MetaStock Formula - T3B

klkoo

• 3 weeks later...

The K-line is very similar with the standard MACD formula.

Below is the Metastock formula for the K-line:-

Mov(CLOSE,11,E)-Mov(CLOSE,25,E)

BTW, are you able to crack the formula without having time limit in order to use for the current market data?

The K-line is very similar with the standard MACD formula.

Below is the Metastock formula for the K-line:-

Mov(CLOSE,11,E)-Mov(CLOSE,25,E)

BTW, are you able to crack the formula without having time limit in order to use for the current market data?

thank you klkoo,

but i dont know how to open it,.. but i know a person who can do it for you.. contact him at [email protected]

he may do something..

Is it possible to give details about this T3B? How do you read those chart?

There is 2 lines appear in the price chart i.e. peak line (resistance) & trough line (support).

Buy signal is generated when the price break the recent peak line.

Sell signal is generated when the price break the recent trough line.

The signal is more accurate when the previous prices chart break the recent high i.e. 3 month high/6 month high/ 9 month high or 1 year high/2 year high/3 year high with accumulation volume surge. In addition, the K-line is low i.e. near to the water level (zero line).

Hi this system is a repaint formula...

systems signals after 3-4 candles later. to .. occurs on the previous 3 candle..

peak and though formula signals are hand made or repaint formulas

becareful please

This is 1st time I heard about repaint about the indicators. I think you see wrongly.

The peak and trough lines are drawing for begin bar till the max bar (or current bar). However due to matastock inability to compute to the full max bar. it always draw till last 4 bars before max. Then they extend 2 more peak and trough lines called last 4bars peak or trough (something liked that). draw from 8-12 bars before the current bar. So in the chart, there actually contains 4 lines.

There a lot of inability in this charting package likes data less that 1 year, the 1/2/3 year indicator keep poping window to warn you.

That why, i don't like metastock.

Edited by KelvinHand

This is 1st time I heard about repaint about the indicators. I think you see wrongly.

The peak and trough lines are drawing for begin bar till the max bar (or current bar). However due to matastock inability to compute to the full max bar. it always draw till last 4 bars before max. Then they extend 2 more peak and trough lines called last 4bars peak or trough (something liked that). draw from 8-12 bars before the current bar. So in the chart, there actually contains 4 lines.

There a lot of inability in this charting package likes data less that 1 year, the 1/2/3 year indicator keep poping window to warn you.

That why, i don't like metastock.

I think you are new at trading. You will see so much about indicators:Zigzag is one of them.

In the system that you see a buy arrow is seen after 4 days... It means when you see a buy arrow on 05-05.2011 ..this signal occurs on 09.05.2011...

At all programs beaware of peak and though formulas... That is not in metastock its all about trading platforms... You can find everything in MS. Alert windows and etc. MS is not for everyone.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5338/t3ba.jpg' alt='t3ba.jpg'>

Edited by jedixs

Aiyo!!! This is not call repaint.

If i not mistaken, there are two types of arrows:

- One is break line arrow (Small Arrow)

- One is fractal arrow (Big Arrow)

The Green and Red arrows more look like the Fractal Arrow.

This is the formula issue in the Buy/Sell Expert Advisor. It must satisfy the condition below:

The Peak formula is done in this way:

- To the left of the Pivot Bar, there must be 1 bar lower then the pivot bar

- To the right of Pivot Bar, there must be 3 bars lower or any bars equal to the pivot bar

- The pivot bar High must not equal to the Low

The Trough formula is done in this way:

- To the left of the Pivot Bar, there must be 1 bar Higher then the pivot bar

- To the right of Pivot Bar, there must be 3 bars Higher or any bars equal to the pivot bar

So the 2 arrows satisfy the condition:

* you should only see the Peak line (Red Arrow) on 10.5.2011 when 13.5.2011 market close.

* you should only see the Trough line (Green Arrow) on 25.4.2011 only when 28.4.2011 market close

However, there are also quite a number of locations meet the condition but did not display the arrows. There maybe additional condition in formula that prevented it. So it is advisable to display the peak and trough line.

Can someone post the fractal formula here ?

When you talk about ZigZag or the MT4 Fractal, the condition is likely that it must had 2 bars on each side of the pivot bar that it work.

In your description, you probably thinking about that way.

But this is basically modified from Darvas Box idea. ZigZag will show you strong pivot point, but other than ZigZag do, this DarvasBox derived method can sometime show you price consolidation.

Did I proved to you that I still new at trading now ?

Edited by KelvinHand

Aiyo!!! This is not call repaint.

If i not mistaken, there are two types of arrows:

- One is break line arrow (Small Arrow)

- One is fractal arrow (Big Arrow)

The Green and Red arrows more look like the Fractal Arrow.

This is the formula issue in the Buy/Sell Expert Advisor. It must satisfy the condition below:

The Peak formula is done in this way:

- To the left of the Pivot Bar, there must be 1 bar lower then the pivot bar

- To the right of Pivot Bar, there must be 3 bars lower or any bars equal to the pivot bar

The Trough formula is done in this way:

- To the left of the Pivot Bar, there must be 1 bar Higher then the pivot bar

- To the right of Pivot Bar, there must be 3 bars Higher or any bars equal to the pivot bar

So the 2 arrows satisfy the condition:

* you should only see the Peak line (Red Arrow) on 10.5.2011 when 13.5.2011 market close.

* you should only see the Trough line (Green Arrow) on 25.4.2011 only when 28.4.2011 market close

However, there are also quite a number of locations meet the condition but did not display the arrows. There maybe additional condition in formula that prevented it. So it is advisable to display the peak and trough line.

Can someone post the fractal formula here ?

When you talk about ZigZag or the MT4 Fractal, the condition is likely that it must had 2 bars on each side of the pivot bar that it work.

In your description, you probably thinking about that way.

But this is basically modified from Darvas Box idea. ZigZag will show you strong pivot point, but other than ZigZag do, this DarvasBox derived method can sometime show you price consolidation.

Did I proved to you that I still new at trading now ?

Yes you are rokie..>Sorry. In this system big arrows are peak and trough, small ones are the miner peak and trough...Anyway don not use any signal or indicator that use peak and though math....these are only for fractals...t3b is a repaint or re signal formula if you use it with arrows-signal etc.... But if you -want use it like fractal points its useful for trading. but not a system.

Hi,

It is by default to trade using the Peak line and Trough Line with better visualization, together with their indicators Month/Year High, x Time Vol and K-Line (MACD on Volume). Not to use the Fractal Arrow. There is no repaint issue.

My repaint means - the formula is correct, for example just like magic, one time arrow there, the next moment you dont see it ór shifted the position. This are usually caused by time refresh. However in a EOD system, usually not the case.

http://www.iitm.com/articles/What-is-a-Trading-System.htm

T3b would consist some of the eight parts:

1. a market filter

* t3b -stand for Trade the Trend and Breakout.

2. set up conditions

* They can scan stock using Matastock Explorer...etc

3. an entry signal

* Enter is always very clear - Long 1 tick above Peak line, Short 1 tick below Trough Line.

Trend Line Setup - P1, P2 , B1, B2..etc

4. a worst-case stop loss

- 8% of enter price or below the peak/trough line

5. re-entry when it is appropriate

- same as 3.

6. profit-taking exits

- Can to break trough line or 8% below peakline on long trade while in profit and Short trade the other way rough.

7. a position sizing algorithm

- Teaching not more than 2-5% on your account per trade ...etc

8. you might need multiple systems for different market conditions.

- Not Applicable.

All above setup your Trading Plan

See attached picture from klkoo

%5Burl=http%3A//tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24v16yc&s=7%5D

Edited by KelvinHand

• 1 month later...
TQ for your password. I manage to change the date to the future date.

BTW, how do you get this password?

klkoo how do u change to the future date, i applied it but the chart won't show up like the sample chart (t3b strategy demo)?

Edited by michael12

• 1 year later...