Hedge 4

Sauber

Here it is just for you , Capella.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/swordfish

One day trading of 0.1 lot does not excite anyone. I will get more aggressive as I gain more confidence. Also, I am in the process of adding/changing more brokers. Those who need help to demo or to set up foreign brokerage accounts (if you are US residents like me), please PM me.

Well, why don't you link your computer/server to Myfxbook or similar stats-sites then so that we can follow your trading. A copy of an unreadable image like this doesn't say much.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi swordfish,

first off, thank you very much for sharing your experience with hedge 4 trading system. i am trying out this system now, but i don't see any trades open after 15 mins. I left everything at default except the lot size and checked the autotrade box. I do see a connection with 0 s. the status says, "

"To Open". what does it mean?

Edited by kenboi

Hi Swordfish, i am on live with h4 but i use only 2 broker and have some results few days ago. I have h4 2 months now and i only want you tell me if you can, what broker you use and are they with commision or not. I use tadawul and admiral markets with 1 pip fixed spread. But both are very slow in execution. About 2000-4500ms. I use admiral only because of tight spread. I used also fxpro and forex.com but witraw money from them because a lot of slipage and requot. Fxpro turn of my mt4 often, especialy when news come and one time i lost more than 100 $ because of that. Forex.com sleep me to many time for 7 to 12 pips sometimes. I know in demo you can make a lot of pips, but in real i am satisfied with 30-40 pips daily. Now i have 25 to 70 pips daily.You have good results for the first day. In beginning i had very poor results. Sometimes i use close spread -0,00019 and sometime -0,00009 or -0,00008. -0,00019 when market is faster. I check Max.AT at 5 and watch platform when news comming.

Do you use VPS? I share my experience. Please share your.

kenboi,

It means you have the EA on Standby. Uncheck Standby and it should trade.

Swordfish, I got your email. I clicked the button PLACE ORDER in which I shouldn't. I will add few more brokers to my demo and see if there are trades before discussing with you. Thank you very much for your help ^_^

Slippage is your worst enemy. Otherwise, surprisingly a lot of arb opportunities are happening all the time. For those who don't know what arb is, it is very easy to understand: the bid from one broker is higher than the ask from another broker, often by 2 pips. It is also surprising that arbs continue for a long time.

It is absolutely crucial to use a VPS near the data centers. I am using CNS with Trader's Value Package.

Hi Swordfish, i am on live with h4 but i use only 2 broker and have some results few days ago. I have h4 2 months now and i only want you tell me if you can, what broker you use and are they with commision or not. I use tadawul and admiral markets with 1 pip fixed spread. But both are very slow in execution. About 2000-4500ms. I use admiral only because of tight spread. I used also fxpro and forex.com but witraw money from them because a lot of slipage and requot. Fxpro turn of my mt4 often, especialy when news come and one time i lost more than 100 $ because of that. Forex.com sleep me to many time for 7 to 12 pips sometimes. I know in demo you can make a lot of pips, but in real i am satisfied with 30-40 pips daily. Now i have 25 to 70 pips daily.You have good results for the first day. In beginning i had very poor results. Sometimes i use close spread -0,00019 and sometime -0,00009 or -0,00008. -0,00019 when market is faster. I check Max.AT at 5 and watch platform when news comming.

Do you use VPS? I share my experience. Please share your.

Here is a good arb trade between 2 brokers.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/julianblo/Hedge4goodarb6Jan14MOMO.gif

Sell 1.26898, buy 1.26872, a good 2.6 pips of arb (USDCHF). Hardly any slippage (comparing two sets of prices - trigger price first, open price next). Trades closed with 4.1 pips of profit. Of course, this is not typical. I had a bad day today due to manual intervention. Bad pair. Bad slippage. Learning as I go.

Edited by swordfish

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only sucker for this Hedge thingy?

Today's trades (8 only) are clean. No cancelled orders. Slippage was reasonable. More arbs are still coming in, but I need to go get a life.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/julianblo/Hedge4trades01_23_2012.gif

Edited by swordfish

It's not nickels and dimes any more. 121 pips at no risk today for a short period time of trading.

1) I risked 990 euros to check out this software to see if it is a scam, so you don't have to.

2) I funded $5,000 in each account to trade live and proved it works in live accounts, so you don't have to.

3) I tested brokers, currency pairs, trading hours, settings, news time hedging, so you don't have to.

The rest is up to you.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t269/julianblo/Hedge4trades01_24_2012B.gif

Edited by swordfish

It takes two to tango. I only trade with two brokers for now. More to add to my list later.

I understand this is not a popular EA because it is expensive. So, I negotiated a group discount for members here. Please contact me for details.

swordfish, how many brokers are you using for this?
Edited by swordfish

"An old lady went in a convenient store to buy some dog food for her dog. The store owner said to her, "A lot of old people buy dog food to eat. That is not good. Do you really have a dog?". The old lady brought over her dog to show the store owner and he sold her the dog food. Next day, the old lady wanted to buy some cat food. Again, the store owner questioned the old lady if she had a cat. She brought her cat over and the store own sold her the cat food. Next day, the old lady brought a box to the store owner. The store owner looked inside the box and said, "This looks and smells like somebody's S-H-I-T!". The old lady said, "Yea, that is my S-H-I-T. I want to buy some toilet paper. Thought you want some proof."

I hope I don't have to prove it to you that Hedge4 made 143 pips today in my live accounts.

It's good to hear feedback from people on the forum about this EA. But, why wouldn't the broker let you withdraw your profit? Interesting.

There's apparently some people making real big moola real fast with pip huntin' expert advisors. Of course the brokers wont be likin' it.

Yez gotta take it nice and easy and not get all greedy like now and everythin' will be like walkin' thru the daisies sir <):)

Edited by callahan

I had >$25,000 in profits cancelled by Hotforex. I guarantee you they will not pay your profits.

Using this EA or something else? If they knew you were using an arbitrage EA then it isn't surprising that they wouldn't let you withdraw the money. So the important question is; how did they know?

If you're using ECN brokers, then it really shouldn't matter to them if you're using arbitrage. Using a DMA broker like Hotforex however is a completely different story because they have to protect their liquidity providers or they'll lose their pricing advantage.

Edited by Colt

Using this EA or something else? If they knew you were using an arbitrage EA then it isn't surprising that they wouldn't let you withdraw the money. So the important question is; how did they know?

If you're using ECN brokers, then it really shouldn't matter to them if you're using arbitrage. Using a DMA broker like Hotforex however is a completely different story because they have to protect their liquidity providers or they'll lose their pricing advantage.

Aren't ECN and DMA more or less the same? No dealing desk?

I can imagine that the brokers might get upset and will look for reasons to ban you or seize your profit if your account is rising too high and too fast. This Hedge4 thingy can get you 10%-30% in a month at best. All accounts take turns to rise and fall like a braided pony trail in a gradual ascend. One broker actually welcomes this EA after knowing what it does. Their trading volume shot up after they referred some clients to this EA. Arb trades come in 30, 40 time a day on a regular basis.

Assuming a 20% / month return with profit re-invested, a $2,000 investment will be doubled in 4 months. If you want to get rich quick, look elsewhere.

Is 10-30% increase a month good enough for traders like you and me? I was hoping more like 30-50% for this Hedge 4 thingy. Well, if it's safe and steady I can take it. Looks like I won't get rich whatsoever for trading Forex :(
Edited by swordfish