TradeCopy [share]

I am not copying trades from EA, indeed are from Manual Trading. My friend placed about 20 orders per day and I am just trying to copy from him with MT4i EA. Does this EA only work in certain version of windows? It seems the copy job was good yesterday...

Im using Windows 7. Im not sure about others, sorry.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had posted this before: put the dll into windows\system instead of system32 for vista/server 2003/server 2008.

I suppose you should do that for Windows 7 as well.

Hi murtamad,

The trade copy that I am using is MT4i EA, the "QuickChannel" Dll as per manual should be installed in the expert/ Library directory instead of system folder...:)

Hi murtamad,

The trade copy that I am using is MT4i EA, the "QuickChannel" Dll as per manual should be installed in the expert/ Library directory instead of system folder...:)

Thanks. I was thinking of saving some harddisk space. Placing the dll in the system folder would eliminate duplicate copies of the dll in every mt4 libraries folder. Some trade copier installs the dll into the system folder as well. I'm not sure whether performance would be affected though.

The Mt4i trade copy developer did a good job with the documentation though. Thorough, well laid out and clear. If only all developers would pay the same amount of attention to their documentation.

I had posted this before: put the dll into windows\system instead of system32 for vista/server 2003/server 2008.

I suppose you should do that for Windows 7 as well.

I'm Using mt4i TradeCopy; sometimes(twice I noticed) my "receiver EA" MT4 would get disconnected, but when it's reconnected the heartbeat wouldn't be receiving signal from "sender EA"

I'll try your method by deleting QuickChannel.dll from expert/library folders and only put in the system folder. Great! doesn't cause any problem, but will need to wait and see if Same issue would happened when my receiving MT4 is disconnected.

copying market order average about 1 to 2 seconds delay from sender to receiver EA; loving it!

ON Windows Server 2003 - Datacenter x64 edition

update & confirmed; no more heartbeat issue after putting QuickChannel.dll in system folder.

Edited by getting

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks ! I testing and working fine, but, any know how to use when the pair have diferent extention like exness EURUSDm (in copy slave)? I try to copy from an mt4 having common names like EURUSD or USDCAD using copy master and the mt4 slave using names with subfix EURUSDm USDCADm, etc etc... any probe it??? thank in advance!

• 8 months later...
Guest goodboyfx
hey alright.. is this the EDUCATEDcopy? u gave about to expire? because when i entered its giving me this alert when it copies or tries to copy error alert "tradecopy:: trading not allowed!" i have a feelings its uneducated...demo version..altho it copies but this alert appears which is annoying.. btw.. why doesnt it allow us to hit F7 and adjust settings? it seem everytime i have to re-load ea to adjust settings.. i guess we may need to make .SET files for some scenarios...i understood slaves function(names of system u want copied).. still dont know Master account function is for.. if u can explain what master account can be for.. it'll be great. Edited by goodboyfx

hey alright.. is this the EDUCATEDcopy? u gave about to expire? because when i entered its giving me this alert when it copies or tries to copy error alert "tradecopy:: trading not allowed!" i have a feelings its uneducated...demo version..altho it copies but this alert appears which is annoying.. btw.. why doesnt it allow us to hit F7 and adjust settings? it seem everytime i have to re-load ea to adjust settings.. i guess we may need to make .SET files for some scenarios...i understood slaves function(names of system u want copied).. still dont know Master account function is for.. if u can explain what master account can be for.. it'll be great.

Hi. The copy is educated. If you ask what a master account is, I'm prone to think you're not following the correct steps. I didn't use this copier in a while so I just loaded a fresh copy a few minutes ago, which works like a charm using FXOpen ECN and FinFX ECN demo accounts. To answer your question, the master account is the one where u load the AccountExport-EA and where you place your trades (i.e. where you actually buy and sell). The slave account, where you load the AccountImport-EA, is the one that mimics the orders placed on the master account. This should be clear enough. Also check you have copied the GlobalVariable.dll into the system32 folder and that you have the DLL import options enabled on your MT4's. There is a reason why F7 doesn't load the settings (which I think is common to the all the tradecopiers) and is explained in page 2 of the pdf "These EAs work in eternal loop for precise timing and due to this you can't press F7 to change the parameters. You must remove EA from chart and then start over with new parameters." So you do need to create set files if you need different settings.

One more thing: if you see the lines as marked by the red arrows in the picture, that's one clue the EA's are working. Also please refer to post #8 as that should clarify all the steps to be followed. Hope that helps :)

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2122/21012013034346.jpg

Guest goodboyfx
Hey Alright thx for replyiing. I am just wondering why do I keep getting this annoying alert "tradecopy:: trading not allowed!" perhaps a glitch u forget to remove when educating. can it be removed? if so my ears will thank you. btw about master account clearance, im asking about the parameter first one on top 2 lines of saying account name 1(Type Master account 1 name here),account name 2. i am basically leaving that as is...not touching it. because i dont know its function n wanted to know what can it be used for.. i just using"slave names parameter" to get signals from export account-ea. so job is being done.. but i was wondering those 2 top line parameters must be making this copier even better. i am already liking the speed n accuracy of this copier as is...thx for your help, much appreciated.

I'm afraid I can't help there as I didn't educate it myself and I can't even remember where I got it from. The lines you speak about are handy when you have different instances of the EA running and you want to differentiate them. If you are using only one there's no need to change them. As for the message you keep getting, it is telling you there is some kind of mistake in your parameters but I'm not capable of helping there, I'm sorry. :(

What are the brokers you intend to use the EA on? And which one is the master? And one last thing: are both MT4's updated to the same build? The latest is currently 451.

Guest goodboyfx
yes i was using fxpro signal provider.. and ECN broker ic markets as signal rcvr, which has suffix "i" and i am glad to see this one actually does the job of copying with suffix... first lines master name, i guess distinguishing purposes, i'll c what use i can make out of it. well this error keeps showing and its not in journal its simply pop up annoying alert(to get around it is, disable alert as soon as ur about to import-EA, yep all my mt4's 451... good thing this copier also accepts 4-5 digits...anyone know any good traders or sites with with investor pass, want to copy some good trades. Alright thx for sharing it the software. SO far i played it on demo accounts.. hope it works with live accts too, anyone tried this copier on live acct yet?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...