James Dalton - Foundation & Application of the Market Profile

blazon

• 2 months later...

Guys forget about Dalton for market profile. The stuff he invented is just useless. All those types of days and types of opens, etc.. It is all bullshit, it does not provide any edge to you. You just gonna waste time. If you wanna learn how to use market profile properly:

Read Peter Steidlmeyer books "Steidlmeyer On Markets" which teaches you what it is, by it´s inventor.

Read Tom Alexander´s book "Practical Applications of Market Profile", and also watch his seminar posted by gadfly I think, it is his book in video format practically. He ditched all the fluff and useless stuff invented by Dalton and kept on what works.

Watch Robin Mesch (Mesch Method) presentation teaching how to use market profile properly, you can find all this here in the forum.

When I was starting I too wasted a lot of time with Dalton stuff, it is bullshit. And he is also a bad trader, if you watch enough of his videos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Market Profile approach looks very enticing, but I cannot find an indicator for Market Profile / Volume Profile / Horizontal Volume for Tradestation. There is something there called Action Profile, which is similar but is tied to a bar and I would like to see a big picture. Is there anyone here who uses it with Tradestation?

Thank you in advance

• 9 months later...
Hi Logic, can you provide the link to the post for "Practical Applications of Market Profile" seminar. I can't seem to find it. I've looked through gadfly' posts aswell. Thanks.

https://we.tl/t-07EHGZrPev

How to open this file. It just takes me to wetransfer site and keeps saying we are nearly ready with a download button below but never activates for the download

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This thread is loaded with helpful information. Thanks a lot @logicgate and @gadfly

Can you share your opinion on what are the best course for a beginner to learn about Volume Profile and Order Flow. The names I am reading are Trader dale for Volume Profile and Trading Research Group for Order Flow.

thanks

Edited by Bulak

• 9 months later...

Audio course with workbooks.....

Jim Dalton Complete Market Profile Audio Course

[spoiler=MP-Course]1) Basic: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9596xbwcv5pa1lj

2) Advanced: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ij6fyozyjrjbd4

Re: logicgates comments: "forget about Dalton for market profile" - etc.

I've been told by an insider that what he knows and what he'll teach publicly are two different things, i.e., he holds back key certain key concepts which, if revealed, would stymy his ability to sell future courses. But in case you haven't noticed, almost all trading instructors do this, it's just that some do it more than others - not counting those who don't really understand the subject they're teaching.

Edited by gadfly