Astronomy Trading "Trading with the Stars"

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi..well u can open a demo account in any brokers for that trade gold spot and then if thay use metatrader u can go to the history part and download ur data in csv format:)

Thanks, but i have tried that with different brokers and i couldn't get more than 6 years.

Regards

well maybe because of the demo account its that way..well 6 years is enough for timingsolution analysis somehow but if u want a data i think i can send u since 1988

That will be very helpful bro, thank you very much.

I have PM you my email id.

Thanks

HI..thanx alot Unclepips for this wonderful thread..actually i use timingsolution myself,its a amazing program with lots of different stuff that afew dare to test and use in their trades.i am very grateful that u share ur experiences with us..i myself use the spectrum part for forcasting and doing cycle analysis with the help of its neural net,i have done this with eur/usd and gbp/usd even gold analysis and i've got some wonderful result with it,what i've found from spectrum and cycle analysis is that u should test your cycles in different time frames and each time frame should agree each other somehow,i myself preffer 15 and 30 min timeframes for eur/usd,as u know they are many Variables that affect the cycles,so its very important to backtest a lot to choose the best one..anyway thanx a lot for ur posts and ur helps,if i know anything that help i would be glad to do so:)

Hi Seena28,

You're welcome and thank you for providing us with some settings. I mainly trade only with EUR/USD, occasionally, I trade with USD/CAD. both pairs I trade mostly with 2 minute time frames as my triggers. 15M and 60M are using to forecast. Yes, please show us if you know better settings in the future. at the mean time, if you don't mind please also share with us your charts. I usually post my charts between 9PM and 10PM NYT.

I definitely want to try Silver, thank you.

Still waiting for the pictures.

Regards

Picture is too...but, here is how I do it.

1. Open any chart

2. Open spectrum from solutions or from the chart.

3. Run spectrum analyzer

4. on the analyzer chart, select those his/lows using your mouse to select

5. you should see the selected numbers.

6. click on Selected with red arrow. it should go to cycle box. Save it.

7. open neural net tab

8. click on the first yellow box (Step1) with neural net symbol

9. a folder named "price-vents master" appears. select "price indices" tab

10. under that tab select RPO (relative price oscillator)

11. change MA2 to 70 and MA3 to 50 (this section is one of the most important, (to ME) so you really have test out the numbers)

12. click ok

13. go to Step 2, click on neural net symbol

14. a folder called Neural Net criteria mast appears

15. down below, left of that folder, click open and find cycles that you saved and load them up. ciick ok.

16. Step 3: run/train it. make sure the correlation is at positive at above .700.

Unclepips, very interesting. How do you determine which planetary lines to use? Couple of q's. I ask this because you seem to be using different ones on different cahrts. Why would change in timeframe require different planetary lines?

Is there some analysis you carry out to determine which lines and settings to use everyday?

Thanks

Edited by pardy
spelling

Picture is too...but, here is how I do it.

1. Open any chart

2. Open spectrum from solutions or from the chart.

3. Run spectrum analyzer

4. on the analyzer chart, select those his/lows using your mouse to select

5. you should see the selected numbers.

6. click on Selected with red arrow. it should go to cycle box. Save it.

7. open neural net tab

8. click on the first yellow box (Step1) with neural net symbol

9. a folder named "price-vents master" appears. select "price indices" tab

10. under that tab select RPO (relative price oscillator)

11. change MA2 to 70 and MA3 to 50 (this section is one of the most important, (to ME) so you really have test out the numbers)

12. click ok

13. go to Step 2, click on neural net symbol

14. a folder called Neural Net criteria mast appears

15. down below, left of that folder, click open and find cycles that you saved and load them up. ciick ok.

16. Step 3: run/train it. make sure the correlation is at positive at above .700.

Thanks for the wonderful explanation Unclepips :), i was able to set it up as described, but how long does it take for the NN Training to finish? I clicked the Training button for over 20mins now it is still calculating, even as i write.

Regards

Unclepips, very interesting. How do you determine which planetary lines to use? Couple of q's. I ask this because you seem to be using different ones on different cahrts. Why would change in timeframe require different planetary lines?

Is there some analysis you carry out to determine which lines and settings to use everyday?

Thanks

Hi, I've read a book called "Why Markets Turn." I got most of the planetary stuff for currency trading from there. However, I spent quite a bit of times reading older planetary trading books as well. but most of those older books mostly deal with stocks and metals, etc... So basically, once I found some good planetary lines for gold, I transfer its interpretation to AUD/USD and the same for oil with USD/CAD. Each currency has its own planetary cycles. I use the same planetary lines everyday and have been helped me for quite a bit. Most of the time, if I don't make it, because my stops were too SMALL.

Fmfx, to answer your question, I normally run the training until I get good/high correlations and NN Rel Osc. has to be over .800 (for me to predict). It's gonna take a little longer time, but it is worth it. please see attached chart for MY requirements.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/15eurjpyapril302012.png

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/15eurjpyapril302012.png

Can you please show pic of the exact settings for the Spectrum Analyzer module please?

Hi,

I described the exact setting on post # 135 for spectrum analyzer. like I said, it would take me a little longer to screen copy each part so I wrote the exact same way that I use for Spectrum Analyzer.

Hello Unclepips,

I was able to get the NN above 900 but i couldn't get the line on my chart just like yours, after the training what button do you use to get the line unto the chart?

Thanks

Could you post your chart?

Here is what you should do, if I understood you correctly.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8114/astroneuralapril2012.png

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8114/astroneuralapril2012.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hi..first thanx again Unclepips for ur instructons;i would like to share what i know about spectrum ,i hope it would be helpful meanwhile i would learn from u guys like i've learned alot from u before.spectrum analysis is about cycle analysis and therefore we talk a bout cycles that have been born in the charts and lived there for a while and like anything else they will end,what i mean from this is that we cannot be sure that when these cycles we are using them for forecasting gonna last..in this approach there are somethings that are very important..1-download the most recent price history, what i mean is that for example for 15min data 20000 bar is too much and it does not help u with the most recent cycles i myself prefer between 5000 to 10000 for 15 min..2-its important to pay attention to the short term cycles..we can do this by shorter RPO bar periods;why do we do this?well its because that if we choose the cycle that is closer to the present the chance of using its life is much more than the cycle that is far from present..3-never use too much cycles i myself prefer 5to8; thats because too much cycles just gonna make the program confuse.. i will post my eur/usd15min forecasting..i am learning Timingsolution myself so this chart is onley for discussing the issue ..thanx alot:)

http://bac.vacau.com/photos/95f5e03890b0.gif

Thank you Unclepips, you are a good Instructor :), i trained the NN to about 1000 and followed your instructions on the picture to get the curve/line on my chart.

My network wouldn't allow me upload a picture now but i promise to keep on trying.

Regards

Thanks! I hope everything works out well for you.

Here is my chart.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/15eurmay12012.png

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/15eurmay12012.png/]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7717/15eurmay12012.png[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us