acct on collectivefx.. its weird the spread for eur/chf is comparable to avafx with nearly 4pips .. now it is around 3.7pips spread.. but for eur/gpb it is around 1.9pips as of now

i thought it would be much better than average broker since they claim its purely as it is without padding..

I have gotten questions about when I run IS 5-digit corrected cleaned, what settings do I use, and what times do I trade it, since I'm getting better results than others. I use TradeVolume 40 (risking a little over 10% per trade).

As far as the times, I'll give the info here instead of to each individual that asks. This reply was to Diego, but is good for everybody to read that is wanting to know the times I trade it or turn it off. Also, like Sunday and today, I just didn't trade it because both my computer and I needed some rest :) Although I told Diego that the statement was attached, since then I have posted it so anyone can look and try to decipher good trading times vs. more likely trending trading times when we wouldn't want to trade. Also, I'll say that some of my losers have been following turning off the computer and then bringing it back from sleep to see I'm in a losing trade, or already had a loser. Just see what you can see and tell us all if some times look better than others to trade this EA.

Diego,

I see you started at 2009.06.01 07:07 (6:07 GMT). Mine didn't start

until 18:42 (17:42 GMT). BTW CollectiveFX is GMT+1 (London time), so

just subtract an hour to get GMT time. Other than that, I am GMT-5,

and everyday up until now I have started the EA in the morning when I

get to work (so go from Central time 8:00 or 8:15-8:30 or 8:45 not

entering any trades, but keep any open that started before then, when

converted to GMT that is no starting trades between 13:00 and 13:45

approx.). The only other time I have stopped entering trades is

between 5:00-5:30 Central, so 22:00-22:30 GMT. Then the laptop stays

plugged in all night. I just didn't start it up Sunday night. Waited

until 17:42 GMT (12:45 Central, so 1:45 Eastern, about the time the

market slows down right?).

I bet if we could run this thing only during the slow times and trade

range, it would be best. I already have code made that we could stick

in there to make the times trade just when we wanted to. Have as many

stops and starts as we need. But coming out of the range into trends

is what brings the losers. We could trade trends only, but that would

be fewer trades (fewer than just trading ranges I would guess).

Attached is my report. If we look at the losers' start times, we see

start times of those losing trades

(times are CollectiveFX time, so subtract 1 to get GMT. Subtract 4

hours from GMT to get Eastern):

2009.05.27 08:00 (7:00 GMT/3:00 Eastern)

2009.05.27 15:08 (14:08 GMT/10:08 Eastern)

2009.05.28 08:56 (7:56 GMT/3:56 Eastern)

2009.05.29 07:33 (6:33 GMT/2:33 Eastern)

2009.05.29 10:41 (9:41 GMT/5:41 Eastern)

2009.05.29 15:04 (14:04 GMT/10:04 Eastern)

Looking at your report, the losing trades (remember you started Sunday

night at around 9:30 Eastern):

2009.06.01 02:33 (1:33 GMT/21:33 Eastern)

2009.06.01 07:58 (6:58 GMT/2:58 Eastern)

2009.06.01 15:12 (14:12 GMT/10:12 Eastern)

I did the above conversion using

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Sessions in Forex (I think):

Tokyo Open - 0 GMT

Tokyo Close - 9 GMT

London Open - 8 GMT

London Close - 17 GMT

New York Open - 13 GMT

New York Close - 22 GMT

With the data above, what can we determine would be the best time to

trade? (This is not a trick question, I just gathered the data, but

don't have the brain power right now to understand what the data

means)

Note: I imagine when these trades closed, that the trend was in

effect, so the EA would only be buying OR selling after these losses,

but not both. It looks like I'm wrong though from a quick look at your

report (not even looking at mine yet).

Don

Great Job don :arrow:

some stats which the damage took place from the test at sigmaforex

2009.06.05 16:02 buy 1.80 eurgbps 0.8787 0.8758 0.8792 2009.06.05 16:19 0.8758 0.00 0.00 0.00 -839.85

2009.06.05 12:36 buy 1.40 eurgbps 0.8844 0.8815 0.8849 2009.06.05 13:39 0.8815 0.00 0.00 0.00 -652.97

2009.06.05 16:24 buy 1.90 eurchfs 1.5207 1.5178 1.5212 2009.06.05 17:06 1.5178 0.00 0.00 0.00 -509.05

2009.06.05 15:31 sell 1.60 eurchfs 1.5202 1.5231 1.5197 2009.06.05 15:35 1.5231 0.00 0.00 0.00 -434.53

2009.06.04 14:56 sell 0.50 eurgbps 0.8643 0.8672 0.8638 2009.06.04 14:56 0.8672 0.00 0.00 0.00 -237.10

2009.06.04 20:10 buy 0.50 eurgbps 0.8785 0.8756 0.8790 2009.06.04 21:14 0.8756 0.00 0.00 0.00 -234.85

2009.06.04 12:54 buy 0.40 eurgbps 0.8662 0.8633 0.8667 2009.06.04 14:36 0.8633 0.00 0.00 0.00 -190.23

2009.06.04 11:00 buy 0.40 eurgbps 0.8698 0.8669 0.8703 2009.06.04 11:22 0.8669 0.00 0.00 0.00 -190.14

2009.06.04 14:57 sell 0.40 eurgbps 0.8682 0.8711 0.8677 2009.06.04 14:58 0.8711 0.00 0.00 0.00 -187.82

2009.06.04 06:50 sell 0.30 eurgbps 0.8703 0.8732 0.8698 2009.06.04 07:36 0.8732 0.00 0.00 0.00 -141.21

2009.06.04 15:00 buy 0.40 eurchfs 1.5138 1.5109 1.5143 2009.06.04 15:03 1.5109 0.00 0.00 0.00 -108.31

not sure what timezone they are using tho

here is a list of demo acct stats created for monitoring

1. bensontest.mt4stats.com (collectivefx using grail2 uploaded by finimej)

2. bensontest2.mt4stats.com (sigmaforex using isea 4 digits)

3. bensontest3.mt4stats.com (fxcm using 5digits cleaned) put as 3k balance but dont know why it still show as 10k balance

of the 3, i realize that collectivefx doesnt "move"(up down changes) that rapidly compared to sigma or fxcm

whereas fxcm moves quite or almost same as sigma but due to spread it can not match sigma as exactly..

so comparing fxcm and collectivefx, which i created around the same time, although fxcm spread varies and not as good as collectivefx, it seems somehow compensated through the datafeed which gives "spikes"(unfilitered maybe? i not sure).. so although collectivefx have good spread, sometimes the spread does goes up to 3pips or nearly 4pips during diff session and the "smoothered" datafeeds prevents hiting 2 pips as fast.. so in a way, if there is a broker which provides "unfiltered" data, with relatively low pips, even 2 pips or around there could still be able to achieve pretty good results?

as i feel that even if broker offers 1 pips spread, but data is smoothered, it does not optimize scalping too

for example:

1st broker. sell 1.5000 -> sell 1.5005 -> sell 1.5001

2nd broker. sell 1.5000 -> sell 1.5001

even if you have spread of 2 pips for 1st broker , you could have already hit the tp

but for 2nd broker, even you have spread of 1pips you are still hanged there without hiting the tp

so the good news maybe is that even relatively low spread not neccessary 1pip spread by the broker but a "unfiltered" datafeed can make this work? :peace: still my 2 cents worth ..

Thanks alot finimej for the mod of ISEA or Grail EA! at http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?p=22250#p22250

We now has one more option using ECN, currenex broker by using :-

MT4 Demo --> MT4TBcopy --> Tradebullet--> ECN/ Currenex Broker

So our tools!!!

1)MT demo - Free!!

2)MT4Bcopy - http://mql4.info/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=3&flypage=shop.garden_flypage&product_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Anyone have MT4Bcopy please share.!

3) Tradebullet

We may have some of the top guys from indo who have cracked version of tradebullet from unfriendly site or else download the full working 14 days trial version at http://www.tradebullet.com/download/ and use

http://rapid*share.com/files/134269569/Microbest_CrackLock_3.8.1.zip to have unlimted usage!.

Thanks alot finimej for the mod of ISEA or Grail EA! at http://www.indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?p=22250#p22250

We now has one more option using ECN, currenex broker by using :-

MT4 Demo --> MT4TBcopy --> Tradebullet--> ECN/ Currenex Broker

So our tools!!!

1)MT demo - Free!!

2)MT4Bcopy - http://mql4.info/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=3&flypage=shop.garden_flypage&product_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Anyone have MT4Bcopy please share.!

3) Tradebullet

We may have some of the top guys from indo who have cracked version of tradebullet from unfriendly site or else download the full working 14 days trial version at http://www.tradebullet.com/download/ and use

http://rapid*share.com/files/134269569/Microbest_CrackLock_3.8.1.zip to have unlimted usage!.

How sure are we that currenex has the same unfiltered tick data (like Sigmaforex)? Since even MBtrading dada seems to be filtered.

Indo-Investasi Rocks