john.maddog.doe

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can you guys get Historical data with those license Emu's ?

The expire message is gone but now I can't get any historical data.

Yep, having same issue here. It started on or about Dec 30 or maybe the 31st (North American dates). I have tried v5.01 and v5.03, along with formerly valid license keys and the one supplied in the RAR posted here.

There are various ways and combinations that NT receives it's data, depending on your broker and data feeds: historical data can come from one source, and real time data can come from another - NT themselves offers CQG data for 'free' which means your broker (assuming you have a real & funded account) gives you the realtime price data, but all historical data actually comes from NT controlled servers, which basically capture the realtime CQG data, and they then push that as historical data to you, when you ask for it. If historical data is greyed out when you right click on a chart, that is a telltale sign of a license issue. If you check your 'log' tab, there is connection made to NT infrastructure to get this data: to 64.202.118.179/31654 - it is probably failing. There are also 'failed to verify license' messages in the log: I expect the historical data comes from the IP address, and at minimum the license check is failing so we get no historical data from NT. Through some tinkering, I've got reason to believe NT may also be blocking access from specific IP addresses, and is no longer allowing historical data to go through.

In the meantime, if it is feasible for you, assuming you can still be getting realtime data from a real broker or some source, it is possible to have that captured and stored as your 'historical data' on your local PC by changing some NT7 settings, but it requires having your PC on at all times. Certainly not ideal nor a real solution. :(

P.S. - If you guys are going to post your experiences, pls post the version of the emulator you're using, the NT key, and any data/broker combinations, to help with troubleshooting.

depends on the version you are on as ver .7 connects to hist server 64.202.118.179/31654 but ver .11 connects to .181 I think and works fine for historical data so bet they have just blocked access to .179.

Solution is to upgrade from .7 or get historical data ie iqfeed.

i tried messing about with a proxy to push all requests from .179 to .181 but no luck

I was also using this version during 2012 but I also have the same issues. I think we will need zeraw or john to educate ninja so it will work since the emulator does not seem to be the problem once the system clock is set back to 2012 and the charts say ninjatrader 2012. However, the reload historical data is still greyed out, which makes me believe t678d and osijek1289 are correct with the solution being to upgrade from .7. Despite my limited knowledge it seems that a Ninjatrader.Core.dll patch for version 10/11 would do the trick. Any help would greatly be appreciated.