just to make you drool

its bad coding. no reason why something must work with 4 digit broker. unless its a rubbish idea to start with.

Perhaps ! I explore another reason : the terminal ! it seems that some differences exist between two brokers with the "same" mt4 platform. Some difference in hidden parameters ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Klod,

I just read the thread and am surprised not to have seen this issue raised. There are a few of these positions throughout your report. Why is that?

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/1007/alibaba5b.jpg

P.S.

Au fait, dans quelle ville habitez-vous?

Do you use it for news trading ?

Yes. I want to take the big variations of EURUSD

Au fait, dans quelle ville habitez-vous? A Givry (71640, 5000 habitants près de Chalon sur Saône (Saône et Loire, Bourgogne du sud)

it seems that is a problem of spread: On FXCM the spread on the backtest was 6 pips . But today, the spread is 2.6 and the ea is profitable.

a test on admiral markets (spread 1 pip) is more profitable than on activtrades (spread 2 pips) and on tatawul Fx (spread 2 pips) and the results of backtests on the two last brokers are about the same.

no wonder its not working live...

http://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/alibaba-92/314153

claudeh5 | Mail | Widgets | Settings | Sign out

Sponsored by

Home

Portfolio

Strategies

Systems

Community

Reviews

Contests

Tue, Jun 5, 08:21:50 GMT

You Are Here : Home / Portfolio / alibaba 9.2

Discuss (0) Custom Analysis

alibaba 9.2

Demo (EUR), ActivTrades

Track Record Verified

Trading Privileges Not Verified

HTML CSV PDF

Info

Stats

General

Gain: +66.44%

Abs. Gain: +66.44%

Daily: 7.55%

Monthly: 703.20%

Drawdown: 12.27%

Balance: €8321.77

Equity: (100.00%) €8321.77

Highest: (Jun 05) €8321.77

Profit: €3321.77

Interest:€0.00

Deposits: €5000.00

Withdrawals:€0.00

Updated:1 minute ago

Tracking:0

More

Chart

Growth

Balance

Profit

Drawdown

Trading

Periods

Goals

Browser New

Gain (Difference) Profit (Difference) Pips (Difference) Win % (Difference) Trades (Difference) Lots (Difference)

Today +25.86% (-6.27%) €1709.75 (+€102.05) 22.00 (-15.0) 100% (+50%) 3 (+1) 32.30 (+24.91)

This Week +66.29% (+66.21%) €3317.45 (+€3313.13) 59.00 (+18.0) 80% (+45%) 5 (-12) 39.69 (+23.69)

This Month +68.41% (+69.58%) €3380.28 (+€3438.79) 117.00 (+134.0) 57% (+32%) 14 (+6) 53.62 (+51.55)

This Year +66.44% ( - ) €3321.77 ( - ) 100.00 ( - ) 45% ( - ) 22 ( - ) 55.69 ( - )

Advanced Statistics

Trades

Summary

Hourly

Daily

Risk Of Ruin

Duration

Trades: 22

Profitability:

Pips: 100.0

Average Win: 17.80 pips / €415.82

Average Loss: -6.50 pips / -€69.70

Lots: 55.69

Commissions: €0.00

Longs Won: (6/9) 66%

Shorts Won: (4/13) 30%

Best Trade(€): (Jun 04) 1963.43

Worst Trade(€): (Jun 04) -355.73

Best Trade (Pips): (Jun 01) 72.0

Worst Trade (Pips): (Jun 04) -16.0

Avg. Trade Length: 30m

Profit Factor: 4.97

Standard Deviation: €489.83

Sharpe Ratio: 0.28

Z-Score (Probability): -0.62 (46.47%)

Expectancy: 4.5 Pips / €150.99

AHPR: 2.73%

GHPR: 2.34%

Au fait, dans quelle ville habitez-vous? A Givry (71640, 5000 habitants près de Chalon sur Saône (Saône et Loire, Bourgogne du sud)

I will be driving from Avignon to Amsterdam tomorrow...and will wave when I pass Chalon sur Saône...it's right on my route! :)

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Yes. I want to take the big variations of EURUSD

====

told you it was doctored...

can anyone confirm the drop reported by freddy on an actual chart on that day?

my charts (alpari uk) are telling me that it took from 3am until about midday for it to fall that distance...

====

told you it was doctored...

can anyone confirm the drop reported by freddy on an actual chart on that day?

my charts (alpari uk) are telling me that it took from 3am until about midday for it to fall that distance...

i use the metaquotes data. You can download the same data in mt4 terminal : Archives or F2 EURUSD M1 and M5

Edited by klod

WHY ?

what it is not "doctored" is that: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/claudeh5/alibaba-92/314153

===

doctored = changed, tampered with, fake

and to answer your question, no, because that ^^ does not show the price drop / statement that you posted earlier.

What broker did you do the backtest on? I want to see that trading day in the chart, and see the price drop 130 points in under a minute. I'm not saying that it can't drop that far that fast, just that i cannot verify it on an actual chart (hence making your statement / back-test questionable).

'cmon dude... we all know the internet is full of crooks, thieves and liars...

the only way you are ever going to get people to believe you here is to post the ea...

sharing is caring...

the unwillingness to post it makes your motives questionable. you have back-tests, they are "fantastic" (if unbelievable), so I don't see why you wouldn't post it... the bit about "forward testing it for a month" is just rubbish if your back-tests are to be believed...

otherwise it's just you waving your manhood in peoples faces proclaiming how big it is (when all you have is a balloon <hot air... get it??> stuffed in your shorts)

Oh great one, the superior Forex Over Lord, the Master of this thread forgive us for doubting you, for you are truly the Great One.

Open Sesame ^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^

erm... hangabout....

The trade opened at the top, and closed at the bottom in the same minute. If the minute was different i.e. 14:14 to 14:15 then this might make sense... but

You can only get a massive gap like that *BETWEEN* bars.

The timing on the test was 14:15 - 14:15, so the bar should be a SOLID GREEN LINE all the way from the top to the bottom!

All this proves is that he's not even good at photoshop. 10/10 for your effort though...

If the price gapped down like that, the broker wouldn't be so kind as to take your trade (open AND close) during the gap, as it appears on the chart, and blindly donate you the money.

You would be filled at the open of the "next bar" but hangon, this should be the SAME BAR, as we are on a 5 minute chart, and the trade was opened and closed in the same minute...

it could be a flaw in MT4 ... wouldn't be the first...

erm... hangabout....

Well aren't yez the bright spark now filled with a great sense of humour unlikely but definitely playin' at some form of propitiation? I was bein' sarcastic and tryin' to have a joke.

Didn't work too well I guess ;))

Klod. Why don't you just be keepin' it to yerself, make some pips, be happy and keep yer mouth shut instead of irritatin' the pip hungry people on this forum now? <):)

Edited by callahan

Klod. Why don't you just be keepin' it to yerself, make some pips, be happy and keep yer mouth shut instead of irritatin' the pip hungry people on this forum now?

You are right. I beg your pardon for this thread.

• 4 weeks later...