Dinapoli EA

Hi,

I found the Dinapoli Targets Alerts indicator by doing a Google search. Though the name is called DiNapoli however I cannot be 100% certain that it bases its sell/buy decision on Fibonacci principle.

It is working quite successfully for me in manual trading in the last seven months. I trade mainly USDJPY, AUDUSD, GBPUSD, GBPJPY, EURUSD, and EURJPY. My basic problem is I need to be monitoring it all the time in order to catch when it switches position from buy to sell and vice versa.

RULES:

BUY order - Place only one BUY order when the red dotted line (call stop line) is "below" the white dotted line (call entry line)

SELL order - Place only one SELL order when the red stop line is "above" the white entry line.

(Please refer to two screen dumps for a clearer understanding)

Order handling. When the indicator switches position e.g from Buy to Sell then close any BUY pending order or/and filled BUY position regardless. Reverse is true for Sell to Buy. There are times when the price retraces back to the white entry line so the logic need to ensure that if there is already 1)pending order or 2) filled position then don't place any more order.

TRADING METHODS

1st method. Only 1 order. Then target is set to TP2.

2nd Method. Multiple orders with multiple TP. for example

- 0.50 lots with TP1 default

- 0.30 lots with TP2 default

- 0.20 lots with Fantasy line default

The Ea should allow selection of TP for either of the trading methods. (by default: there are 5 TPs. TP1, TP2, TP3, FantasyLine, Crazy Dream line)

STOP LOSS

The dotted red stop line remains throughout a position. My definition of position is either a BUY or SELL.

TIMEFRAME

Works best on H1, D1, and Weekly chart. M30 is volatile for this indicator though it works but with smaller gain (<10 pips) gain.

MONEY MANAGEMENT

No more than 4% of the capital. Option to select No.

I would like to post both indicator & EA to share with everyone for testing and optimizing but at this stage i don't have permission to post attachments

Thanks

Edited by theozaki

I just worked out how to do it !

Please use the links below to download both indicator & EA

I personally don't have the time to test & optimize this EA but i recommend the above mentioned currency pairs with H1 time frame & higher. Please share your results and findings !

I paid to have this EA coded but i want to share it with everyone on this forum which has also given back to me by others sharing their profitable EA's.

The EA has built in money management and also a Trailing Stop & profit lock feature.

I invite the great EA coders in this forum to modify and improve this EA based on advanced Fibonacci principles by adding additional indicators , filters etc to improve overall accuracy and profitability of the EA !

Enjoy !

http://hotfile.com/dl/126728532/320011d/Dinapoli_EA.mq4.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/126728771/22c38d4/DinapoliTargetsAlerts.mq4.html

Edited by theozaki

thanks, but I don't understand, is this automated or manual? in first part you say you place manual order but second part you have two method of trading by ea! I'm confused....

Dinopoli Targets Alerts is an INDICATOR

Dinopoli_EA is an EA that Theozaki paid someone to have the manual method he's been using programmed into an EA.

I thought that was quite clear.

Hi,

I found the Dinapoli Targets Alerts indicator by doing a Google search. Though the name is called DiNapoli however I cannot be 100% certain that it bases its sell/buy decision on Fibonacci principle.

It is working quite successfully for me in manual trading in the last seven months. I trade mainly USDJPY, AUDUSD, GBPUSD, GBPJPY, EURUSD, and EURJPY. My basic problem is I need to be monitoring it all the time in order to catch when it switches position from buy to sell and vice versa.

RULES:

BUY order - Place only one BUY order when the red dotted line (call stop line) is "below" the white dotted line (call entry line)

SELL order - Place only one SELL order when the red stop line is "above" the white entry line.

(Please refer to two screen dumps for a clearer understanding)

Order handling. When the indicator switches position e.g from Buy to Sell then close any BUY pending order or/and filled BUY position regardless. Reverse is true for Sell to Buy. There are times when the price retraces back to the white entry line so the logic need to ensure that if there is already 1)pending order or 2) filled position then don't place any more order.

TRADING METHODS

1st method. Only 1 order. Then target is set to TP2.

2nd Method. Multiple orders with multiple TP. for example

- 0.50 lots with TP1 default

- 0.30 lots with TP2 default

- 0.20 lots with Fantasy line default

The Ea should allow selection of TP for either of the trading methods. (by default: there are 5 TPs. TP1, TP2, TP3, FantasyLine, Crazy Dream line)

STOP LOSS

The dotted red stop line remains throughout a position. My definition of position is either a BUY or SELL.

TIMEFRAME

Works best on H1, D1, and Weekly chart. M30 is volatile for this indicator though it works but with smaller gain (<10 pips) gain.

MONEY MANAGEMENT

No more than 4% of the capital. Option to select No.

I would like to post both indicator & EA to share with everyone for testing and optimizing but at this stage i don't have permission to post attachments

Thanks

pls post the screen shot and examples of your trade method, tks.

Theozaki,

I can see how powerful it is as a manual trading system. Why isn't the EA profitable in back test?

An EA will never behave the same as a manual system . Some say that at best it can come to around 70% correctness and profits as the manual system that generated the EA .

If this system presents potential, an EA could be made to manage the trades after a trader has manually taken those trades ..but that`s as far as it goes...

I have learned coding because of some manual system that presented a lot of potential , the issue was that i was`nt able to watch as many pairs as i would wanted to .. Guess what... the ea was trading , but the results were far from the ones i was experiencing while manual trading . Not that the ea was bad , its just that some of the trades , me, as a manual trader, i would have never taken cause of many reasons (time, the trend was loosing strenght ...news and so on ...) ... Buttom point is , if i do code nowadays , is more like a play-around ore just doing something for somebody else....

It`s just my opinion , and my way of explaining why an ea made after a successful manual trading system (i`m not sure its successful ore not..but just saying) , is not giving the same success as the manual system itself.

An EA will never behave the same as a manual system . Some say that at best it can come to around 70% correctness and profits as the manual system that generated the EA .

If this system presents potential, an EA could be made to manage the trades after a trader has manually taken those trades ..but that`s as far as it goes...

I have learned coding because of some manual system that presented a lot of potential , the issue was that i was`nt able to watch as many pairs as i would wanted to .. Guess what... the ea was trading , but the results were far from the ones i was experiencing while manual trading . Not that the ea was bad , its just that some of the trades , me, as a manual trader, i would have never taken cause of many reasons (time, the trend was loosing strenght ...news and so on ...) ... Buttom point is , if i do code nowadays , is more like a play-around ore just doing something for somebody else....

It`s just my opinion , and my way of explaining why an ea made after a successful manual trading system (i`m not sure its successful ore not..but just saying) , is not giving the same success as the manual system itself.

The human edge in decision making cannot be substituted via an automated system. There are many variables and factors to consider before the trigger is pulled on a trade. EAs merely follow a few simple rules and their programmed logic to execute their trades

Hi Guys,

Please find a more updated version of the EA via the link below ! It is more suited for trading with 5 digit brokers whereas the previous version was not.

Also make sure to manually load the indicator on the charts even though the EA does call for it via the Experts/Indicator folder !

http://hotfile.com/dl/127077857/b70c0a2/Dinapoli_EA.mq4.html

Cheers

A further Ea update ! Apparently the Dinapoli EA that was coded for me was blocked from opening orders on some brokers such as Go Markets. The EA has been further revised and updated to set TP and SL levels on the order immediately AFTER the Buy/Sell order is executed and not at the same time which was being blocked from the brokers side ! The EA now works fine....

Just a few notes after the change:

MagicNumber - If you trade on more than one of the same pair then you need to change the number.

Example if you load the EA on EURUSD M15 and on EURUSD M30 then give one a different number here.

If you trade on one pair at a time then you need to change nothing.

Lotdigits is the minimum lot your broker allow. If your minimum lots size is 0.01 then make this setting 2 because there

are 2 digits behind the decimal point.

http://hotfile.com/dl/127262374/7f88feb/Dinapoli_EA.mq4.html

• 2 weeks later...
This EA could do with some time settings as each trading session is more profitable than the other. Asian generally bad!

Yes, thats a good observation ! I would agree with that because the EA needs price movement and some volatility to reach TP levels. The asian session is generally flat and non trending anyway !

• 2 weeks later...