DragonPips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, I would not use Dragonpips on any pair except EURCHF unless you broker can keep the spreads down during asian session below 2.5 pips. Best way to know is to only backtest DP during asian session (or better still around 9-10pm GMT) when spreads are higher to see if this will be profitable for on your broker

People make the mistake of backtesting this during other times when spreads may be 1-2 pips and DP makes millions but wonder why during asian session you are constantly seeing small losses due to the saftey time protection levels kicking in or worse, you hit the dreaded 32 pip stop loss -although rare

the time protection levels adjusts the take profit levels based on the trade duration. the very last time protection level on default after 240 minutes adjusts to a -4 pip take profit. this helps reduce the chances of hitting stop loss. optimize these levels by backtesting using the optimization setting and checking the time protection levels boxes and use a 1 or 2 pip step for the different protection levels and see what backtests the best. I think default is pretty good though.

well, would be me then :) EURUSD going pretty well so far, 4 SL til January, but I switch EA's off over eastern and FOMC and so on. Even today and this week in whole I won't trade.

Greece worsens it all, and FOMC speeches etc. to be awaited, rather keep my savings and shut down this month with a healty 14% (DragonPips v2.02, MegaDroid XE v1.2, Shocker 2.0 and EAKAIN Scalper v1.03, all on EURUSD only 22-24h GMT+1 german time)

• 2 weeks later...
i've used dragonpips since february on live standard tadawulfx account. i've tried the older version that i previously posted on eurusd and usdchf and the version 2.02 that i use on eurgbp and eurchf. The eurgbp was great until a couple of weeks ago it's just not consilidating during the asian session as it needs to. This has led to some stop outs and i've taken it off for now. The eurchf has been very solid and i've only got stopped out once since I began. The eurusd has (like the eurgbp) been a struggle as of late and hasn't performed well in the past few weeks but started off great. The usdchf is the one nobody has talked much about but imho is very good with the older version of dragonpips running 21-23gmt. I'm afraid the current scalpers on the market though are becoming a bit obselete in today's market. The asian session has been far more volitile that what we'd like and some additional programming or changes in the strategy needs to be adopted to further improve sclalpers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i have tried the versions (two as far I have seen) of dragonpips final 2010 which have been posted prior in this thread earlier. One soes not load at all and the other open trades and closes them on the spot. Does anybody got it working or does have a working version?

Cheers

Well since my last post I can confirm that the usdchf is the only safe pair to trade with right now on dragonpips for me. The eurchf is either too dead or too volatile and the eurgbp and eurusd just isn't ranging during the asian session.

What version are you using on USDCHF, please?

usdchf on live only right now. i've got eurgbp, eurusd, and eurchf on demo and they have been doing well for last couple of weeks. before that it was a very rough patch for those pairs. I'm using the earlier version of dragonpips. I posted it earlier in this thread and use it live on usdchf and demo on eurusd. for eurgbp and eurchf i use the v2.02.

Yes, it's a major hassle having to go through 130+ pages to find something.

Here is all that I have plucked from the previous pages. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the link! It saved me (like me, new comers) time to go thru thousands of reply to get the download link. Really appreciate it.

Hi All,

A reminder for everyone that since DP is a scalping EA like Megadroid Pro that determining when high impact news announcements occur for trading specific currency pairs on any given day is critical for long term profitability and reliability of the EA.

Please refer to my manual news filtering method in the last few pages of the megadroid pro thread for greater clarification on how to apply it in your daily trading.

It works for me to improve my overall profitability using a scalping EA such as Megadroid Pro and DP.

Cheers

Hi Theo,

Did you have the same success with DP as you had with MP?

regards.

Hi All,

A reminder for everyone that since DP is a scalping EA like Megadroid Pro that determining when high impact news announcements occur for trading specific currency pairs on any given day is critical for long term profitability and reliability of the EA.

Please refer to my manual news filtering method in the last few pages of the megadroid pro thread for greater clarification on how to apply it in your daily trading.

It works for me to improve my overall profitability using a scalping EA such as Megadroid Pro and DP.

Cheers

I'm new here. But I want to share about dragon pips. I have both of Dragon Pips 2010 and Dragon Pips Extreme (original). I have test it (Insta Forex). I run on live trading using DragonPips Extreme because it's better. But now I stop it. because huge SL. Time from 23-01 right now rarely sideways. Because DragonPips run in sideways condition and very profitable. So be carefull using this EA. I choose Fusion right now. I try to test FapTurbo48 (I have original one) and MegadroidPro (educated) from this forum.

I have also GBPBot (very profitable but rarely open), Boomerang (highly open, good), Black Panther (I test no good), EAKain (I test good), Genius ( I test Good). I still try to find another good EA.

Edited by rluisan1

• 1 month later...
Dragonpips_final_educated edition needs a sunday trade filter. Sunday is no good for this ea. Also, a magic number option in the settings would be nice too. can anyone change the code to include those features. Also, was wondering if anyone has the issue of Dragonpips causing mt4 to crash when running eur/usd.