KangarooEA

I wonder if someone would like to have a crack at this one.

The download has the set-up installer, the manual and the white paper.

Looking at the myfxbook stats it doesn't trade that often but if it keeps moving up that slope it's plenty good enough for me.

Perhaps we can improve it to trade more often and unlock it to trade on more pairs.

Keep your powder dry.

TS

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. Has anyone started using this EA?

Though on the website, it mentioned 60 days money back guarantee, under the Terms and Conditions note 8, it was mentioned :

"Please note that monthly fees are not eligible for refund and any claim shall be rejected."

It's not free to test, need to pay EUR 97 to try for a month.

Birt has a forward test on myfxbook.

Please kindly comment on the performance if you have the EA running.

Thanks.

Edit:

Though the developer also have published their statement on myfxbook, they hide the broker name and it was a demo account, not real money account. They also hide the open trades.

Let's see how the EA perform on Birt's real money account with LiteForex broker.

Edited by JasonKwok

birt's review is good. unsure what to make of it atm though. what do other's think?

but, more importantly, can someone with the latest decompiler, decompile the kangarooEA.ex4 file in the first post? i want to test it.

Edited by Stormin_Norman

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

birt's review is good. unsure what to make of it atm though. what do other's think?

but, more importantly, can someone with the latest decompiler, decompile the kangarooEA.ex4 file in the first post? i want to test it.

I agree, birts reviews are good. But remember, these kind of pages aim for free copies , so they are biased by nature IMO. Do u recall birts enthusiastic review about Forex Combo? Well, take a look at the performance of this EA in reality, its pretty poor.

Same will be probably valid for this jumping baby Kangaroo, bc my own longtime experience with EAs tells me, to compensate an average to poor overall performance by using a pretty high risk of 5 % leads usually to wet feet regards the DD when it comes to live trading.

Just my 2 cents, time will tell...

Edited by pro

i am happy with forex combo. its not a straight line trader, but it goes well for me. i am using different money management settings to birt with each system getting its own lot size dependent of its independent drawdown rates. its up about 20% in two months. nothing huge, but nice and solid. had its losses, but reading the review and from my backtests that's what i expected.

and yes, i did purchase it to support the vendor.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

You are a lucky guy, you catched the good performance in September til mid October, since than it went only downhill...

I purchased the Combo as well after running first the cracked 1.46 version with great performance for a short period of time. Since than the updated purchased version I got don't make consistent profit so far... I know , its more a long time strategy, but watching closely every entry of all subsystems tells me, the trade logic behind the reversal and the breakout subsystems ain't realy good.

Edited by pro

You are a lucky guy, you catched the good performance in September til mid October, since than it went only downhill

I purchased the Combo as well after running first the cracked 1.46 version with great performance for a short period of time. Since than the updated purchased version I got don't make consistent profit so far... I know , its more a long time strategy, but watching closely every entry of all subsystems tells me, the trade logic behind the reversal and the breakout subsystems ain't realy good.

I actually had that good performance on my demo, and put it live after that. i actually still run an older version of combo which i preferred to the newer versions. there will be sideways movement in this system then it will go on a good run, before more sideways movement. i personally think it is one of the best EAs on the market.

run each of the systems separately, and calculate what drawdown you want to have on each. then set each up with a different lot size setting. this is what i think has seen my results better than most others. i do expect though, when the big move comes that my results wont jump as high, but that's the trade-off.

ive given up on asian scalpers. hence the interest in kangaroo. can someone with the latest decompiler decompile it so we can try and educate it for testing?

While I appreciate all your sharings and efforts to help other members, but I have to disagree with attempting to crack this particular one.

I am against all hyped up EAs even if they look good on the seller website,, but this one has not been hyped at all and is based on a subscription plan and looks very good, it is surely not one of those hit and run internet scams

We should support vendors like this one instead of cracking what he is selling and making it free for the public same as what we would do for any Scam EA

While I appreciate all your sharings and efforts to help other members, but I have to disagree with attempting to crack this particular one.

I am against all hyped up EAs even if they look good on the seller website,, but this one has not been hyped at all and is based on a subscription plan and looks very good, it is surely not one of those hit and run internet scams

We should support vendors like this one instead of cracking what he is selling and making it free for the public same as what we would do for any Scam EA

well, there are some of us who like to see the coding if it matches the strategies that the developer claimed to be using. If the EA is good, we'll definitely pay to support the developer effort. Take a look at Birt's review and you know why he also like to dissemble the EA back into the source code.

Edit:

Anyway, we still have about 1 month before the promotion end, to look at the forward testing on real money account done by Birt.

Thanks Birt. Wondering if you still read this forum. :-)

Edited by JasonKwok

I still read II, but very rarely. Usually I do it just to try to get a feeling of what everyone thinks of EAs that I might want to review; for example, I read the whole TulipFX thread before writing the Kangaroo article. Anyway, since I run an affiliate site now, I can no longer get involved with educated EAs.

well, there are some of us who like to see the coding if it matches the strategies that the developer claimed to be using. If the EA is good, we'll definitely pay to support the developer effort. Take a look at Birt's review and you know why he also like to dissemble the EA back into the source code.

Edit:

Anyway, we still have about 1 month before the promotion end, to look at the forward testing on real money account done by Birt.

Give me a break, so if you get it cracked and leaked on the internet and made available for ZERO dollars, people will actually go and pay for it once you approve their coding?

If we ever want to see this type of honost none hype vendors then we should not try to crack their codes in public. I am sure lots of of people who hang out here are reseller pirates

If we ever want to see this type of honost none hype vendors then we should not try to crack their codes in public. I am sure lots of of people who hang out here are reseller pirates
Some vendors use protection in order to hide the fact that they copied the code of another EA with slight modifications, optimized parameters, different symbols and time frame.

Some vendors use protection in order to hide the fact that they copied the code of another EA with slight modifications, optimized parameters, different symbols and time frame.
I should also add yet another reason why some vendors use protection: to hard code specific dates to skip taking trades. If in previous backtests they found that the EA took a bad trade, they can then enter that date (or a range of days around that date) in the code (either MQL or in the DLL) for that EA to skip. If we can't see the code, we may never know whether any dates were hard coded to skip.