Traderbeauty's 101 & beyoned...

mastertrader7

Thanks Jane...you are a straight shooter, there is no doubt about that!!!

I wouldn't second guess some previous examples mixed in with the live ones. As with most learning, repetition helps things sink in.

Thanks as always!!!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an example of a smaller leg inside a bigger leg.

The bigger trend is down.

We are looking for a retrace back to 61.8% or 78.6%.

On the bigger time frame, we get a retrace back to 78.6%.

On the smaller time frame, we get a leg up, a retrace down to 61.8%, then up to 127.2%.

Bigger leg retrace 78.6% = Smaller leg extension to 127.2%

http://i.imgur.com/NjfpGZp.png

http://i.imgur.com/bq9o9Yg.jpg

Edited by zbear

Here is another example of leg retrace setup. These are probably some of highest probability trade setups you will get.

On the bigger time frame RJ 10-2, the trend is up and we are looking for a retrace, typically to 61.8% or 78.6%.

On the smaller time frame RJ 5-1, we start seeing a pullback to about 50%, Leg A.

Then it starts to go back up to 61.8%, Leg AB.

If Leg A continues, we are looking for about 100% extension, Leg BC.

This would have put us at 61.8% retrace of the bigger time frame RJ 10-2.

Retrace 61.8% RJ 10-2 = ABC leg correction = dLVN

If you see Leg A and predict that it might continue down, you would have entered at 61.8% retrace of Leg A and put your stop at the last high plus a tick.

Your target is 61.8% retrace of RJ 10-2 or you can scale out here if trading multiple contracts.

This trade setup has an R/R of 1:3.

Leg BC is your highest probability trade in this setup.

The market moves around in a jumbled mess and that's the whole point of the market is to confuse you. But sometimes everything lines up and you see something that pops out at you. This takes time, practice, and a lot of patience. I'm still learning everyday and I'm sure there's a lot more to learn in the future.

Enjoy everyone!

http://i.imgur.com/R4kIQep.png

Edited by zbear

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Here is another example of leg retrace setup. These are probably some of highest probability trade setups you will get.

On the bigger time frame RJ 10-2, the trend is up and we are looking for a retrace, typically to 61.8% or 78.6%.

On the smaller time frame RJ 5-1, we start seeing a pullback to about 50%, Leg A.

Then it starts to go back up to 61.8%, Leg AB.

If Leg A continues, we are looking for about 100% extension, Leg BC.

This would have put us at 61.8% retrace of the bigger time frame RJ 10-2.

Retrace 61.8% RJ 10-2 = ABC leg correction = dLVN

If you see Leg A and predict that it might continue down, you would have entered at 61.8% retrace of Leg A and put your stop at the last high plus a tick.

Your target is 61.8% retrace of RJ 10-2 or you can scale out here if trading multiple contracts.

This trade setup has an R/R of 1:3.

Leg BC is your highest probability trade in this setup.

The market moves around in a jumbled mess and that's the whole point of the market is to confuse you. But sometimes everything lines up and you see something that pops out at you. This takes time, practice, and a lot of patience. I'm still learning everyday and I'm sure there's a lot more to learn in the future.

Enjoy everyone!

http://i.imgur.com/R4kIQep.png

what is the name of the indicator for volume profile? if its cracked one pls reupload

• 1 month later...

the heart of my method is price action using fibs- if the fib is not fulfilled then i know that something is wrong in the move.

no need to use anything else just few charts and a short term chart to see buyers-sellers so you dont hit your head against the wall.

The reason i only trade the ES is because it follows the fibs very very accurate unlike the cl which chops around very fast and does not give you time to absorb the data and info.

thats my 5 cents advise.

Jane

i have been working for the last year on a unique method for day trading using short term time frames , stops of 2-4 ticks max and profit between 2-7 points (ES only ).

its all based on price action and fibs- nothing else.

the only indicators i use are a right lane colored moving average just for reference and acme trend 1-2.

of course i am watching the buyers-sellers also on a 1 tick plain renko chart.

the results are very good around 80-90 % success but keep in mind that i have been spending hundreds of hours on screen time learning and watching all the market tricks.

this method is working in any type of market including consolidation , chop or strong trends.

i might post some live examples in the future if i have the time.

all you need is one contract- nothing else.

stop the search for the magic indicator or strategy that will do the job for you- there is nothing like that .

just use your brain.

i am attaching my charts- very simple- hardly any indicators- enjoy

take care

jane

8AHkW4v.png

here is the direct link for the image

https://i.imgur.com/8AHkW4v.png

i have been working for the last year on a unique method for day trading using short term time frames , stops of 2-4 ticks max and profit between 2-7 points (ES only ).

its all based on price action and fibs- nothing else.

the only indicators i use are a right lane colored moving average just for reference and acme trend 1-2.

of course i am watching the buyers-sellers also on a 1 tick plain renko chart.

the results are very good around 80-90 % success but keep in mind that i have been spending hundreds of hours on screen time learning and watching all the market tricks.

this method is working in any type of market including consolidation , chop or strong trends.

i might post some live examples in the future if i have the time.

all you need is one contract- nothing else.

stop the search for the magic indicator or strategy that will do the job for you- there is nothing like that .

just use your brain.

i am attaching my charts- very simple- hardly any indicators- enjoy

take care

jane

8AHkW4v.png

here is the direct link for the image

https://i.imgur.com/8AHkW4v.png

hi Jane

please add little more description of your system

you are absolutely correct- today the es was not easy- the market kept changing directions with a very low volume- so you have to adapt and stick and follow the market-

so this is what i traded this morning- long, shoshort , short,

then once i saw the double bottom and got confirmation i went long0 saw the double top got out - i totally missed that last short because it went so fast - within 2 seconds and i did not want to short at the bottom- end of the move.

but you can see that no matter what you can trade anything.

now- obviously this is not my entire system but its the heart- you need to watch higher time frames and decide where the market is going.

hope this clarifies.

jane

noREcv2.png