Fractal Markets FX (SMC)

@gisos

Urban Forex I just use his gauging momentum thing (the rubber band man) + the v formation, it kind of gels together with BTMM and SMC, if you think about it, the V formation is actually a QM or CHoC, which is when the momentum dies.

He learned from Phantom and made it into his own thing (as everyone should do).

He used to have a telegram channel but has since moved to Discord.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fractalmarkets/

Discord Questionnaire: forms.gle/VczxjpyPYpjTVirg8

(It's probably paid though)

If you like Fractal's, you might also like to watch one of his best students, Flipping Markets. He recently released a course as well.

Edited by Darkz0r

Thanks buddy. Seriously he learned from Phantom? I thought that their course was bad too - bad delivery and sound like a bunch of kids jus reselling the method.

Did not like the flipping markets stuff. I mean it is the same content, but the delivery is bad. The accent of the guy doesn´t help too.

Yeah you should always develop your own thing. I did in fact develop my own "extra trick" to filter/choose order blocks or at least give way more confidence to enter the trade (by using one indicator). I just won´t reveal it as of now because I am pretty sure it´s gonna be copied and resold.

Before doing that I wanna create a youtube channel with a trade vlog where I will disclose how I use it, for free. It won´t be sales pitch for anything, just to help other people. But I wanna make sure it´s available for free before the copycats start reselling as their own, so people will know they are being scammed if they paid for it. I always had this idea of providing something for free, given I practically learned everything for free too (big thanks to the internet). Just my way of saying thanks.

I don´t think that profitable traders who decide to provide teaching material should be charging for this stuff, it´s like peanuts compared to the market gains. If those guys try so hard to sell courses, to me it just means they are not profitable traders, they make money selling this stuff. They can know the method or several methods by heart inside out, know everything about the markets, but just can´t make money trading. Ask one of those guys to show his account balance and history.... They won´t.

I for instance I don´t have a technical problem, I have psychological problem that still needs to be fixed. I make money and give it all back, my equity curve is like a range. And that is just because of screw ups that turn into a snow ball of disaster, because of psychological issues, not technical.

Edited by logicgate

Yeah you should always develop your own thing. I did in fact develop my own "extra trick" to filter/choose order blocks or at least give way more confidence to enter the trade (by using one indicator). I just won´t reveal it as of now because I am pretty sure it´s gonna be copied and resold.

Before doing that I wanna create a youtube channel with a trade vlog where I will disclose how I use it, for free. It won´t be sales pitch for anything, just to help other people. But I wanna make sure it´s available for free before the copycats start reselling as their own, so people will know they are being scammed if they paid for it. I always had this idea of providing something for free, given I practically learned everything for free too (big thanks to the internet). Just my way of saying thanks.

I don´t think that profitable traders who decide to provide teaching material should be charging for this stuff, it´s like peanuts compared to the market gains. If those guys try so hard to sell courses, to me it just means they are not profitable traders, they make money selling this stuff. They can know the method or several methods by heart inside out, know everything about the markets, but just can´t make money trading. Ask one of those guys to show his account balance and history.... They won´t.

Well I know of a few profitable and good traders in cryptos who basically give away their material for free, eg: CryptoCred, Karoush. As you said, they make enough trading profitably that they don't need to sell courses as a source of income.

What is interesting to me about CryptoCred is what he said about his own strategy and success story:

My success in trading has very simple roots: I learnt from people much better and more experienced than myself and refined their teachings to make them work for me.

You're less likely to find success if you try to simply emulate one single trader.

The best traders I know and have the privilege of working with have all selectively picked up different concepts from a variety of systems and ultimately made it their own.

Take what appeals to you, and refine it. Ditch what doesn't.

Be open-minded: it's incredibly unlikely that one person/system has all the answers in the world.

Shout-out to my mentors, in no particular order:

• @Trader_Dante
  • @Trader1SZ
  • @WMD4X
  • @I_Am_ICT (Michael Huddleston)
  • @Simon_Kloot (TraderSimon)

Edited by gisos

Guys, I think it is impossible to scalp in fx market if you don't have an ecn account with zero spreads for all currencies.

only eurusd is most liquid and have zero spreads.

how to trade the other exotic pairs without giving spread pips and slippage. it's difficult guys..........

You shouldn´t scalp,,, Waste your time in front of the charts, get tired doing analysis to take a miser 5, 10 pip trade, No buddy.

ECN "raw spread" accounts charge commission per trade and very tight spreads, specially the most liquid markets such as EURUSD, but that is during regular active trading hours during London and NY.

Minor pairs are gonna have fluctuating spread, it can be very tight, or it can go to 1 pip, sometimes even 2. I don´t know about exotic, there is no reason to trade those pairs, why? There are enough pairs in the majors already, you should specialize in one or focus on only two, three tops... Don´t fool yourself thinking you can keep track of all of them. Most of the time they are kind doing the same moves, sometimes with a bit of delay or at the same time. While you are checking one, the opportunity in another is gone when you go to check that other chart, and while you are checking the other chart, then you might missed the opportunity in the chart you were just checking, and so on.

ECN "raw spread" accounts charge commission per trade and very tight spreads, specially the most liquid markets such as EURUSD, but that is during regular active trading hours during London and NY.

Minor pairs are gonna have fluctuating spread, it can be very tight, or it can go to 1 pip, sometimes even 2. I don´t know about exotic, there is no reason to trade those pairs, why? There are enough pairs in the majors already, you should specialize in one or focus on only two, three tops... Don´t fool yourself thinking you can keep track of all of them. Most of the time they are kind doing the same moves, sometimes with a bit of delay or at the same time. While you are checking one, the opportunity in another is gone when you go to check that other chart, and while you are checking the other chart, then you might missed the opportunity in the chart you were just checking, and so on.

True......

Thanks buddy. Seriously he learned from Phantom? I thought that their course was bad too - bad delivery and sound like a bunch of kids jus reselling the method.

Yes,he probably learned from others as well, but this is his reference.

It's not that they explain it in a bad way, they're just all over the place... it's a bit like ICT really, but in a more refined and (much) simplified way, they teach you the basics and then it's your job to figure out how to put it all together... and each of their mentors trade in different way apparently.

Did not like the flipping markets stuff. I mean it is the same content, but the delivery is bad. The accent of the guy doesn´t help too.

Hmm... what do you mean by "bad" delivery?

Honestly, I find that most of these new SMC course sellers (lol) did a pretty good job narrowing down these methods. If you look at Wyckoff, Elliot Waves and Supply and Demand courses, their delivery is way worse. The only thing that compares would be retail Support and Resistance, but that is because in most cases they are straight up scams.

Either way, Flipping Markets has a PDF where he explains his whole strategy, but I'm guessing you're more interested in the live sessions though... Have you tried Precision Markets? He's not a student of Fractal Markets, but they studied together.

I did in fact develop my own "extra trick" to filter/choose order blocks or at least give way more confidence to enter the trade (by using one indicator). I just won´t reveal it as of now because I am pretty sure it´s gonna be copied and resold.

Awesome, I'm glad that you found your edge! And yes, that's a great idea. Most of these guys also learned it for free from these leaked courses, that's why they all coincidentally started remaking their courses at the same time and using the same terms (Inducements, CHoCH - Mr. Wyckoff says hello, lol). Have you noticed how they don't even finish their courses? They just keep very slowly updating the sections over the course of months, dragging it as much as they can so that people keep renewing their membership subscriptions.

They're always looking for the next big thing, just wait until they find out about Malaysian SnR... you will see how quickly they all will switch their strategies and start trashing SMC traders to sell their courses.

I agree to some extend, everyone can make a course. Anyone is profitable in hindsight and calling "potential levels" is not enough either.

But if you are an actual MENTOR and not just a course/illusion seller, who trades live and manages his trades live, who does 1 on 1, wouldn't it be fair to charge for your time?

@Darkz0r

I don´t think it´s fair to charge. They most likely learned for free too, and even if they didn´t , it´s not like they need the money. If you are a profitable trader in the markets, you reached the financial freedom, now help others and don´t be a greedy bastard.

There is no need for 1 to 1 stuff, that is ridiculous. Are people so useless they need someone to sit in their lap while they chew stuff and spit in their mouths?

You can easily put together a series of small videos straight to the point and showing what you do, there is no need for more than that. come on man people have to be very very slow to not be able to watch a video as many times it´s needed to learn something and repeat that. There is no coaching or no amount of hours of hand holding that can do that for you, that is on you to put the practice hours, the watching hours etc...

Do you really think that a successful trader wants to waste his precious free time babysitting noobs? Of course not... Those guys putting together the courses, updating youtube channels constantely with new videos, having to manage youtube, facebook, instagram tweeter, telegram , discord groups lol, look at all the time they have to spend tending for subscribers/students, where is their time to analyze the markets, trade, enjoy life and family in free time? The only reason they invest so much time and effort in their stuff is to keep the subscribers, as you said, the longest they can. When they noobs start discovering that the stuff they paid is all over the internet for free, and several other similar and better stuff for free as well, they drop out, they wake up...

@Darkz0r

I don´t think it´s fair to charge. They most likely learned for free too, and even if they didn´t , it´s not like they need the money. If you are a profitable trader in the markets, you reached the financial freedom, now help others and don´t be a greedy bastard.

This is an interesting discussion. Well, you're kinda right that a successful trader does not want to spend lots of time on courses or lessons.

However, I know of a successful trader who has a live account, and he's consistently profitable. Since I started following him, his account has minimal drawdown since about 2 years ago and is at equity high so far since then. He sells a monthly subscription with his daily reports and has a course he charges for as well. But he does not spend time on Youtube, Instagram or Twitter, so it doesn't take up his trading time. He doesn't have a family living with him, so I think he does it because trading is a solo activity, and it's nice having a community around. Also, he has a bit of an ego (not in a bad way, but he likes being right and has strong opinions about the market) so having a group of people following him is a form of validation.

It's about Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Once you fulfill your financial security through trading, you probably want to teach others to fulfill a greater need for your ego and self-actualization. Again, why is the mentor I mentioned above charging for his reports and course? I think it's fair if you put in that amount of work and research doing up the daily reports. And from his perspective, why give away the course for free when he put effort into creating it? It's not about the money, but the principle behind it.

There are some successful traders who gives away their material for free. But it's usually in the form of video courses or a PDF that they do not need to update daily.

Of course, there are many fake gurus who make money from selling courses and classes. As always, caveat emptor, let the buyer beware.

So the point I'm trying to make is, if a trader is successful, it's up to them whether to charge or not to charge for their course or material. There are however many fake gurus in this space, so just be very careful who you pay your money to. Do your own due diligence and research.

Edited by gisos

There is no need for 1 to 1 stuff, that is ridiculous. Are people so useless they need someone to sit in their lap while they chew stuff and spit in their mouths?

I agree. Nothing will ever replace your own hard work and as I always say, let the charts be your mentor.

But you know, it could be a good option if you just want to speed up your learning process. It's not always easy to put everything in one course... these markets are always changing and although the strategy remains the same, sometimes it might be a bit tricky to apply it under certain circumstances.

Also consider the following...

People have a need to "fit in" and be part of a "tribe". And I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but forums/chats are mostly filled with people who are lost and have no direction. The best way for people to fit in is to imitate those around them. Even if you had no problems before, if you spend a long enough time in a forum/chat full of lost people you yourself will become lost. The subconscious mind will determine its the best way for you to fit in.

Tell me how many people you see, in this forum or otherwise, jumping from one strategy to another, looking for the next big thing, the new holy grail... does it ever end?

Forums/chats also tend to encourage the behavior of "failure" and it is contagious. Just look for it in your personal reality, don't take my word for it. How many people you see blaming the mentors, strategies, indicators and whatnot? and how many follow right after in such scapegoating?

Make no mistake, this has nothing to do with "feedback" which is learning from making a mistake, failure is a state of mind of always being hopeless and blaming others, and it acts as a filter to your reality, it will filter out everything that doesn't align with this state of mind, no matter how obvious the solution might be.

But I'll leave it at that as I know this might trigger people off and I'm not particularly interested in dealing with others emotional projections.

That being said, perhaps it would be best for these people to find someone who has done what they want to do and learn from them, focusing on 1 thing at a time and not being a jack of all trades.

Do you really think that a successful trader wants to waste his precious free time babysitting noobs?

Of course not. But is it really wasting time if you're making risk-free money and you like teaching?

Those guys putting together the courses, updating youtube channels constantely with new videos, having to manage youtube, facebook, instagram tweeter, telegram , discord groups lol, look at all the time they have to spend tending for subscribers/students, where is their time to analyze the markets, trade, enjoy life and family in free time?

Not disagreeing with you here. Most of them do this and it makes you wonder...

But you can also go the other way around and say: "if they built a nice portfolio already and don't need to trade as often... why can't they invest in other activities to generate passive income?"

Either way, this is why I say to find a mentor who does live trading and trade management, this way it doesn't matter what you think the reason is, it just matters that he is legit...

I guess it depends on your morals. I would not feel good at all doing that. You are just taking advantage of desperate people to grab their money while you are already swimming in cash. It´s like shooting fish in a barrel. It´s low, beyond greedy. Help them and consider it charity work, or leave it to karma to balance it out... One way or another the result of your actions will bite you in the a**.

It´s a marvelous thing we got this forum, as a big FU to those type of guys...

Edited by logicgate

Despite what we think of these guys, they put their time and effort into these courses, yet people who bought the courses out of their own FREE WILL, are sharing them around without the author's permission. How should karma balance that out then?

Or does that not count because those people should not be charging for it in the first place? So is it our personal morals that determine "karma" after all? If that's the case then who's not to say the mentor believe he is doing the right thing? After all, he promised a course and a mentorship, he didn't promise to make you profitable, because well... that depends on the student himself! In many cases these leaks actually help promote their mentorships, how does one explain that? Good karma I suppose!

Now, I am thankful for all these courses being available for free. Many of us have been scammed for thousands already, too many dream sellers who just want to suck us dry. So at best you can use these resources to learn it all on your own and at worst, it helps you find someone worthy of your time and energy. But to sit here and act entitled on judge others for what they consider their time and effort is worth, all the while we're using our time pirating their courses and claiming we can learn it all for free on the internet when we're still here looking for new bits of info on their courses, that's not fair either man...

PS: I just waited before posting to see how many people would like your post... because they just proved precisely the kind of mindset/behavior I talked in my previous post. People just can't help themselves, oh well.

Edited by Darkz0r

Even though we disagree on the above point, I really appreciate it that you're considering teaching others for free, you're a good person! No that anyone needs me to say this, your posts speak for themselves and have served as guidance to many here, me included! I wish one day I can too have the patience to help others further! (hopefully for free, haha)

@Darkz0r

Thanks buddy, I hope you do.

I really don´t care about the "time and effort" they spent copying and pasting stuff to call it their own...If you are a profitable trader, you are making waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 95% of the planet, way more. I don´t care the "effort" someone put to make a video or talk to someone 1 on 1 to teach, you do it for free. Wanting more money just show the kind of person they are. But mate, the only reason they are selling this stuff and coming up with mentorship, private this private that is because they are not profitable.

Tell me just one guy who showed his balance, his track record, his account history... Show me one guy out there selling this stuff who flipped a US$50 -100 dollar account into 100K.

The ones who did are anonymous, in the shadows...

Complementing my post above:

What is the 1st thing those guys will say when you ask them to show their account, history, if they are profitable? "I don´t have anything to prove to you" LMAO! Of course they do, they have to put their money where their mouth is.

Do you know why real traders, profitable traders wouldn´t charge for teaching? First of course because they don´t need the money, and second because they don´t give a s*** about the money. Successful trader do not love money, they love trading, the game.

I really don´t care about the "time and effort" they spent copying and pasting stuff to call it their own...

Hmm... didn't mean it like that. I was just talking purely from a karma perspective, from what separates those who pirate these courses from those who create them through their own time and effort, of course this doesn't apply to everyone, some are indeed straight up copycats.

The great counterweight of FREE WILL is personal responsibility, so unless you were held at gunpoint to buy their course or they promised you profitability, it's your responsability to keep it to yourself unless told otherwise. Except of course, if you believe karma is determined by our own personal morals (Which I do, to some extend).

But mate, the only reason they are selling this stuff and coming up with mentorship, private this private that is because they are not profitable.

This is where we have to agree to disagree and that's fine, because that's your personal experience and I don't blame you. I'd be skeptical too if it weren't for validating experiences I've had.

Tell me just one guy who showed his balance, his track record, his account history...

Augusto from VVS has showed his myfxbook before and I believe he also showed it in one of his public youtube videos. Levi from ProficientFX also showed his myfxbook during one of our private classes. Apparently Tanz from Vertex did too (can't confirm this one as I didn't see it with my own eyes).

Show me one guy out there selling this stuff who flipped a US$50 -100 dollar account into 100K.

The ones who did are anonymous, in the shadows...

Yes, you are right they are in the shadows, but they charge for the mentorship as well! Just ask AKFX. (the guy who teaches SMC on youtube for free)

What is the 1st thing those guys will say when you ask them to show their account, history, if they are profitable? "I don´t have anything to prove to you" LMAO! Of course they do, they have to put their money where their mouth is.

Agreed 100%. I dont really know why its a big problem in this industry. Pretty normal standard in other industries.

Do you know why real traders, profitable traders wouldn´t charge for teaching? First of course because they don´t need the money, and second because they don´t give a s*** about the money. Successful trader do not love money, they love trading, the game.

Debatable. Alfonso Moreno is profitable and he doesn't like trading. He also charges you for his services.