Please help, NT7 Indicators taking too long

bomdila

Hi friends, I have NT7 7.0.1000.22 in my PC. Till Monday, everything was running smoothly but now as I right click on a chart and click 'Indicators', it takes more than 5 minutes to load indicators. I have removed all recent custom indicators, repaired DB and also excluded NT7 folders in AV (Quickheal Total Security). Please help

Hi friends, I have NT7 7.0.1000.22 in my PC. Till Monday, everything was running smoothly but now as I right click on a chart and click 'Indicators', it takes more than 5 minutes to load indicators. I have removed all recent custom indicators, repaired DB and also excluded NT7 folders in AV (Quickheal Total Security). Please help

When I run into issues like this, I take the opportunity to clean up my ninja. I remove all (except the ones that came with ninja) my indicators/strategies to a separate folder, remove all my dll's, restart, compile, and then see if the issue is gone. I then add back only the things I know I use. It is painful to do it, but I am always better off when I go through that process (I have only done it a few times).

If you don't want to do all that, it may be a custom DLL, or you can also try clearing your db folder (you will lose all your settings if you delete the sdf, but sometimes that causes problems too).

When I run into issues like this, I take the opportunity to clean up my ninja. I remove all (except the ones that came with ninja) my indicators/strategies to a separate folder, remove all my dll's, restart, compile, and then see if the issue is gone. I then add back only the things I know I use. It is painful to do it, but I am always better off when I go through that process (I have only done it a few times).

If you don't want to do all that, it may be a custom DLL, or you can also try clearing your db folder (you will lose all your settings if you delete the sdf, but sometimes that causes problems too).

HI bomdila--Hey JDizzle22--

Sorry to hear U R having issues--- obviously something U have loaded is causing the issue--and I have no other suggestions besides as JD has mentioned---It sux but the IMO only surefire solution is one in which JD mentions---It is a process of elimination starting from scratch--U start fresh and one by one add any indi one at a time--restart NT and check to see if the issue U R experiencing exists--If no---Move on to the next indi--restart nt---Repeat over and over--

I know this does not help but just wanted to re-confirm what JD offered as a solution is genuine(even though it Sux)

Take care

Have a great weekend!!

edit: to be clearer dont just restart NT and all is good--- connect to live data load chart and indi and see if experiencing issue-- in other words whatever conditions where present when U experienced problem---U need to recreate them to get accurate

Edited by newbie0101

HI bomdila--Hey JDizzle22--

Sorry to hear U R having issues--- obviously something U have loaded is causing the issue--and I have no other suggestions besides as JD has mentioned---It sux but the IMO only surefire solution is one in which JD mentions---It is a process of elimination starting from scratch--U start fresh and one by one add any indi one at a time--restart NT and check to see if the issue U R experiencing exists--If no---Move on to the next indi--restart nt---Repeat over and over--

I know this does not help but just wanted to re-confirm what JD offered as a solution is genuine(even though it Sux)

Take care

Have a great weekend!!

edit: to be clearer dont just restart NT and all is good--- connect to live data load chart and indi and see if experiencing issue-- in other words whatever conditions where present when U experienced problem---U need to recreate them to get accurate

Also you might wish to "Reset" the DB if the other suggestions doesn't resolve your other issues. Further depending upon your laptops memory and hard drive you might wish to do a cleanup and defrag the disk.

Hope this help.

Also you might wish to "Reset" the DB if the other suggestions doesn't resolve your other issues. Further depending upon your laptops memory and hard drive you might wish to do a cleanup and defrag the disk.

Hope this help.

I have tried repairing/resetting DB and removed some of custom indicators/dll. my pc has enough memory and cpu and it's quite fast but still I am facing the same problem.