{shared } forex Flow

• 3 weeks later...
txt files only needed for backtests.

so.the ea how to avoid newsdays? just through .dll automatic?

another question:

audcad pair default setting "offset_gmt" is 1,start time 7,end time 19. but, my broker is gmt+2, i need set "offset_gmt" to 2,and start time 8,end time 20??

thanks

Edited by yi7fkrbr

Excellent results at backtesting say nothing. The past is past. Only forward testing on demo or even better on live micro/mini shows the performance of EAs. And again many EAs perform good on demo and are miserable live. Live has different feed and brokers are not that friendly also.

Hermes

Excellent results at backtesting say nothing. The past is past.

It seems to me that somebodies lookin' through rose colored glasses at this present time. One uses back-testing as a guide and then of course yez do some demo/live testin' afterwards. And of course some EAs back-test and tell a lie and other EAs back-test and do be tellin' the truth. Don't you not have to be makin' your own wise decisions now?

There are decent brokers with their demo feeds being quite close to the real thang but of course there's always gonna be a slight difference at times.

Edited by callahan

I tested over 100 EAs forwards on demo and then again live on micro. 90% of EAs went south after live tests! But there are a few EAs which deserve attention. If you want to stay on the safe side they will not make you rich but pay the daily expenses. But when you are greedy and push to far they will blow your account faster then your wife. Then lamenting is the last instance left over. There is never enough precaution!

Hermes