Tom Alexander Videos

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, someone has to fix it. I could not watch it too, it is VERY out of sync.

You have to extract the audio from the video, then overlay it again in proper sync. I never done this, but if you wanna do it for us, would be nice.

https://audio-extractor.net/

It is just the very first video that is out of synch (the introduction). All the other videos where he demonstrates his method are in synch and well worth watching. Could be summed up though as he likes to trade the edges and not the middle.

Perhaps, but there is important info in the video out of sync, it is a very long video.

Anyways, nothing important is missing from the comprehensive seminar, is practically his book in video format, I honestly prefered this one over foundations course.

• 2 weeks later...

logicgate said: "If you dig more market internals related videos, please upload."

He'll reference common market internals such as advancing/declining issues and market divergences from time to time, but it's tangential to his trading approach, so that stock market internals webinar is about as much detail as you'll get from him on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been watching Alexander's live trading room sessions for about two weeks now, and I have concluded that he's one of the legion of instructors who teaches trading because he cannot make a living doing it. I don't think he has called trade direction correctly once in the last two weeks, my account would be much smaller now if I'd followed his advice.

I've been watching Alexander's live trading room sessions for about two weeks now, and I have concluded that he's one of the legion of instructors who teaches trading because he cannot make a living doing it. I don't think he has called trade direction correctly once in the last two weeks, my account would be much smaller now if I'd followed his advice.

Thanks for the update Gadfly. I've always found market profile and its better looking sister volume profile, reasonably decent at teasing out support and resistance levels (although I prefer to use the structure of a standard bar chart for this). But I've never found MP or VP much use in terms of suggesting market direction with any accuracy. If Alexander is supposedly one of the better MP/VP practitioners your comments really add to that weight of evidence, and saves me a bunch of time, so cheers for that! Every time I decide to look at anything else I always come to the conclusion that a good old fashioned bar chart with price and volume is the best way, for me at least.

He advises his students to avoid having a direction bias and instead "trade what they see," but it seems he cannot do that himself so it's like taking reading lessons from a blind man. @-)

Hi, Gadfly, sad to know about it. I just want to ask what course according to you has offered better value to a trader ?

He advises his students to avoid having a direction bias and instead "trade what they see," but it seems he cannot do that himself so it's like taking reading lessons from a blind man. @-)

Ahh the old "only trade what you see ploy"... hmmm ... i see it going up...oops, i see it going down... oops. No it's definitely going up... oops... :-/ X_X

The market profile principles are sound and Alexander's class on it is good, it's just that he makes it sound like the be all and end all of trading, and the fact that he is not successful with it proves it is not.

But I've changed my mind about his membership subscription, the guy is like Midas in reverse. If I follow his trades and take the opposite side on all of them, I will do very well. Last week he called 4 trades and got them all wrong so if I'd done the reverse of what he suggested, I could've been up (rather than down) a couple of thousand dollars. :)

The market profile principles are sound and Alexander's class on it is good, it's just that he makes it sound like the be all and end all of trading, and the fact that he is not successful with it proves it is not.

But I've changed my mind about his membership subscription, the guy is like Midas in reverse. If I follow his trades and take the opposite side on all of them, I will do very well. Last week he called 4 trades and got them all wrong so if I'd done the reverse of what he suggested, I could've been up (rather than down) a couple of thousand dollars. :)

thats a good strategy :)

So if he is not doing well enough realizing his own strategy then how can we, learning the same thing from him is expected to do well ?

It is a very demoralising revelation atleast for me.

He only called 4 trades in a week? In my view it is a small sample size so I would observe him for a longer period of time before concluding. Have you seen any stats on his trading? I've seen a few traders that will have a bad day or even week then go on to have a great month/year.

"So if he is not doing well enough realizing his own strategy then how can we, learning the same thing from him is expected to do well?"

Unfortunately, in the trading instruction field it's common to find people who teach trading because they cannot make a living doing it, that's probably well over 95% of the instructors out there.

But as I said, the market profile principles are sound if you know how to trade them - he doesn't. There are other instructors who do, and who will show you their actual trades.

"He only called 4 trades in a week?"

No but his calls are usually very vague, e.g., "it could go either way here" - well Duh!

And I stopped watching the videos because he continually contradicted himself, making statements like "indicators are useless." Then why do you have them on your chart? :-??

"Have you seen any stats on his trading?"

No, it's not really a trading room, just another market analysis room that calls itself a "trading room."

• 6 months later...
Unfortunately, in the trading instruction field it's common to find people who teach trading because they cannot make a living doing it, that's probably well over 95% of the instructors out there.

We want reviews at this forum other ones you cannot see real reviews

you can also find courses to learn and if you like them you should buy them from the author

All purchases from David Weis are good

gadfly can you review and tell us if the opposite trades did right ?

I did opposite trades scammers sent me before they stopped sending