FOREX PROFITS WITH COT by Frank Paul from fxmentor

cubicrey

Hi All,

Any member kind enough to share this video course with us? The details as listed below:-

Module I: Secrets Of the COT Explained (2 parts, running time: 92min)

Part 1 – “Secrets of the COT Explained” (53:29)

In this introductory section we lay the foundation for the course content and weekly subscription data, explain key concepts pertaining to the Futures market, and review each of the three types of market participants tracked by COT data – Commercials (“Hedgers”), Large Speculators (“Professional Trend Followers”) and Small Speculators (“The Herd”). Learn what a Futures contract is and how it’s traded, key differences between Futures and Forex, and how and why the COT data is so important to trading success.

Welcome Message

What Makes Our Service Different?

Why Are We Doing This?

What Should You Expect to get Out of This?

What Not to Expect

Coming Your Way (A Brief Rundown)

What Exactly Is the COT Report?

Where Does COT Data Come From?

So Why Should I Care About COT?

What is a Futures Contract?

What Does it Mean to Go Long or Short in Futures?

Key Differences: Futures vs. Forex

Meet the Players, part 1 – The Commercials

Meet the Players, part 2 – Large Spec Traders

Meet the Players, part 3 – Small Spec Traders

Part 2 – “Secrets of the COT Explained” (38:49)

Section 2 let’s you in on a COT secret…ten of them in fact! All the most important “behind the scenes” principles and secrets most other resources don’t (or won’t) fill you in on. Learn about the important price linkage between Futures and Forex markets, how and why volume flows in the Futures world effect price action, the fallacies surrounding conventional interpretation of market “Open Interest”, how and why Commercial traders transact in such contrarian fashion over long periods of time…and lots more!

Secret #1 – The Futures Market Leads the Spot Market

Futures and Spot Markets: The Link

What Studies Have Shown

Secret #2 – COT Ultimately Boils Down to One Main Idea…VOLUME FLOWS

COT Basic Metrics of Interest

Secret #3 – It is Extremely Import to Assess Price in Relation to COT Volume Flows

Secret #4 – There is Always Perfect Equivalence in Positions Held in the Futures Market

Futures Market Flows are Always Symmetrical

Secret #5 – Small Spec Traders Account for Relatively Limited Share of Market so We Don’t Need to Track Them Separately

Futures Volume Significant by Segment

Secret #6 – Commercial Traders Buy and Sell Very Differently from You and Me

2007 – Commercial Traders SHORT in a Rising Market for Pound Sterling

A Quick Lesson in Merchandising Market Dynamics

Secret #7 – Traditional Beliefs about Open Interest are Mostly Wrong

How Open Interest Really Works

Secret #8 – We Don’t Necessarily Want to Go Long/Short Forex Just Because the Big Dogs are Long/Short in Futures

Secret #9 – Contrary to Popular Opinion, We Don’t Always Seek to do the Exact Opposite of the Small & Spec Traders

Secret #10 – When it Comes to COT Data, it is Extremes That Are of Most Interest to Us

How We Capture Extremes

30-Second glossary: A few Important Terms

Module II: A Guided Tour Of the Forexmentor COT Report

(3 parts, running time: 181 min)

Part 1 – “A Guided Tour of the Forexmentor COT Report” (57:03)

Our first of three segments introducing the weekly reporting package provides you a detailed compendium of all the indicator readings and events that are of interest to us. In a nutshell, how to read the nine custom COT charts we’ve created for you. We review a never-before-shown schematic on the four types of divergence signals effecting the important metrics of Open Interest and Net Positions, then explain index crossovers, and the importance of reading the various indicator events in relation to trend.

The Whole Shebang…In a Nutshell

The Whole Shebang, part 2

The Whole Shebang, part 3

Four Modes of Analysis

What We’re Looking for…Who’s Controlling Open Interest?

Open Interest Divergence Schematic

Divergence, Divergence, Divergence!

Why Divergence is of Interest to Us

Another Angle: Index Crossovers

Note to Self: Always Read COT Divergences in Relation to Trend

Part 2 – “A Guided Tour of the Forexmentor COT Report”(1:08)

Time to roll up our shirtsleeves and study our custom COT charts #1 through #9 in detail. This is the section you go to gain an in-depth understanding of what each of the charts tracks, why it’s important, and how to use the information in a practical way to plan and execute high-probability trades that make money. Each of the nine sample charts is supplemented with mini case studies – references to actual signals plotted on the Daily chart for various markets showing the impact the various indicator signals foretold in terms of price action. And a special treat – your introduction to the “Gravity Index”, a powerful, proprietary price divergence indicator we developed exclusively for this resource, available nowhere else.

How to Read Chart #1 – Long Positions vs. Open Interest

How to Read Chart #2 – Short Positions vs. Open Interest

How to Read Chart #3 – Net Positions vs. Open Interest

How to Read Chart #4 – Commercials Net vs. Open Interest

How to Read Chart #5 – Commercials Net vs. S&S Net

How to Read Chart #6 – Commercials Net vs. Price

How to Read Chart #7 – Commercials Net vs. Net USD

So What the Heck is a Gravity Index?

How to Read Chart #8 – Futures Price vs. Gravity Index

How to Read Chart #9 – Daily Spot Price vs. Gravity Index

A Dose of Reality: Does COT Really Work All the Time?

Part 3 – “A Guided Tour of the Forexmentor COT Report” (56:06)

Module II concludes with an introduction to the lineup and configuration of charts we use to draw the linkage between Futures market flows and price action in the Spot Markets, including Forex. A brief reference to Elliott Wave concepts and in particular how we use them to “filter” and time COT divergences, supplemental technicals (such as Trend Channels) and an overview of the information processing model that guides our response to COT rounds out this informative section.

A Quick Note on Index Instruments

Spot Market Chart Lineup

Indicators & Studies We’re Using on the Forex Charts

Elliott Wave…Where to Start

Your 30-Second Primer on How to Draw and Use Trend Channels

Data, Data Everywhere…What to Do With It?

What Not to Do With It

How to Read the Weekly Flash

Weekly Schedule of Events

Service Disruption Policy

Our Long-term Vision for This Service

Risk Disclosure Statement

Module III – Case Study: COT Signals and the November 2007 Collapse of GBP/USD (2 parts, running time: 73min)

Part 1 – COT Signals and the November 2007 Collapse of GBP/USD” (30:34)

In the first week of November, 2007 the British Pound commenced an absolutely stunning (and for many people – unexpected) collapse against the greenback that wiped out much of the gains it had made past the 1.9300 mark all the way to its yearly high above 2.1100 – over 1800 pips from start to finish. For those of with an eye on COT this collapse was completely predictable, as clear bearish divergence signals had materialized just four days before the start of the collapse. In this section we review the COT chart signals as they actually appeared at the live edge of trading, and pick them apart to see how they would’ve prepared us for a short position trade that was simply too good to pass up.

Part 2 – COT Signals and the November 2007 Collapse of GBP/USD” (43:22)

Module III concludes with a clear and explicit linkage drawn between divergence metrics on the COT custom charts and price structure (including Elliott Wave concepts) on the various Forex spot market charts, and shows how application of the pyramid concept (adding to an open position at strategic junctures) could’ve magnified the available profit potential from this exciting run. The focus on this section is to explain how we would’ve put the information all together to create a coherent and focused trading plan.

///////////////////////////////////////

Thanks in advance...

Cheers

Rey

dll links

http://rapidshare.com/files/341920406/FM_FPCOT.part1.rar
[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/341920177/FM_FPCOT.part2.rar[/url]
[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/341921476/FM_FPCOT.part3.rar[/url]
[url]http://rapidshare.com/files/341926128/FM_FPCOT.part4.rar[/url]

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing. Sharing is caring

Re: [REQ]FOREX PROFITS WITH COT by Frank Paul from fxmentor

Hi abee,

I've checked the website, it only giving the preview, not a complete course as mentioned in my first post, anyway appreciate your kindness and endevour.

TQ

:)

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men/women to do nothing. Sharing is caring

Re: [REQ]FOREX PROFITS WITH COT by Frank Paul from fxmentor

Hello,

http://www.forexmentor.com/cot/cot-card.jpg

You can find in this link Forex Mentor PROFITS WITH COT.

Please note the recent update of the COT report are not included. (I have posted everything I've got on COT).

Whatever the video are interesting.

If you like it just leave a kudo ;-)

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FOREX PROFITS WITH COT by Frank Paul from fxmentor

I think this is a viable approach to trading but it is expected that you become a paying member to get the weekly decompostion of the COT data for various currencies, etc. from Frank Paul.

I havent seen the videos, but as far as I know all the COT data is available (though not digested) here:

http://www.cftc.gov/marketreports/commitmentsoftraders/index.htm

Look for "Chicago Mercantile Exchange", you will see in the file all major currency details.

specifically:

http://www.cftc.gov/dea/futures/deacmelf.htm

Hi guys.

There's an indicator for Metatrader 4 which gives COT signals (Buy and Sell) called Personal Fundamental Analyst (PFA), does anyone has it?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/909c567b81.gif

This indicator might be helpfull to compare with this course.

Details of indicator are in the following post:

http://indo-investasi.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5979

More details are given in following link:

http://www.nnea.net/personal-fundamental-analyst

Please share. ^:)^

Many thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Found this link with at least 1 year and a half of COT data:

http://www.cot-futures.com/cot/visitors/trader.htm

It is possible to download this data in a comma delimited file (this file can then be used to convert to MS Excel).

Note that when choosing, lets say EURO FX, you can actually see this course being advertised!!! :D

This might be where Frank Paul gets his data.

Only missing the last 2 weeks of data, but this can easily be updated by using the following link:

http://www.cftc.gov/marketreports/commitmentsoftraders/index.htm

So with this data it's possible to create the charts described in this course.

Hope this helps. :-bd

u mean Center of the Gravity For Moroccan Trader Called Balkhayat ? is that what u mean ?

Hi Sultan,

Many thanks for your reply.

No, the Gravity Index was actually developed by ForexMentor (by Frank Paul).

Frank Paul created this with the inpiration on Larry Williams book "Trade Stocks and Commodities with the Insiders: Secrets of the COT Report".

In the Forex Profits with COT course, he says the following:

"The Gravity Index is comprised of two seperate trend lines plotted agaisnt an Index scale from 0 to 100%.

It is designed to flag true Overbought and Oversold conditions.

Also designed to approximate smart money (the big dogs) accumulation/distribution where buying or selling climaxes occur.

Unlike Stochastics, MACD, etc, the Gravity Index is a fixed-timeframe (not continuous) indicator, which helps avoid the 'skyline' syndrome. (ie. unilke Stochastics, RSI, The Gravity Index does not stays in overbought/oversold zones for long period of time)

How it works: when the price index hits an extreme but the Gravity Index moves in the opposite direction, the price extreme in question is vulnerable to correction, sometimes severe."

In this course the there are two charts plotted with the Gravity Index:

Chart #8 Futures Price vs. Gravity Index over a 52-week period

Chart #9 Daily Spot Price vs. Gravity Index over a 13-week period

The other charts (#1 to # 7) are easy to plot with free information on the internet, but the last two charts (#8 and #9) I can't really find much information on the internet about the Gravity Index.

If I could find the formula for the Gravity Index then this would be solved.

If someone could help me on this matter, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

if you'd like to learn COT go to shatterfied and finish the tutorials then go to timingcharts and set up your charts and you're ready to go, any questions u can post at the timingcharts forums.

COT data is only released once a week and delayed by two days so an MT4 indicator is'nt necessary.

if you'd like to learn COT go to shatterfied and finish the tutorials then go to timingcharts and set up your charts and you're ready to go, any questions u can post at the timingcharts forums.

COT data is only released once a week and delayed by two days so an MT4 indicator is'nt necessary.

Hi Hermanhess,

Many thanks for your post.

I do not intended to use the Gravity Index as an MT4 indicator, but as an indicator for excel spreadsheet together with weekly COT data.

Anyway, many thanks for the information you gave me. Kudos for you.

Do you use COT data for help with your trading decisions?

How helpful is COT data in your opinion?

Please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

i'm more of a daytrader (most of the times) so COT is'nt very relevent to my trading nevertheless i do keep an eye on COT data, and yes it certainly is useful for mid to long term trading but its real power lies in detecting market tops and bottoms, its a bit late most of the time but it can catch the big moves.

There are a lot of COT systems floating around but the best I found (again this is my personal opinion) is "Trade with the insiders" by Larry Williams. That book is so interesting you wont want to put it down.

:)

You can also check out mysticgenies thread at ff couple of years ago he turned 1k to 126k in one week and he claims COT was part of his strategy. He talks about how he used COT or rather traded intraday with the COT bias for currency pairs in mind.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...