'Trader dante 26 pre-recorded Lessons' from September 2018

khan114936

Hello!

Hope everyones well here (:

Does anyone have Trader Dantes '26 pre-recorded Lessons' from September 2018?

I'm not referring to the 'Special Webinars' Module 1,2 and 3 Nor his Edges for Ledges;

He has an updated course which consists of '26 pre-recorded Lessons & 10 pre-recorded Q&A Sessions from Sept 2018'

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hang on a min, I don't have edges for ledges. Anyone have the link?

How to draw levels (12:29)

A study in EUR/USD (9:01)

Avoiding a loss and how to effectively factor in spread when placing orders (13:06)

The circumstances under which I cancel an order (9:09)

Setting up my home office (14:46)

Using the ATR effectively (14:16)

The markets I trade and their correlations (10:33)

Defining the exact price to enter trades (14:27)

Defining targets (9:28)

The price action I want to see when trading a level (12:46)

The importance of process (10:40)

The conundrum of how far to try running a trade (7:57)

Best practices for building your trading business (17:18)

Identifying and trading a daily time frame bias (14:28)

Defining targets and managing our daily time frame bias trade (7:48)

Adding to trades (7:24)

A look at the R ratio (7:12)

Identifying and trading another daily time frame bias (13:06)

A routine for the perfect trading day (17:12)

Using price action to enter a trade versus a blind touch order (12:42)

Adding to trades and how to not be scared out of a position due to short term counter flows (6:51)

Liquidity pools (13:43)

The SFP (17:50)

How to cut a losing SFP early (6:20)

Executing when in drawdown and the evolving R (11:34)

Using the SFP as a daily bias and how to trade it on the hourly time frame (16:38)

Risk management (11:57)

Dealing with orders ahead of news and holding trades through news (7:54)

Trading after significant range expansion (10:59)

Ten more productive things to do than staring at charts (14:26)

A look at creating a visual map to aid trade execution (4:27)

How I deal with the issue of leaving orders at key levels if they are a long way away from market price (12:09)

How to effectively pre-empt a liquidity probe (12:28)

When to cancel an order depsite it being at a very strong level (5:47)

Anticipating liquidity probes continued (9:18)

How I traded whilst in a full time job (9:30)

Where I get early FX open prices from, a comparison of two open gaps and how I chose which to trade (9:02)

A detailed walk through of a setup in USD/CAD (11:08)

A look at why I stood aside from a great setup over FOMC (4:49)

Pulling an order based on the price action trading into it (6:26)

A detailed look at loss avoidance in Crude Oil (15:08)

Excerpt from my live trading course discussing price action in AUD/USD (0:50)

A Q&A Session (22:28)

A look at drawing a complete market map in EUR/USD (18:56)

A look at how the same bias is traded on both the short term and swing strategy and some other high probability trades (26:38)

Statistics

A look at inside weeks in the NZD/USD (12:38)

How I gather statistics with accompanying spreadsheet (18:41)

A look at open drives in the Bund (12:45)

The effectiveness of the bearish engulfing chart pattern (daily time frame) in Gold (11:34)

The effectiveness of the bearish engulfing chart pattern (daily time frame) in USD/CHF (7:09)

The effectiveness of the bearish engulfing chart pattern (weekly time frame) in NZD/USD (7:06)

A look at ATR boundaries in Bund (7:56)

A look at inside weeks in the AUD/USD (7:24)

The significance of the weekly open price in the EUR/USD (4:54)

A look at month ends in the Bund (10:21)

A comparison between the initial balance and cash initial balance in Bund (7:01)

A look at the cash initial balance breakout strategy in Bund versus Bobl (9:02)

A complete trading strategy in GBP/JPY (19:32)

A look at gaps in the EUR/USD (10:00)

those ones i dont have, anyone got? Thanks

it is on there. I believe it's 'Special Webinars Module 1'

What Is Taught On The Course?

Below are some of the key elements that are covered in the course:

Who you are playing against and the dynamics of the playing field

The relationship between probability and pay off in creating your edge.

The role of luck

The implications of trading as a business

Knowing yourself: What is your edge over the next trader? What is their edge over you? How to overcome your weaknesses and play to your strengths

How to set up a professional trading desk

The market dynamics: How markets move and advertise themselves to find value

Why the institutional traders need liquidity and specifically how they obtain it

How and where traders get trapped and what to look for to exploit this for profit

Exactly how and where to draw the most effective support/resistance levels

How to identify day types for estabilishing intraday directional biases

How to identify the key levels to do business at: Where to enter, place a stop and a profit target to swing trade effectively

How to read Market Profile charts to make better trading decisions

How to read order flow effectively from a DOM to not only refine entries but spot setups you can't see from standard charting pratices

How to read a footprint chart and use it to take high probability trades with excellent payoffs

How risk/reward is not a static concept and why moving to break even does not create a "free trade"

When to hold and when to fold: How to trail a stop effectively when the market moves in your favour

What to look for to get out of a losing position before the market hits your stop

How to manage risk and position size effectively

How to understand market correlations

How to build positions to achieve high returns

How to position into and out of news and trade market rumours effectively

How to keep an effective trading journal and analyse it to increase performance

Specific drills to practice to increase your trading performance

The specific routine to follow each day for success. How to organise yourself before, during and after market hours whether you are a full time of part time trader

How to devise a process for continual self improvement

How to build a detailed trading plan to achieve success and create a visual map to make sure you can identify profitable trades, quickly

that must be it.

it is on there. I believe it's 'Special Webinars Module 1'

What Is Taught On The Course?

Below are some of the key elements that are covered in the course:

Who you are playing against and the dynamics of the playing field

The relationship between probability and pay off in creating your edge.

The role of luck

The implications of trading as a business

Knowing yourself: What is your edge over the next trader? What is their edge over you? How to overcome your weaknesses and play to your strengths

How to set up a professional trading desk

The market dynamics: How markets move and advertise themselves to find value

Why the institutional traders need liquidity and specifically how they obtain it

How and where traders get trapped and what to look for to exploit this for profit

Exactly how and where to draw the most effective support/resistance levels

How to identify day types for estabilishing intraday directional biases

How to identify the key levels to do business at: Where to enter, place a stop and a profit target to swing trade effectively

How to read Market Profile charts to make better trading decisions

How to read order flow effectively from a DOM to not only refine entries but spot setups you can't see from standard charting pratices

How to read a footprint chart and use it to take high probability trades with excellent payoffs

How risk/reward is not a static concept and why moving to break even does not create a "free trade"

When to hold and when to fold: How to trail a stop effectively when the market moves in your favour

What to look for to get out of a losing position before the market hits your stop

How to manage risk and position size effectively

How to understand market correlations

How to build positions to achieve high returns

How to position into and out of news and trade market rumours effectively

How to keep an effective trading journal and analyse it to increase performance

Specific drills to practice to increase your trading performance

The specific routine to follow each day for success. How to organise yourself before, during and after market hours whether you are a full time of part time trader

How to devise a process for continual self improvement

How to build a detailed trading plan to achieve success and create a visual map to make sure you can identify profitable trades, quickly

that must be it.

No. He is referring to this.

https://trader-dante.com/enquire-about-trading-course/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Hi, posted in group buy to see if people are interested. IF you are interested then please let me know and we can hopefully sort something out. Not sure it's easily available online anywhere at the moment, other than to purchase.

Hi

I wonder if you purchased this course and if we can still contribute.

Best

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

Let me make this very clear.

I have been following Tom Dante for the past 15 months (since i started my trading journey).

I had his old course (the edge is no longer there on the H1 strategy, unless you want to lose money).

The D1 strategy offers very low RR not to mention the frequency of trades is also a problem. The signal is on the d1, which means you only have 240 candles per year, you're bound to have few trades.

If you want faster returns, you need to a) reduce timeframe b) increase markets followed. Obviously Dante never mention this, unless i skipped his lessons which i doubt i did. So you best be trading up to 30 markets if you want to clone his D1 strategy.

The new course (2018) is far more discretionary, with very *little* edge. He calls them, trading naked levels. Again, the RR is skewed as Dante trades levels. This is great if you have a 70% strike rate but awful if you are below 60 or 50. Your equity curve will quickly go in drawdown. Obviously Dante doesn't mention this either. All this guys talks about is how important journaling is and while i agree with him, no amount of journaling will help you unless you have an edge over the market. Read that again.

A side note.

A friend of mine did Dante's course back in 2018, he took a small account and live traded it to build it up as a challenge (By the way, during that year, Dantes attendance was very sporadic. The course was initially scheduled to last 3 months but it actually went on over a year due to so many missed sessions by him. As a result a lot of them lost interest towards the end and missed the live sessions but caught up on the recordings instead. My friend did tune into the group skype channel the following year where all the messages from him on that account were. And in short, he failed to turn a profit on that account.

Dante tried to defend the whole thing by claiming you can have these outlier years when there is no profit, but in the long run it is profitable. I am not doubting him - i think he is definitely a genuine guy. But it is something to keep in mind when not making equity highs that even he went on a long stretch failing to make profit.

Why do i say this? If you are not following his Bund strategy (5min) you're going to have a very tough time turning anything of his daily and swing strategy in profit. I also noticed in the recorded lessons from that year he was in the middle of a 5 month stretch with no equity highs on the bund strategy. I found that very surprising I have to say. On the bund I would have thought over a 5 month period he would have taken many trades for the edge to play out (Not so much with the swing strategy).

Cheers

Ledges as Dante says!

If you are not following his Bund strategy (5min) you're going to have a very tough time turning anything of his daily and swing strategy in profit.

Khan, thanks for the info.

Have you tried his Bund 5M strategy on any of the US index futures like ES/NQ/YM or bonds? Any feedback on profitablity with other instruments is appreciated.

Khan, thanks for the info.

Have you tried his Bund 5M strategy on any of the US index futures like ES/NQ/YM or bonds? Any feedback on profitablity with other instruments is appreciated.

As I have perviously mentioned.

I noticed in the recorded lessons that Dante was in the middle of a 5 month stretch with *no equity highs* on the bund strategy.

Guess what? That's gonna make it very hard for you to keep your head up when you're struggling in a period of drawdowns. But everyone goes through this. Not just Dantes strategies.

And that can be dangerous in its own right. Dante may have had an edge that failed to play out in that timeframe due to random distribution. But that's not to say that everyone who is not making a profit also has an edge. Most people make no profit due to not having an edge, This is after all a discretionary trading system. We are all here trading the framework yet we all take different trades. I think it is difficult to remain motivated for many months on end without getting some positive feedback on a process. Very difficult for doubts not to creep in on a strategy at that rate (unless you have many years of experience and data to refer to).

On the bund I would have thought over a 5 month period he would have taken many trades for the edge to play out, but it obviously took longer. How long? I don't know, ask Dante on twitter. Found that very surprising I have to say.

In addition to this, I also found another problem with the 5min Bund strategy. You can't *back test* on market delta or the ladder. Those are additional softwares that are need to trade the Bunds or ES/NQ/YM or whatever degenerate market you fuckers want to lose money on lol.

Take my feedback as a pinch of salt. This is my experience. Although, this experience has been common theme amongst *most* of Dantes students which is why he's never openly expressed his success rate when it comes to students. He has always always and always laboured the point that you shouldn't copy his system as its catered towards him. If someone does really well but you can't follow them, then what is the point. It's like having Messi or Ronaldo as your coach. You still can't play football. And it's his fault for making you think you can.

In all honestly, i am extremely upset and debilitated. I'd like to think that i am evolving and that i would not take (or else manage better) a lot of the losers i did take. But who knows - I may very well look back on this period as my purple patch. OR maybe the next few months hold great things. I think i need another few months to get a better picture.