Pip Accumulator EA

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Musketeer and Sound FX: Here is an observation I have seen with the EA. As today on the EU we have had a nice down move. The EA will enter a trade and once it hits TP or SL it will enter a new trade with the 13 pips SL and TP. But what happens if the move downward starts to retrace up will it keep firing off shorts until a up signal appears? If it does this it will wipe out all the gains of the down move trades.

Jeff

Musketeer and Sound FX: Here is an observation I have seen with the EA. As today on the EU we have had a nice down move. The EA will enter a trade and once it hits TP or SL it will enter a new trade with the 13 pips SL and TP. But what happens if the move downward starts to retrace up will it keep firing off shorts until a up signal appears? If it does this it will wipe out all the gains of the down move trades.

Jeff

Hi jshear. good observation... i was just about to post a similar thot...

1) According to me when a buy or sell arrow is given by the system the EA shld only take one trade per signal and after that it shld wait 4 a fresh signal

2) And when we start our MT4 platform at any given point of time their would be a trade running according to the EA.. it shld wait 4 that signal to be complete and then look for a fresh signal...

Just my 2 cents.... this is just how i trade

Just found a bug in the EA I noticed that the EA did not enter a new short trade once the last trade got stopped out as the probability meter was now above -20 but once the probability meter went below -20 the EA jumped into 2 trades even though I had 2 trades set to false?

Jeff

Psaini; The EA will keep entering trades once a trade closes with a TP or SL as long as probability meter is great or less than 20/-20 this way you catch the big moves with many trades of 13 pips profit as it has done today.

Jeff

Yeah this logic is also correct... may be doesn't suit my style..

I just got a double trade again when the EUR USD fired off a long trade and the probability meter was above +20 the EA has now opened two long trades and I have 2 trade setting set to false?

Jeff

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/jeffh.gif/

i had two trades from the ea once but i had by mistake two charts set up with ea on each.

Neil, check in that way: http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/b548ed33-5958-4c3b-800a-1115c1269f03/2011-08-30_1526.png
I'm on ThinkForex and the "differ from market price" is 0 - i think the problem is that you cannot program stops and targets in the same trade as you place a market order - got this problem on FXPro also - even when I turn default TP and SL off and go with ATR SL it won't accept a market order with the SL and TP included - anyone else experiencing this?

Muskateer the last version on post #41 does this version have both ECN and non ECN settings? I have installed this version and don't see a setting for it? Keep up the good work.

Jeff

Jeff, I use it without any issues, it works always in so called ECN mode, because it suits with ECN and Instant execution. So, it permanently works with ECN(two steps orders).

I'm on ThinkForex and the "differ from market price" is 0 - i think the problem is that you cannot program stops and targets in the same trade as you place a market order - got this problem on FXPro also - even when I turn default TP and SL off and go with ATR SL it won't accept a market order with the SL and TP included - anyone else experiencing this?

Neil, are you using the EA from post#41 ?

1) According to me when a buy or sell arrow is given by the system the EA shld only take one trade per signal and after that it shld wait 4 a fresh signal

.... this is just how i trade

psaini1973, you can modify the EA to trade only when there is a new signal, by adding MACD Main and Signal values of shift 2 and comparing to the values from shift 1. Only when shift 2 differ from shift 1, which indicate a fresh cross over of MACD and Masterprob beyond 20, then enter the trade. Hope this helps.

psaini1973, you can modify the EA to trade only when there is a new signal, by adding MACD Main and Signal values of shift 2 and comparing to the values from shift 1. Only when shift 2 differ from shift 1, which indicate a fresh cross over of MACD and Masterprob beyond 20, then enter the trade. Hope this helps.

Thank u so much JasonKwok.. but i have no knowledge of coding etc. soundfx is the best person to do this...