• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to use SUPPLY and DEMAND Area for LST's Confirmation

http://trading-price-action.blogspot.com/

Captain/Kapten,

you are not updating your blog anymore?

Well, trading is taking the whole focus while the decision is within second. I can't update it daily. By the way this week-end I posted one trading that point out the importance of SUPPLY and DEMAND Area.

It's an overnight short trade taken during US Session at Supply area on May 10th and reach its Take Profit at Demand Area on May 11st after Asian Box. Result 70 Pips for a single trade without scale in.

Check this post for analysis:

http://trading-price-action.blogspot.com/2012/05/70-pips-gbpusd-short-may-10th.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-G8-At6Fd7pk/T6521hRIbBI/AAAAAAAAADE/STZzw7NAsbs/s640/05-11-12-gu1a.jpg

I did an internal search for 'Ed Burke' but didnot realise 'CNBC $500,000 ebook' contain it.

I do external search on 4shared and found it.

So It is alright to forgive me ? LOL

Some says that The $500,000 ebook are blurry without its 18 series e-mail. In one of the e-mail tutorial he also explain about MACD divergence just like LST.

Well, trading is taking the whole focus while the decision is within second. I can't update it daily. By the way this week-end I posted one trading that point out the importance of SUPPLY and DEMAND Area.

It's an overnight short trade taken during US Session at Supply area on May 10th and reach its Take Profit at Demand Area on May 11st after Asian Box. Result 70 Pips for a single trade without scale in.

http://trading-price-action.blogspot.com/2012/05/70-pips-gbpusd-short-may-10th.html

Good stuff mate. Any chance of you posting the adr indicator and the other indicators (other than LST) that you are using on this chart.

much appreciated.

Also, it's unclear tp me how you set your sl in the blog as you said a few pips above the high but your SL on the chart (yellow line) looks to be much lower than the high made during the forming of the divergence.

Edited by eatsheetandmultiply

A different Approach with Divergences & BB. LST cannot show this divergence with this distance.

http://i.imgur.com/mdpDT.jpg

Edited by KelvinHand

Good stuff mate. Any chance of you posting the adr indicator and the other indicators (other than LST) that you are using on this chart.

much appreciated.

Also, it's unclear tp me how you set your sl in the blog as you said a few pips above the high but your SL on the chart (yellow line) looks to be much lower than the high made during the forming of the divergence.

As I said, I assume that you are familiar with Steve Mauro's Market Maker Method and have a little knowledge on Sam Seiden's Supply and Demand. The box is Asian Session Box and US Session Box. The ADR marker is also part of MMM. There are 2 vertical lines of Frankfurt and London open. And SupDem_v2, I just modified the code to make the lower right logo disappear. Scroll back few page to get the link to this indi.

I probably have to make my post more simple and show step to step.

1. (as stated in the post) On the 2nd pic, the upper dashed red line is SL, the lower red line is TP and the yellow line is Entry line.

2. The SL was initially above the extreme high/above the red divergence line/above circle-2 but later lowered a little above the entry line 2 hours before Asian box.

Edited by Captain

Buy? if it's that good, we can recommend it for JP Morgan's traders.. it would be an easy substitute for their systems after $2b loss.. don't you think?

Its a Tool, I'd like emphasized it more that it's a tool. No tool could grant you success instead of just help you. You don't have to use LST as long as you understand the concept. And the tool become useless if you don't understand the concept. Read Divergence Guide of LST and Russ Horn FMM and you don't have to have LST.

I could see the divergence with MACD and LST help me point it out without me having to move around the cross hair on every chart. I need all the focus, some times I missed but LST show its line.

A simple painting brush has no use to non-painter but give it to Picasso. Even just a pencil can make a good painting in the hand of good skilled painter. Same as trading.

So LST would not grant you a success trader but your willingness to build your trading skill and use just any tool

It's a good system and Captain has proven it and used it in his path to a professional trader. Buy it, it's not expensive.

Well, maybe $ 150 is a lot to some people especially in the 3rd country, some would say that if $ 150 is too much then you should not be trading at all. Some would like to educate it. While some traders realize that not all system sold on the Net are reliable, some would be, some called, Cr*p.

Therefore Some would like to try it before buying it. I knew that some traders make use the 60 days money back guarantee.

It doesn't matter which point we stand, its all back to our respective believe. I could only respect your respective believe.

Lets develop our trading skill

A different Approach with Divergences & BB. LST cannot show this divergence with this distance.

http://i.imgur.com/mdpDT.jpg

It's a good point to be explore deeper later. But basically like this (base on my observation).

The point is that LST has filter the set up for you and only take the divergence around the extreme area of the "RESPECTIVE MOVE/TIME FRAME" that is less reliable to be compare to the divergence with the far back swing point unless with its respective move/time frame, means you have to switch to larger TF to have the divergence caught by LST as it make it in to its "RESPECTIVE MOVE). I didn't say it's not reliable, but "Less Reliable".

Why is that?

If you've read Russ Horn's FMM you'd understand what has the price done that create such divergence (in MACD could be histogram or lines). Lets assume that MACD set to default 12,26,9 then this set would measure the wide distance of its respective MA on the price chart. The farther the distance between the 2 MA on price chart, the farther the move of MACD line indicator from its base zero line. And the wider the MACD line from its signal line the farther the histogram would be.

That's why during a strong movement the price would keep divergent. Thus the slowing strength of momentum doesn't guarantee a reversal. Price action does.

So to me it would be less relevant to compare momentum strength of today's move with momentum of 2 - 3 days back in M15 chart unless switched to H1-H4 chart that make them a comparable move/momentum.

I believe this point is worth of value that make me sad if later somehow being deleted.

Edited by Captain

You have been very helpful sharing your path to professional trader at your blog. However, the horizontal dashed lines can only show the price level but not where (in time) are the entries or exits or SL. So when one looks at a MT4 chart with horizontal dashed lines, one wouldn't know where along the several hours span of 15 mins chart to understand the trade descriptions text. You could be explaining the trade at 10GMT but one may be looking at the dashed lines at 6GMT or 14GMT, because the dashed lines span across the chart horizontally. The trade or SL can be anywhere on that chart. I think this is a common problem with MT4 chart pictures unfortunately.

Well, that's why I mainly using word "Asian Box" and "US Box" instead of GMT/Time so if I said I place shorts after a divergence and price rejection during US session on 10th then reader would look at the US box and the date below (US Session on 10th) and compare it to their own MT4 chart, then I expect they would know where the entry was without a must to convert GMT hours. But maybe these still confusing as not everyone knows MMM.

But, my main point was the power of Supply and Demand of Sam Seiden.

Hi Captain,

Thank you so much for all the useful info. You mentioned that you have grown to a professional trader. Would you mind tell us a little bit more about your growth path? How long did it take you to grow from a newbie to a professional trader? Do you only trade Forex? Thanks!

Excuse me, I never said I am a professional trader. Sam Seiden and Steve Mauro said that professional trader are those who are capable of moving the price with the large capital they control. While we are just retail trader trying to be on the right side of the market by reading their traces.

I was initially learn Stock attracted by its margin strategy thinking that currency movement are so small and limit the potential gain, know nothing about leverage of forex. I did save the forex material I got during the learn of STOCK at different folder.

In the mid of 2009 I was attracted to forex after accidentally read Sure Fire Trading Challenge file where the 1st Champion gain 11.000% return in 1 month, 2nd - 3.100% etc. Unfortunately the system and strategy of the 1st champion are not in the SFT 2008-2009 package. As far as I remember indos didn't have this system either.

I searched SFT file after file on the net but none of them include 1st champion strategy. But I know that in each champion strategy pdf contain identity of the trader. So my next step of finding the name of the 1st SFT champion.

I found the name "Omotade" then search the net for PDF contains text "Omotade", I was lucky to find the strategy and applying it.

But I was a newbie know nothing about Price Action. I was failed. It was later after understand PA that I understand how did Omotade success with his strategy. It was the power of scale in and his discipline to close the trade as his system told. Only that Omotade add to loosing position as long as his long time trend in his direction that I think are dangerous so I now applying it in scale in adding to winning position where the winning portion of every stage determine/grant the entry for the next entry. This strategy make profit grow exponentially.

I failed with Omotade's 11.000% gain strategy so I began moving around searching for "Holly Grail". I've tried every mechanical system, FSS, Karl Dit, Lindencourt, FFM, Market U turn, Big Dog, 3 ducks, Black Diamond, Triad Trade, Advance Synergy basket trading, 45 sniper, Brain Trading, DDFX, FSS, Forex Bliss, Forex Siphon, Phoenix, angora, Trading in the buff, turtle trading and many2 more.

Still during this journey I've gone through some good concept but less success as I have not switch my perception to Price Action perception like Volume Spread Analysis, Proctor's Elliot Wave University, El Wave, Steve Nison, Hector Deville series, Bill Poulos series, David Weiss, Chriss Lori, Mike Baghdaddy, Fx Mentor series, Fx Candle Stick course.

Later in early 2011 I get in to STAR trading system, then Steve Mauro's Market Maker Method, RSI Pro, Sam Seiden and XLT, Martin Cole but only after I read YTC PAT in Oktober 2011 that it successfully transform my perspective in to Price Action Trading. Later I get to Al Brooks series, "Trading in the Zone", Russ Horn FMM and LST.

It was Sam Seiden concept and YTC PAT that change the way I trading and see not the chart and the price but buyer and seller who move the market. Then Al Brooks sharpen it. But remember that this skill are already formed over time.

Later Then I looked back with different perspective to MMM, SupDem, STAR etc and then I can say that "All system talk on the same thing with different language"

It was involving some good friend that I couldn't mention all here. I wouldn't be like this without the help of them.

But all takes determination and efforts like how I found Omotade's system. Please realize that If someone put the food in to your mouth, the food became less value compare to if you put effort to find it. Like YTC PAT, maybe many download it but rare that read it to find its value.

But everyone has to find their own path. I couldn't tell anybody to follow such path. I could only tell the destination.

Edited by Captain

As I said, I assume that you are familiar with Steve Mauro's Market Maker Method and have a little knowledge on Sam Seiden's Supply and Demand. The box is Asian Session Box and US Session Box. The ADR marker is also part of MMM. There are 2 vertical lines of Frankfurt and London open. And SupDem_v2, I just modified the code to make the lower right logo disappear. Scroll back few page to get the link to this indi.

I probably have to make my post more simple and show step to step.

1. (as stated in the post) On the 2nd pic, the upper dashed red line is SL, the lower red line is TP and the yellow line is Entry line.

2. The SL was initially above the extreme high/above the red divergence line/above circle-2 but later lowered a little above the entry line 2 hours before Asian box.

Thanks for the further explanation. I am not at all familiar with MMM. ty for the supdem indy, I too modified the code to remove the logo.

However, I'm not seeing the supdem boxes on your pictures here http://trading-price-action.blogspot.com/2012/05/70-pips-gbpusd-short-may-10th.html

Perhaps you have the settings different. Would you be so kind as to post the settings for your supdem? That would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the further explanation. I am not at all familiar with MMM. ty for the supdem indy, I too modified the code to remove the logo.

However, I'm not seeing the supdem boxes on your pictures here http://trading-price-action.blogspot.com/2012/05/70-pips-gbpusd-short-may-10th.html

Perhaps you have the settings different. Would you be so kind as to post the settings for your supdem? That would be most appreciated.

The supdem rectangle are there but I set the color to 35,35,35 (dark grey) to make it less distracting. Look at the pic 1, circle-2 penetrate hollow rectangle supply area created by shooting star at circle-1. On the Pic 2 look at the circle-4, the TP line is inside the dark grey solid rectangle created by circle-3. Also on pic-3, there are 2 solid supply area at the upper part of asian box and the swing high before it.

I use default setting just change the color.

Captain,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us!

Excuse me, I never said I am a professional trader. Sam Seiden and Steve Mauro said that professional trader are those who are capable of moving the price with the large capital they control. While we are just retail trader trying to be on the right side of the market by reading their traces.

I was initially learn Stock attracted by its margin strategy thinking that currency movement are so small and limit the potential gain, know nothing about leverage of forex. I did save the forex material I got during the learn of STOCK at different folder.

In the mid of 2009 I was attracted to forex after accidentally read Sure Fire Trading Challenge file where the 1st Champion gain 11.000% return in 1 month, 2nd - 3.100% etc. Unfortunately the system and strategy of the 1st champion are not in the SFT 2008-2009 package. As far as I remember indos didn't have this system either.

I searched SFT file after file on the net but none of them include 1st champion strategy. But I know that in each champion strategy pdf contain identity of the trader. So my next step of finding the name of the 1st SFT champion.

I found the name "Omotade" then search the net for PDF contains text "Omotade", I was lucky to find the strategy and applying it.

But I was a newbie know nothing about Price Action. I was failed. It was later after understand PA that I understand how did Omotade success with his strategy. It was the power of scale in and his discipline to close the trade as his system told. Only that Omotade add to loosing position as long as his long time trend in his direction that I think are dangerous so I now applying it in scale in adding to winning position where the winning portion of every stage determine/grant the entry for the next entry. This strategy make profit grow exponentially.

I failed with Omotade's 11.000% gain strategy so I began moving around searching for "Holly Grail". I've tried every mechanical system, FSS, Karl Dit, Lindencourt, FFM, Market U turn, Big Dog, 3 ducks, Black Diamond, Triad Trade, Advance Synergy basket trading, 45 sniper, Brain Trading, DDFX, FSS, Forex Bliss, Forex Siphon, Phoenix, angora, Trading in the buff, turtle trading and many2 more.

Still during this journey I've gone through some good concept but less success as I have not switch my perception to Price Action perception like Volume Spread Analysis, Proctor's Elliot Wave University, El Wave, Steve Nison, Hector Deville series, Bill Poulos series, David Weiss, Chriss Lori, Mike Baghdaddy, Fx Mentor series, Fx Candle Stick course.

Later in early 2011 I get in to STAR trading system, then Steve Mauro's Market Maker Method, RSI Pro, Sam Seiden and XLT, Martin Cole but only after I read YTC PAT in Oktober 2011 that it successfully transform my perspective in to Price Action Trading. Later I get to Al Brooks series, "Trading in the Zone", Russ Horn FMM and LST.

It was Sam Seiden concept and YTC PAT that change the way I trading and see not the chart and the price but buyer and seller who move the market. Then Al Brooks sharpen it. But remember that this skill are already formed over time.

Later Then I looked back with different perspective to MMM, SupDem, STAR etc and then I can say that "All system talk on the same thing with different language"

It was involving some good friend that I couldn't mention all here. I wouldn't be like this without the help of them.

But all takes determination and efforts like how I found Omotade's system. Please realize that If someone put the food in to your mouth, the food became less value compare to if you put effort to find it. Like YTC PAT, maybe many download it but rare that read it to find its value.

But everyone has to find their own path. I couldn't tell anybody to follow such path. I could only tell the destination.

...do you guys get alert-signals in real time mode ?????? ...I get signals in the simulation mode only....so out of the 3-conditions , visually I can see divergence and candles but the 3rd (ie extremes-see pdf) is within the signal-alert of the ea....so I feel I am missing out to properly test it in real mode...

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

wonder if I did not install it properly and missing something...if anybody knows something about it, I would appreciate a reply...thanks

Edited by konstantin