EA-Lyly G. Catherine 339%profit,95%win rate,4.2%drawdown

Re: EA-Lyly G. Catherine 339%profit,95%win rate,4.2%drawdown

Well, It has been a complete day. No trade so far. Anyone similar experience.

hmmm,

The EA won't trade everyday. Sometimes only once a week. Plz be patient.
That should have been in the manual.

Characteristic: The above quote reduce the level or intensity of my interest.

Result:I won't use it. Strong weakness or flaw.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks William :arrow:

I'm running this one almost 24HRS but nothing happen. Is it realy have to have more than $10000 Dollar?

I'd like to see live trading instead backtesting. ;)

That should have been in the manual.

Characteristic: The above quote reduce the level or intensity of my interest.

Result:I won't use it. Strong weakness or flaw.

No problem. Not everybody will be interested. That is fine with me.

I will add it to the manual for the next version.

Thanks William :arrow:

I'm running this one almost 24HRS but nothing happen. Is it realy have to have more than $10000 Dollar?

I'd like to see live trading instead backtesting. ;)

No, yellow setting needs lower equity. Please read my answers at previous posts.

Regards,

Ore no Shinka Hikari yo Hayai. Zen Uchi o Nani no Mono Ore no Shinka Chuito Kore Nai.

Ten no Michi yo Iki. Subete o Sukosadoru Otoko.

Just a small update.

At tsd, one of the member said that the red setting is opening the 1st trade already.

Regards,

Ore no Shinka Hikari yo Hayai. Zen Uchi o Nani no Mono Ore no Shinka Chuito Kore Nai.

:( :?: Anybody has any trade with live trading? I’ve been on two days but still no trade at all.

If anybody has any experience, share with us. Thank you.

Different broker gives different prices.

I'm waiting for an answer about his broker from the tsd member that said that his red setting was trading already.

Regards,

Guys, first of all thank you William for ea and so far I had one trade with orange settings,

2009.02.26 19:30 sell 0.40 eurusd 1.2747 0.0000 0.0000 2009.02.27 01:36 1.2721 0.00 0.00 -1.43 104.00

Broker FXDD.

Your welcome Altoronto. And thank you for sharing the test result. It's a winning trade huh :D

For the 1st trade all red, orange, & yellow setting should open the same trade. The 2nd and so forth might be different but the 1st should be the same.

If you don't have your 1st trade already, that could means you have not set Lyly right or your broker is "playing" with any EA (Lyly is newly born).

Regards,

This is so damn frustrating. It's been 3 days and no trades. I have the ea on 6 different 30 minute charts. I don't have a 1 hour, or day day chart up as indicated in the manual. Is this necessary?

Also, when I hit the "load" button to select orange, red, or yellow, the "pre-set" box comes up, not the "created" box as indicated in the manual. Does this make a difference?

Anyways, I'm anxious to get this thing going. I'm using Alpari UK for my mt4 platform, and using a demo account.

Any suggestions??

Peter

Yep, William winning trade 100% success rate, congrats. :) :mrgreen:

Only 1 trade. It's too soon to tell the success rate. :D

This is so damn frustrating. It's been 3 days and no trades. I have the ea on 6 different 30 minute charts. I don't have a 1 hour, or day day chart up as indicated in the manual. Is this necessary?

6 m30 charts. Are they different currency pairs? If so, you need to open all M30, H1, H4, D1 for all pairs. So 4 charts for each pair.

It is not necessary to open H1, H4, and D1. But it will make things easier for MT4 and Lyly. So consider it 80% necessary. :D

Lyly takes data from M30, H1, H4, and D1. Without complete data, Lyly won't trade. Maybe this is why you don't have any trade until now.

Also, when I hit the "load" button to select orange, red, or yellow, the "pre-set" box comes up, not the "created" box as indicated in the manual. Does this make a difference?

I have no idea what is that. Could you post a screenshot?

First day it made some trades : :)

(FXDD demo account)

I used "Lyly_G_Catherine_-_Orange_Recommended.set"

only changes I made :

Lots: 0.01

Maxlots: 1

Nice...

So it also works with GBP/usd. I understand that Lyly is a trend following EA so theoritically it will work with any trending pair such as GU. But never tested it. Thanks Texan for the test.

Regards,

Ok, will open up the other time frame charts. Will restrict it to EurUsd only. Do I have to attach the ea to these other charts also, or just the 30 minute chart??

Only the M30. Putting it on other TF will bring disaster :P

Please read the readme file.

Good for Texan :arrow:

IBFX is not works at all. :cry: If anyone with IBFX, share with us. I'll try again next week. ;)

The other member of TSD is using IBFX and has already 1 trade with EUR/usd yesterday. He uses red setting. But, for the 1st trade, it won't matter what setting you use.

I think you have not set Lyly right. Please read the readme file.

Regards,

Yeah....no action...

Pretty actionless actually....more so then i prefer watching all the market moves when the EA dont :| :?: :idea: :berbusa: :wew: :hammer: :cry:

Goto feed it some more juice in order to get it down to makes some more moves...or that may risk more drawdown? it seems.. :o :o :o

So Less Trade = Less drawdown = profitabilty.......... :wew: :huh:

Ahh...EA...U loath to love them, u love to loath them.... :D

Hi William,

I just wanted to say thanks for letting us test your EA. You are a true gentleman!!!!

I have had Lyly trading for 2 days and had 4 successful trades with hardly no draw downs. No losing trades yet. I am using it on the EUR/USD pair with the red settings. I am using it on demo for now, but depending on her on-going test results, I may put her on my live account. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again William........Well Done!!!!!!

Hi William,

I have a live standard account with minimum lot size allowed is one with equity usd 10,000.

I am using Catherine for forward testing on that account. When I use the default setting (orange), the EA does not open any trade until now. Do I need to change the setting parameters as below ?

Risk - 10

Lots - 1.0

Maxlots - 1.0

Thanks

Regards

Thank you all for your kind words.

Got my first three trades today and all are profit...wowow this ea sure got potential...thanks william want to try some more before trying it with real money.... :arrow: :arrow:

Yes, test Lyly 1st. You should and you must. And always be careful on real money. Lyly is not Sophie The Holy Grail (The Davinci's Code). :D So please, be really, really careful on real money. Don't be greedy and take too large position.

I just wanted to say thanks for letting us test your EA. You are a true gentleman!!!!

I have had Lyly trading for 2 days and had 4 successful trades with hardly no draw downs. No losing trades yet. I am using it on the EUR/USD pair with the red settings. I am using it on demo for now, but depending on her on-going test results, I may put her on my live account. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again William........Well Done!!!!!!

I'm a gentle man? Some said I'm a cutthroat bitch :D

2 trades today $200 profit .. 3/3 William .. still on 100% :)

Nice to hear that. But it's still 3 trades. I won't be happy before 1 month or 100 trades, whichever comes 1st.

I have a live standard account with minimum lot size allowed is one with equity usd 10,000.

I am using Catherine for forward testing on that account. When I use the default setting (orange), the EA does not open any trade until now. Do I need to change the setting parameters as below ?

Risk - 10

Lots - 1.0

Maxlots - 1.0

I've never tested the 10K on 1 normal lot, so I can't say for sure. Based only from the coding, I'll say:

- with red setting, you're dead.

- with orange setting, you're a daredevil. Lower the risk. Lot size won't matter coz orange setting uses automatic lot size counting.

- with yellow setting, you're living in a very bad neighborhood. Lower the risk (I don't know for sure, perhaps 5%), lower the lot size.

I have never really tested it, however, I think the yellow setting will survive. Please backtest 1st and share the result here.

However, even with all that said, I would recommend you to change your broker. Even when you are trading manually, it is better to have mini lot size with $10k. It doesn't matter if you put 10 mini lot (equivalent to 1 normal lot) per manual trade, it is better to have the option to lower your lot size. It's like having a spare tire on the back of your car in case something happens.

Regards,