Market Makers Trading Course (Martin Cole method)

Martin Cole is a Forex educator and trader. He offers in-person education, DVD courses, and software called Professional Activity Tracker (PAT). His underlying view is that the market is controlled by the market makers, market action is based on the market maker's business plan, the way to profit is to determine what is the intent of the market maker, and to trade with them. He postulates three market phases, (1) Hidden accumulation, (2) Manipulation, and (3) Profit Release in an ensuing up or down trend. During accumulation, typically taking place during periods of limited market movement (erroneously referred to as congestion), the market makers are taking a position, either buy or sell, in anticipation of subsequent movement. During manipulation, the market maker's may move the markets in a deceptive way to entrap more public traders and to increase accumulation of positions. In the profit release phase, the markets are moved in the intended direction, drawing in the public, but at which time the market makers are buying from or selling to the public in order to profit from their previously accumulated positions. The author's web site is at: hxxp://xxx.learningtotrade.cxm (Substitute the correct letters for "x"). Note there are previous Indo threads started under Forex Clips & movie tutorials with little attendance. All comments welcome, good, bad or indifferent. Edited by Steveg

I watched the videos and while informative didn't give much to the individual that was wanting to trade the method, in my opinion. It seemed that he was advertising his software which will cost you on going $3800 a year plus the one time video training cost. According to MC you can trade without his PAT software successfully but his training was definitely geared towards using his wares.

Don't get me wrong. My intention is not to knock the training but to inform that there is an additional cost that you will incur. As you know any business has operating costs. If the $318 per month for his PAT software is instrumental in making you a profitable trader then that outlay is just a line item expense which is the cost of doing business. Just relaying my understanding of the Martin Cole training so one can make an informed decision.

Thanks

Don't get me wrong. My intention is not to knock the training but to inform that there is an additional cost that you will incur. As you know any business has operating costs. If the $318 per month for his PAT software is instrumental in making you a profitable trader then that outlay is just a line item expense which is the cost of doing business. Just relaying my understanding of the Martin Cole training so one can make an informed decision.

Thanks

Thanks for the follow up. A question is whether one can learn to recognize accumulation, manipulation, and profit taking without having to incur the expense of leasing the PAT software. The author say it is. Some investigation might reveal what the PAT software does. I've suggsted that Volume Spread Analysis (VSA) might yield some clues.

My understanding is rudimentary. Where the close is in relationship to the range of a bar may indicate whether accumulation or distribution is taking place. Extended bars may indicate intent.

Edited by Steveg

Thanks for the follow up. A question is whether one can learn to recognize accumulation, manipulation, and profit taking without having to incur the expense of leasing the PAT software. The author say it is. Some investigation might reveal what the PAT software does. I've suggsted that Volume Spread Analysis (VSA) might yield some clues.

My understanding is rudimentary. Where the close is in relationship to the range of a bar may indicate whether accumulation or distribution is taking place. Extended bars may indicate intent.

I had a look at this once... the PAT bars matched up with engulfing bars on a 15m chart. For me this looks like PAT is measuring high tick volume or possibly ask/bid limit orders vs market orders. You can get the same info with market delta. Another option is Barry's volume churn bars which work on the idea that pros are putting through size and amateurs are small size. not to sure about this now though as algos split orders into smaller lots.

• 3 weeks later...

I talk 2 times with Mr Martin Cole.

Always answer any email with great details.

He said always the same..... Not necesary his software.

But never tell you "how that is posible".

He always rememberg is not posible "know" who is more active at accumulation fase (buyers or sellers)

He said is posible to see some clues, but not more (maybe trap traders or spikes)

Then he wait for finish manipulation phase.

He said is not a breakout system.

Then I belive he is waiting for another thing...... maybe fisrt pull back ?

maybe another formation ? ( well NO, becuase they dont belive in "M" or "W" formations, in fact he dont belive in any formation)

But I saw he wait for same level ?? (maybe more similar to order flow or supply-demand zones)

Edited by successlife
thanks

These two guys hosting a live chatroom appears to be Martin Cole followers.

http://www.daytradingforexlive.com/forex-bank-trading-strategies/learn-to-trade-forex-with-smart-money-part-1/
http://www.daytradingforexlive.com/forex-bank-trading-strategies/learn-to-trade-forex-with-smart-money-part-2/

I take the trial 2 weeks

But, just they change all website and cancel trading room until next week.

Then I cant access to see any thing.

The fee is cheap, becuase is at litle more than 250 USD./year.

I hope they contniues offer access in trial next week.

thanks

• 2 months later...

doubt d@ytr@dingf0r£xLivE is using VSA or martin Cole...other than the 90 pip tool and some steve mauro level 3 stuff.

TradeGuider is probably what PAT is....Martin Cole goes fishing cause he just rents out PAT...semi-retired.

Then some say TradeGuider Repaints, anyhow forexticks is not accurate, in futures the algos spray the T&S with small orders.

the whole idea is to get into the mind of a marketmaker, unless big moves they are gonna gun for some obvious stops after

convincing everyone the move is up or down wiith a 50 pip move. They create the tape, the mm lob the tennis ball back and

forth to each other to create volatility, they are contracted to do so and gamma-hedged by options to move in ranges of 50,100,200

pip ranges on the majors. When those levels are broken the gamma-hedge has to be adjusted this is when things get interesting.

1 or 2 standard deviations and they can keep the orders in house at a bucket shop, after standard deviation of 2 then they have to

start offloading risk into the real market...again that is where it get interesting.

but with some really good news no one can control it, only slippage and spread-widening can save them from their dual-quotation

obligation. MArtin Cole is so beautifully aligned business model, he never has to stick his neck out and make a trade real time, its

all education, and software rental, great model...he is a business man not a trader, it is obvious.

Still I hope loads get onto these things as the market will evolve and it will only help trading momentum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...