[share] Rubicon EA

Hi all,

there were a lot of people looking for an EA that will trade the Rubicon indicator (including myself),

and I wasn't able to find any, except for that fxtool thing which requires a monthly subscription...

so I hired a programmer to do it for me,

here it is:

http://minus.com/mSbLFWziT

I also added a martingale option, works best on GBPUSD, EURUSD H4

Enjoy :) and feel free to improve it, I included the code too.

Edit: In order for it to work you will have to rename the Rubicon indicator to this "Rubicon_Indicator_with_alert.ex4" The Rubicon indicator can be found on this forum, if you don't already have it.

Edit: Included trading.mqh

Edited by baxter

Hi all,

there were a lot of people looking for an EA that will trade the Rubicon indicator (including myself),

and I wasn't able to find any, except for that fxtool thing which requires a monthly subscription...

so I hired a programmer to do it for me,

here it is:

http://minus.com/mWURUf8Wv/

I also added a martingale option, works best on GBPUSD H4

Enjoy :) and feel free to improve it, I included the code too.

Faulty share. Needs Rubicon Indicator. MQ4 file 'aint compiling :hammer:

what timeframe is it best on?

In his latest webinar (youtube) they recommend 1 hour for "strongtrending market"...like we are having now...otherwise they usually use the 30 min and scale down to 5 min for entry.....however, there were 3 entries today on AUDUSD 15 min for close to 70 pips (sell)...which all occured AFTER price closed below the rubicon.....watch as many videos as possible on youtube for further insight...good luck!!

Edited by rick

hey rick

so are you saying that although your EA traded profitably it didnt strictly follow the rules of the rubicon system?

thanks

In his latest webinar (youtube) they recommend 1 hour for "strongtrending market"...like we are having now...otherwise they usually use the 30 min and scale down to 5 min for entry.....however, there were 3 entries today on AUDUSD 15 min for close to 70 pips (sell)...which all occured AFTER price closed below the rubicon.....watch as many videos as possible on youtube for further insight...good luck!!

hey rick

so are you saying that although your EA traded profitably it didnt strictly follow the rules of the rubicon system?

thanks

Sorry....I was referring to manual trading...not the EA.....Frank O'Connor, the indicator originator stopped by the skype group to suggest that the 1 hour be used on a strong trending market......

Edited by rick

• 2 months later...

I rename the indicator but the message is can not open indicator...

Matuka1968

Matuka, this is an Expert Advisor (EA), not an indicator. You have to put the Rubicon_EA.ex4 into the experts folder. So beware, this is not for manual trading as the EA will open and manage trades for you. If you're looking for the indicator, just do a search on this forum.

To use the EA, please refer post 1, 6 and 9 of this thread.

Remember to close your MT4 and restart it.

Edited by murtamad

Dear Baxter,

I liked your EA for Rubicon, it is not doing so well in live.

Maybe have another nice indi that is almost the same but maybe gives better results.

I trade it manual for a while and it does very well.

If I not bother you 2 much please have a look at it.

(not able to send it true this forum)

Thanks a lot,

Gert from the Netherlands

[email protected]

Trading.mqh is only needed when you recompile the EA.

To use the EA you only need the Rubicon_EA.ex4 and the indicator (Rubicon_Indicator_with_alert.ex4).

i have some errors with compiling, for example: '.....Function "ClearHiddenStops" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file ...' ...also some errors of the same type, why?

• 4 months later...