TradeCopy [share]

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce, you should be clearer with your posts. You should mention that the Admiral Pro is an ECN type of account. I'm not sure if the tradecopy will work with ECN accounts, or whether trades from non-ECN to ECN will work. Perhaps some other members can shed some light?

Maybe that could be the problem. I just tried it on 2 demo instances of Pepperstone which is ECN and the orders are not executed on the slave. When I load the import EA it shows a message like its going to expire, and after that I don't get any error, even the journal shows the trades are executed, but in reality nothing happens.

Anyone knows the actual developer or their website? The link in the source code seems to be inserted by somebody else.

I found the actual developer website from room25 who posted an unadulterated demo copy

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/3078-Need-Help-to-Decode-Tradecopy?highlight=tradecopy[\CODE]

Unfortunately, not much info on that website [code]www.mql4.info[\CODE]

i want to use reverse trade.any bad or high dd ea can recommend to me ? anyone got experience with reverse trade ? hope u can share with me.i m still thinking how to make use of this trade copy ea.thank you.

if you can not get average pips of all trades of an loosing account equal to (minimum) of 2 x spread + 1to2 pips(at least), do not try to reverse

and... if you got that - look for trailing stop, if it is in the loosing strategy, the above calculation is not right...

now i m only trying to copy the trade frm grid and martingale ea to my demo account,but limit the trade copy so that it wont turn into disaster. good idea ? :P

Bruce, for your answer to your grid question, section 3.3 of the Mt4i tradecopy doc gives an idea of the risk you'll be taking. Take care!

thanks,i stopped trying copy grid ea for a while already.not working very well.i might try it again in future.for now, i have been thinking on how to make use of trade copy ea and reverse ea... now my idea is try to find high dd ea or loser ea to reverse their trades.still trying and finding the right ea... any comment or suggestion ? thank you :)

thanks,i stopped trying copy grid ea for a while already.not working very well.i might try it again in future.for now, i have been thinking on how to make use of trade copy ea and reverse ea... now my idea is try to find high dd ea or loser ea to reverse their trades.still trying and finding the right ea... any comment or suggestion ? thank you :)

post #35..... if my english is not enough i will give examples...

i kinda understand what u mean.can u give me some examples ?thank you :)

ok, let we try then... :)

strategy w/o trailing stop and trailing limit - it is first condition

then, we need total loss divided by number of trades * lotsize (raw lotsize is preferable for easy calculations...) - aka expectancy in MT4 - to bring result of no less than 2 spreads plus few pips

so, let we assume 1000 trades * 0.1 lot on eurusd

it will means that one pip is one dollar

the result is: -$598

so, we have for all trades average of -1.98 pips - it will not works in reverse! *it will loose again*!

but if you have from these 1k trades say -$6000, it will means that we have average of -$6 for all trades... reverse it - and it will be profitable...

hope it is clear

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just hoping you can help clarify things here. In the Import EA, for the AccountName1 and AccountName2 parameters, what do I enter in here? Do I put my name, or the account number for this MT4? I have tried a number of things and have had no success. I am also trying a demo for Trade Copier.com but it appears to initiate orders on the slave kind of slow. On one account, an order never closed at all. I thought maybe this other trade copier EA might be faster. I just can't get it to work. Thanks for any help you might offer!

Hi guys,

Just hoping you can help clarify things here. In the Import EA, for the AccountName1 and AccountName2 parameters, what do I enter in here? Do I put my name, or the account number for this MT4? I have tried a number of things and have had no success. I am also trying a demo for Trade Copier.com but it appears to initiate orders on the slave kind of slow. On one account, an order never closed at all. I thought maybe this other trade copier EA might be faster. I just can't get it to work. Thanks for any help you might offer!

I left the default settings on those fields. Make sure the HourShiftGMT is set up properly. As soon as I place the orders on the master account, they appear on the slave almost immediately. I have to say the 2 accounts reside on the same computer. I dont know what else I can say to help, sorry.

by default,u cannot copy pending order.why ? u can refer to the manual,it thinks tat it's not safe to copy pending order.if u still want to copy pending order,u can do so by changing the parameter.it's in the manual.i seldom copy pending order,and didnt experience this problem before.hope it helps u

Now i think my problem is I can't even copy the trades from the sender even the trade that freshly opened..:( anyone can help?

Hi, does anyone know why sometime all the pending orders are not copied from sender to receiver accounts? I have experienced that before. Thanks.

You surely will have experienced sometimes that MT4 loses contact with the server, and in this case you get a warning from the EA that the server is not connected. Thats the only reason I can think why this happens to you. It's never happened to me so far that orders are not copied, and my disconnections can only last a few seconds, and I'm aware of it anyway. I'm using it every day with no problems, although I have to say I'm not a high frequency trader as my trades are around a dozen in a day. I don't know how it would behave with fast trading EA's.

BTW: I use pending orders in 99.99% of my trades. Hope that helps

You surely will have experienced sometimes that MT4 loses contact with the server, and in this case you get a warning from the EA that the server is not connected. Thats the only reason I can think why this happens to you. It's never happened to me so far that orders are not copied, and my disconnections can only last a few seconds, and I'm aware of it anyway. I'm using it every day with no problems, although I have to say I'm not a high frequency trader as my trades are around a dozen in a day. I don't know how it would behave with fast trading EA's.

BTW: I use pending orders in 99.99% of my trades. Hope that helps

I am not copying trades from EA, indeed are from Manual Trading. My friend placed about 20 orders per day and I am just trying to copy from him with MT4i EA. Does this EA only work in certain version of windows? It seems the copy job was good yesterday...